Clux's Avatar yo mama

Country
    Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    FGunZ/Other(kinda)

Suggestion description:
    during the last downtime i was checking out other "dimensions" of gunz and i found some really cool feature in my opinion.
    Why not add a Ranking on fgunz.net where you can see the best achieved times of the different skillmaps so people can compete for the best time possible. maybe add some ways to prevent cheating eg. adding checkpoints which have to be moved through, forbid nades, etc...
    i know there arent alot of fans of skillmaps but im pretty sure there are still some nerds(me included) who would love that feature.
    sorry for my bad english and "stealing" ideas lel

sweg

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    We have this but I guess a ranking can be created, not sure if needed but would be cool: https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...-World-Records

Clux's Avatar yo mama

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ommadawn View Post
    We have this but I guess a ranking can be created, not sure if needed but would be cool: https://freestylersworld.com/showthr...-World-Records
    yeah ive already seen that Topic but those times have to be manually checked and put in. My point was creating a system that automaticly tracks and updates the times achieved and puts them into said "ranking".

sweg

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Clux View Post
    yeah ive already seen that Topic but those times have to be manually checked and put in. My point was creating a system that automaticly tracks and updates the times achieved and puts them into said "ranking".
    Yea got it, could be nice to have.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    If such an automatic system is going to be added its almost guaranteed to be the version with shortcuts, since you cannot take onto account every shortcut on every map with checkpoints.

Though this is something Ive been thinking about very recently actually. Its a good way to keep competition high on a mode where skillmaps are kind of timeless. If such a thing was added to the weekly competition for much lower coin reward, say 5-10 coins per map where rank 1 of each map every week gets the rewards, we could have an ongoing competition that keeps only active players at the top because you'd have to keep playing in order to not fall off speed wise if you tried the same map with a 2 year gap. A good example of this is the fact that while I hold many of the records, I don't remember how I did most of the maps and my ultradashing is for sure not on the level that it was when the activity with the mode was still high.

The only problem i can see with such a reward system is that its easy to avoid confrontation by doing an unplayed map. Having someone that will confront your time with all 39 possible maps would not likely be common. Maybe we can do the weeklies on 4 randomly selected maps every week. Sounds like a lot of coding but could be worth it and fun for players ^^
    Last edited by Bunny; 01-15-2024 at 06:08 PM.

6. The following user said thank you to Bunny for this useful post:

Amamin (01-16-2024)

Clux's Avatar yo mama

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    If such an automatic system is going to be added its almost guaranteed to be the version with shortcuts, since you cannot take onto account every shortcut on every map with checkpoints.

Though this is something Ive been thinking about very recently actually. Its a good way to keep competition high on a mode where skillmaps are kind of timeless. If such a thing was added to the weekly competition for much lower coin reward, say 5-10 coins per map where rank 1 of each map every week gets the rewards, we could have an ongoing competition that keeps only active players at the top because you'd have to keep playing in order to not fall off speed wise if you tried the same map with a 2 year gap. A good example of this is the fact that while I hold many of the records, I don't remember how I did most of the maps and my ultradashing is for sure not on the level that it was when the activity with the mode was still high.

The only problem i can see with such a reward system is that its easy to avoid confrontation by doing an unplayed map. Having someone that will confront your time with all 39 possible maps would not likely be common. Maybe we can do the weeklies on 4 randomly selected maps every week. Sounds like a lot of coding but could be worth it and fun for players ^^
    Yeah ive tryed to brainstorm just quick with things like no nade and checkpoints. that would make the player at least do the most parts of the maps. If you check Videos on Youtube made by Skillmappers they mostly Skip little parts but not really big parts. for example you could easily dash from the beginning of skillmapv3 to the end just by dashing with mouse wheel or macro etc. IF it really would be added there has to be alot of coding and thinking especially of how you are able to bypass those rules and how to make people actually beat the map the "intended" way.

adding an actual reward like coins or maybe a lucky box would be also awesome so maybe we could revive the long dead skillmapping community.

Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Maybe we can do the weeklies on 4 randomly selected maps every week. Sounds like a lot of coding but could be worth it and fun for players ^^
    ^ this actually is a pretty interesting point. something like Quest of the day just like Skillmap of the week or something, give it a lil reward and people actually have a reason to invest time in it...

adding something like that would make the whole suggestion even be more than an own fgunz thing instead of something most people would just call stolen from other servers ;G

sweg

Thanks
    +1

would be nice to have the recording uploaded as well somehow to prevent people who just macro dash to the end.

Thread Information