Country
    Thanks
    I made a thread last year that didn't gain any traction so here goes one more time:

Lately I've seen a few capture the flag rooms pop up which end up with great success and players leaving happy . So I think there should be some changes/tweaks to the mode to potentially increase the popularity of the ode and possibly a decrease in the popular 500 round garden rooms.

Weapon Spawn Bug

Currently if you play CTF with weapon spawn, this causes the flags to not spawn, rendering the mode impossible to play.

Randomizer/Team Balance

I notice a lot of times players leave which causes imbalance in teams. Such as 10v5 and so on. Maybe add a way to auto balance the teams throughout the game. So the moment there comes an imbalance, the next person to die is balanced onto the other team.

Special Item Disable Exclusive

I see a few people mentioning not using X item (mines, flash etc). So maybe add an extra disable option in the menu (CTF exclusive button) that allows a host to ban specific items. Instead of grouping them all into one bannable button. Be able to ban individual items, or a select few items that the majority of players have issues with (mines, flash, speed vials)

Flag Drop Change

I think I suggested this last time, but possibly make it so that when the flag holder dies, the flag is dropped where that player last stood, instead of being returned to base automatically. This way it can somewhat incentivize teamwork to work around the flag? Also make it so that when your flag is dropped, if a teammate touches the flag, it is then respawned at the base. I believe this is how most capture the flag modes in other games function right? Flag drops where player dies, team has to touch the flag to have it returned. (I know that this suggestion is possibly pointless, giving the nature of GunZ and how people tend to crowd. so the majority of the time the flag will be auto returned to the base...but in those occasions where its just one player chasing the flag carrier then it could potentially be of use to add this in)

Flag Hogging/Camping

Some players like to grab the flag and then sit inside their base, inches away from the return point. This prevents the other team from being able to cap the flag until the first holder caps/dies. This is seen as babysitting and prolonging the game for negative intentions. Maybe add a self detonation timer to the flag holder with a significant amount of time on it. Or hope that everyone will agree to kick the player out of the room. Maybe some others can chime in with some ideas?

Flag Holder boost/Reductions

Give the flag holder some kind of boost/negative effect. Some things that come to mind are increased damage, increased/decreased movement speed, increased AP/HP points for X amount of seconds (to help them get out of the base easier)

Flag Cap/Defend Stats

Add an extra space on the scoreboard indicating how many captures and defends players have for the flags. How many times a player has killed a flag capturer and how many times they have capped flags for their team. Seeing as how this is a team based game, it would be nice to know who has helped out the most to get the win.
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

2. The following user said thank you to Desecration for this useful post:

Amamin (03-09-2024)

Thanks
    These are great! I agree with pretty much all of them.

But I think with the change that the flag drops where the person died, rather than respawns at base, we should hold off on making changes to the flag holder for now. I’m not sure about boosting the flag holder’s stats or punishing them for camping, since teams are more likely to rush each other with the flag dropping change.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    These are great! I agree with pretty much all of them.

But I think with the change that the flag drops where the person died, rather than respawns at base, we should hold off on making changes to the flag holder for now. I’m not sure about boosting the flag holder’s stats or punishing them for camping, since teams are more likely to rush each other with the flag dropping change.
    Agreed honestly. I just really like the idea of the flag dropping where it's at lol. But also knowing GunZ that could either make the mode better or completely ruin it.

And yes, the flag hoarding hasn't been too much of an issue to put it as priority. But I have noticed it here and there. But it's not game breaking of any sorts.

Glad you agree! I'd just like to see more of this mode being hosted. It's such a fun and different experience than your typical tdm. ANd everyone who joins them always seems to have a great time playing!

Thanks
    I remember your suggestion from like a year ago. It’s been long overdue.

I think the flag dropping will make the game mode more appealing. I think most players, such as myself, just find the mode frustrating and pointless because of how difficult it can be to score points/capture the flag. Feels like the game will never end, so some people, like myself, just go for kills instead lol

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Armani View Post
    I remember your suggestion from like a year ago. It’s been long overdue.

I think the flag dropping will make the game mode more appealing. I think most players, such as myself, just find the mode frustrating and pointless because of how difficult it can be to score points/capture the flag. Feels like the game will never end, so some people, like myself, just go for kills instead lol
    I agree that it would make it more appealing. I think the thing with the mode is to treat it as a map rotation map. So instead of 10 flags (like a lot of hosts like to set it at) set it low to 3-6 flags. Also put a time limit cap (I like 30 minutes). So if you cant cap enough flags then time will eventually run out.

It does become frustrating when you get base camped. But I think that's what actually makes the game mode somewhat fun. The thrill of pushing the enemy back! Reminds me a lot of domination from Modern Warfare 2 lmao

Thread Information