Tolerance's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    My Problem : When I finish installation and click the gunz launcher shortcut on my desktop it says i have to browse my computer for the original file.

Well i looked at this thread and i saw this :

Originally Posted by Important View Post
    8a - 'Gunz launcher was not found'
    8a - Reinstall with your antivirus disabled.
    I already had my security disabled, but it still didn't manage to work. Any help please?

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    You can download the launcher manually here: http://fgunz.net/gunzweb/gunzupdate/GunzLauncher.exe

Hyön's Avatar ^7Rizu^9
    First, disable your anti-virus or allow the launcher access, then download the launcher manually ( http://fgunz.net/gunzweb/gunzupdate/GunzLauncher.exe ), it's all to do with your anti-virus deleting the launcher because it's a false positive.

~^7Rizu^9~
    ~Herb is the healing of mankind, alcohol is the destruction.~

クリック!

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    but then the anti-virus will delete the launcher automatically, thats what happens to me, everytime i want to play, i have to go to Quarantine to restore my launcher, but i have to disable the antivirus first, otherwise, the antivirus will just delete again as soon as u restore it.

Thanks
    Ok so i've downloaded the launcher, but when i move into my Freestyle folder, and click the shortcut launcher on he desktop it shows this :

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    that comes up when the antivirus has not fully deleted the launcher, so what u have to do is go to ur antivirus, and disable it, then click on Quarantine, and click restore to where u have ur Freestyle Gunz folder, and then run it again.

Thanks
    But the thing is my antivirus isn't even open when i download and install ;/.

Hyön's Avatar ^7Rizu^9
    Originally Posted by Turd View Post
    that comes up when the antivirus has not fully deleted the launcher, so what u have to do is go to ur antivirus, and disable it, then click on Quarantine, and click restore to where u have ur Freestyle Gunz folder, and then run it again.
    This is what I thought was happening if it displays that error.
    Try these, see if it works:

-) Go to start, type 'run' and click on first one (it should look like below) and type "%TEMP%" without quotes and press ok. Now delete everything from your TEMP folder and skip the ones it doesn't allow you to delete.

-) Try a compatibility test, try running as Administrator.

Also, what's the file size of your launcher? If it's not 828kb's then you either didn't download it correctly or something (like anti virus) is partially deleting it). What anti virus do you have?

Thread Information