Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Brutus's Avatar ^GHumble^E

Thanks
    Originally Posted by NitroAnon View Post
    Stories that are virtually a guide to leading a good life.

I have no issues with any religion and I don't see why people have to go around hating on them. If its true, gratz to them. If its false then gratz to the non-believers. All in all Religion is necessary regardless if you believe in them or not.
    wait wut. why is religion necessary?

Know your limits. If you wish to speak above others and to be held in high regard forever among legends, you must pause the game and have an infinite power source. You are only as grand as the memory you leave them with. Practice does not make perfect. Practicing perfection does. Once the mountain has been climbed, there are few steps towards the cliff. Remember to enjoy the view because once you've reached the top, there's nowhere to go but down.

NitroAbob's Avatar The Wolf Man

Thanks
    Originally Posted by TwisT View Post
    wait wut. why is religion necessary?
    Do some research...

People fear gods and doing anything that would upset them/him scares the shit outta people. The idea of going to hell is better then any laws you can have. Virtually religion keeps people from going around doing what they want. If the idea of any sort of afterlife was not introduced imagine what kinda of life people would live. I can almost guarantee that with out any religions the would would be alot more chaotic and filled with alot more death. Alot of churches go around helping 3rd world places and the homeless yet people wanna talk shit about em'.

People's idea about religion are based on what a few people have shown them. Not all religion is bad and tries to shove it down your throat. I know alot of churches around here go to mission trips to feed the homeless and provide medical care to South America and Africa.

Religions have been around a lil after the beginning of man. Gods and Goddesses, real or fake, struck fear into the people that believed in them. Higher laws then any man could create and all for the purpose of living a good life. However religions have changed due to technology but the principals stay the same. Live a good life and go to a better afterlife and lead a bad life and go to a worse after life. Knowing this fact, again regardless of what you believe, religion does hold people from committing certain acts as a whole.

Religion, in my opinion, is necessary for the human race to survive. May the religion be aggressive about spreading or passive, the ultimate achievement is holding us together as a whole. You guys, from what I have read, are basing your views on extremists. Extremists can go to hell in my opinion, and that goes for anything. Anyone who trys to force anyone onto any idea or thing sets a bad example for everyone they are in cahoots with. I view religion, as a whole, a good thing
    Last edited by NitroAbob; 10-27-2010 at 02:56 AM.
    Her eyes,
    They burned like wild fire,
    She had came.
    Came to take her desires,
    By force,
    Or...,
    At least she's a damn good liar.
    Check out my poetry here!
    http://poetryofmaxim.wordpress.com/

Thanks
    Do some research...

People fear gods and doing anything that would upset them/him scares the shit outta people. The idea of going to hell is better then any laws you can have. Virtually religion keeps people from going around doing what they want. If the idea of any sort of afterlife was not introduced imagine what kinda of life people would live. I can almost guarantee that with out any religions the would would be alot more chaotic and filled with alot more death. Alot of churches go around helping 3rd world places and the homeless yet people wanna talk shit about em'.
    but a deterrent isn't necessary D: why not just use an incentive like the majority searching for higher intelligence and resorting to logic? also no faith is necessary.. in fact, it's futile yay people don't get to do what they want. not all people want to kill,rape,etc. and just because u do something good doesn't mean it cancels out the bad. =/ a recent questionnaire was taken by some magazine which name escapes me... saying that christians get an F in their own religion. it wasn't only christians though, it was all religions. as in... people who weren't religiously orientated actually knew more about the their own religion than religious people themselves. so this would imply that the more people find out about religion, the more likely they are to convert to agnosticism or atheism. the only reason im against religion is because it causes more people to be ignorant of facts that they CHOOSE, CHOOSE, CHOOSE, CHOOSE, not to believe.

religion is a plague to all it's countless victims in my eyes, i'm sorry if this offended anyone but it's just the way i think.

Know your limits. If you wish to speak above others and to be held in high regard forever among legends, you must pause the game and have an infinite power source. You are only as grand as the memory you leave them with. Practice does not make perfect. Practicing perfection does. Once the mountain has been climbed, there are few steps towards the cliff. Remember to enjoy the view because once you've reached the top, there's nowhere to go but down.

