Thanks
    Suggestion type:
    Item Shop

Suggestion description:

Remove Warning

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong - but I don't think we should have a way for players to pay to remove warnings from their account. I’m curious what others think. It's currently limited to 4 per account, which is fine. I wonder if it changes the severity of future punishments though?

If we insist on keeping this in the item shop, I think 100c is way too cheap, and it should be increased to somewhere around 300-500c.
    Last edited by Armani; 02-20-2024 at 04:38 AM.

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    It's not like they pay to get unbanned and it worked fine all these years, I don't see a reason to change it and I don't believe people really use it much nowadays. It worked fine all these years, no reason to touch it imo.

Bio's Avatar Miscellaneous

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    Suggestion type:
    Item Shop

Suggestion description:

Remove Warning

Maybe I'm looking at this wrong - but I don't think we should have a way for players to pay to remove warnings from their account. I’m curious what others think. It's currently limited to 4 per account, which is fine. I wonder if it changes the severity of future punishments though?

If we insist on keeping this in the item shop, I think 100c is way too cheap, and it should be increased to somewhere around 300-500c.
    Firstly, regarding the suggestion to increase the price of the warning removal item, I appreciate your perspective on potentially adjusting the cost better to reflect its impact on the player's account status. However, it's essential to balance this with accessibility for players who may benefit from this option without creating an undue financial burden.

Regarding the broader question of whether to keep the warning removal option in the item shop, I agree that it's a nuanced issue. While it's true that the current system limits the number of warnings that can be removed per account, the concern about potentially diminishing the severity of future punishments is valid. Allowing players to remove warnings easily may undermine the effectiveness of the warning system as a deterrent for undesirable behaviour.

Furthermore, as you mentioned, it's worth considering the practical aspect of whether players are using this feature. If there's minimal demand for warning removal items at the current price point, it raises questions about the necessity and effectiveness of retaining this option in the item shop.

In conclusion, while there are valid points to consider on both sides, I would agree that the suggestion to remove the warning removal option from the item shop may not be the most pressing issue to prioritize at this time.
    Last edited by Bio; 02-20-2024 at 10:18 AM.

Amamin's Avatar Babyboi

Country
    Thanks
    I guess it kinda sounds like we're letting people buy their way out of trouble which sets a bad precedent, but honestly isn't a warning just a slap on the wrist? If a player does something extremely shitty then they get banned anyway and there's no going around that.

Seems akin to paying a fine for going over the speed limit. Maybe if I were to offer a change to it, it would be to increase the price after every purchase: like it's 100c for the first purchase, 200c for the second purchase, 300c for the third purchase, and 400c for the final purchase. Kind of like an additional penalty for being a repeat offender.

5. The following 3 users say thank you to Amamin for this useful post:

Bunny (02-21-2024), Menotso (02-20-2024), Ommadawn (02-20-2024)

Thread Information