notcib's Avatar New Member

Country
    Thanks
    I'd like to suggest beginner only lobbys. When someone joins the game they can only play in beginner lobbys until they reach a certain ELO. then, they are able to play in any lobby and or a mid tier ELO. High ELO players wouldn't be able to join these lobbys.

The reason being, if there was more of an emphasis on allowing beginners to play against beginners only, this game could have a massive player base!

Maybe there are other ways for this to be done, but the only issue right now is that a new player might quit after playing against the majority of players who know how to play K-Style.

- notCIB
    - N00Bz clan

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    This option already exists.
    Create a room -> Options button (above the map choice) -> Elo limit

Country
    Thanks
    Totally! And that's super useful, but most new players don't know this and I suppose the suggestion is to add dedicated rooms that stay on the front page and don't require a peer host. Maybe even color the room as a visual identifyer of skill levels Green>Yellow>Orange>Red

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by notcib View Post
    Totally! And that's super useful, but most new players don't know this and I suppose the suggestion is to add dedicated rooms that stay on the front page and don't require a peer host. Maybe even color the room as a visual identifyer of skill levels Green>Yellow>Orange>Red
    I actually like this idea, let the numbers changes colours the higher it goes.
    Reminds me how they did combat level displays in Runescape.

5. The following 3 users say thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

notcib (02-26-2024), RlCK (03-04-2024), waLu (02-26-2024)

Country
    Thanks
    Yeah, exactly! I would love to see this added and the playerbase grow!

Thanks
    While I like the idea I highly dislike the idea that players are restricted to certain rooms until they reach a certain elo.
    There are two reasons for this, the first one is that there could not be enough players within the given elo range, leading to ppl beeing unable to play.
    The second one is rather simple, ppl that rarely play have no elo, ppl that haven't played in a long time have no elo.

Country
    Thanks
    To your first point whcih is super valid, I would say instead of them being locked into noob lobbys, the lobbys themselves are elo locked so a new player could in theory play in higher elo lobbys but the color indicator would suggest they are too low to really compete. To your second point, That wouldn't be much of a concern because those returning players won't be in that elo for long, much like any competative game. that actually would allow new players to still see those awesome K-Style moves but not be over run by uneven matchmaking. Then again, from my first suggestion in this reply, that would essentially provide options for low player count as well as a beginners only place to start.

Thread Information