Shesshoumaru

Thanks
    Making sure when I start to make maps they WILL be better than best. Want to get everything correct and perfect now. Im very close to getting the perfect water transparency, this is very close, hard to see but ingame its there definitly looks good. Anyone making maps just do this.

In the common.SHADER:
    Look for the texture you made for water

// Pastel Material
    textures/common/transwater2
    {
    Add this in here :qer_trans 0.3
    surfaceparm nonsolid
    qer_editorimage "textures/common/water.tga"
    }
    Remember that it sets the things to transparent so I tried to add it into the water and then use the useopacity script in the xml and the water came out great. The lower you make the number the more transparent.

"By providing a smile and a splash of color to the cold colors of yesterday, we can keep others looking forward to tomorrow".

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    You say water?
    I say air.

3. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Galaxy (09-30-2010)

[HxC]Mutal's Avatar Sophisticated

Thanks
    It would be good if you could make a small video, so we can see the water in action.
    I sure like every thread where we try to improve the graphics of GunZ.
    ----- [HxC]Mutal -----

Number of people that took the bait:
    Spoiler!

Shesshoumaru

Thanks
    o sure =]

Also,
    Finally got the transparent walk through walls ppl were asking for =]

"By providing a smile and a splash of color to the cold colors of yesterday, we can keep others looking forward to tomorrow".

Shesshoumaru

Thanks
    WELL THATS WHY I MENTIONED IM GETTING CLOSE TO PERFECT LOL Im atleast 0.1 or o.2 off fromthe tranparency being a perfect look alike for water

I really would like to improve this gunz by alot towhat it used to be. We used to have so much stuff but moreso ppl. Sure we're #3 on the gunztop200 but it doesnt show in how many ppl play. I loved this server alot back when I first started so I just want to see it go beyond what it is now =] I want to beat
    E.U Gz!!!(zomg love how smooth the controls are on there,reminds me of I lol) they still have some cutoms that for some reason all p servers got rid of(ALL OF THEM) but Im not sure why Ex:staffs,DualDaggers,WarHammers(hate em), custom clothing "THAT LOOKED NICE", some ugly ass clothes on this gunz rite now , and maps of course, colorful websites to attract ppl. FGunz.Net and this forum dont match up at all
    Last edited by Collosus; 09-30-2010 at 01:34 AM.

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    It's cool and all.. that you found out how transparant textures work and water etc but I dont think anyone of us here cares.

I don't get what you are trying to say with this thread -_-. If you want to apply for dev post a application. but for proof you have to show us something better then you show here

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Collosus View Post
    o sure =]

Also,
    Finally got the transparent walk through walls ppl were asking for =]

Like who?
    And I created a tutorial for walk-through on gzmap so it's nothing special lol.

Banned

Thanks
    Pink walk through walls, jajajaja!

Thread Information