Nas's Avatar Nasty Nas

Thanks
    Nice picture.
    Nice try.
    Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    Last edited by Nas; 10-27-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Thanks
    but a deterrent isn't necessary D: why not just use an incentive like the majority searching for higher intelligence and resorting to logic? also no faith is necessary.. in fact, it's futile yay people don't get to do what they want. not all people want to kill,rape,etc. and just because u do something good doesn't mean it cancels out the bad. =/ a recent questionnaire was taken by some magazine which name escapes me... saying that christians get an F in their own religion. it wasn't only christians though, it was all religions. as in... people who weren't religiously orientated actually knew more about the their own religion than religious people themselves. so this would imply that the more people find out about religion, the more likely they are to convert to agnosticism or atheism. the only reason im against religion is because it causes more people to be ignorant of facts that they CHOOSE, CHOOSE, CHOOSE, CHOOSE, not to believe.

religion is a plague to all it's countless victims in my eyes, i'm sorry if this offended anyone but it's just the way i think.
    Twist, not every one shares the same logical thoughts. Im assuming you live in the E.U.,
    correct?

Oh, on another note.

Most of the worlds smartest people have had religious view. Einstein, Edison, Franklin... etc. You can still be very intelligent and have views on a higher power. I do believe you argument on intellectuality is invalid, along with logic.
    Last edited by NitroAbob; 10-27-2010 at 03:03 AM.
    Her eyes,
    She had came.
    By force,
    Or...,

Thanks
    Twist, not every one shares the same logical thoughts. Im assuming you live in the E.U., correct?
    Tennessee, USA. how come?

Thanks
    Tennessee, USA. how come?
    Nvm, read my update.

Read this.
    http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/..._religion.html
    Last edited by NitroAbob; 10-27-2010 at 03:28 AM.
    Her eyes,
    She had came.
    By force,
    Or...,

~Firebrand~'s Avatar Brand of Justice-Yo daddy

Thanks
    Russell Howard made that statement if I remember right, don't know, but yeah, religion is only good if your not a retard. Thats the best thing I can say, because if you don't understand the religion your actually believing in there's really no point to it, and your bound to either say something or do something stupid, theres a perfect video for this that someone called sxephil covered yesterday, which was that a protest was being held for a unborn baby in the mothers womb which had a rare case of a disease, which is 1 in a million chance of happening and the baby has a 0% survival rate, the couple went to the abortion clinic and people we're actually saying that she was blaspheming against god as they we're going to abort an unborn child that was bound to die and make them suffer for 5 more months, thats the sort of retarded thing you shouldn't do with your religion.

Sum of this thread, if your going to believe in a religion, understand that religion and then keep it to yourself in not shared with another believer, because anyone else doesn't believe your religion for their reasons.
    Last edited by NitroAbob; 10-27-2010 at 03:32 AM.

Thanks
    Nvm, read my update.
    k let me reply to ur updates :>

People's idea about religion are based on what a few people have shown them. Not all religion is bad and tries to shove it down your throat. I know alot of churches around here go to mission trips to feed the homeless and provide medical care to South America and Africa.
    but nitro, just because a few people do something out of fear, does not mean that is the solution. if they do it out of love, then im glad. u don't need the acceptance of god to be nice though=/ but all in all, there will always be generally good and bad people, even if stats show there are more than the other, each person has the capacity to change, and we always do
    Religions have been around a lil after the beginning of man. Gods and Goddesses, real or fake, struck fear into the people that believed in them. Higher laws then any man could create and all for the purpose of living a good life. However religions have changed due to technology but the principals stay the same. Live a good life and go to a better afterlife and lead a bad life and go to a worse after life. Knowing this fact, again regardless of what you believe, religion does hold people from committing certain acts as a whole.
    invalid arguement. not all people are scared of god, most in fact, describe their god as loving or close to their heart. but they start to mix up love, fear, and respect. respect or acceptance through fear obviously isn't the right one. therefore they attempt to mask that feeling by doing something good otherwise. but im not religious and i've helped many people.. i think a lot of people that know me would agree that im a pretty nice person. so why is religion necessary to live a good life? principles can be taught without fairy tales=/
    Religion, in my opinion, is necessary for the human race to survive. May the religion be aggressive about spreading or passive, the ultimate achievement is holding us together as a whole. You guys, from what I have read, are basing your views on extremists. Extremists can go to hell in my opinion, and that goes for anything. Anyone who trys to force anyone onto any idea or thing sets a bad example for everyone they are in cahoots with. I view religion, as a whole, a good thing
    it only takes one extremist to ruin it for all of us. : see "Hitler" : we need water, air, sexual reproduction, and food to survive as a human race, let's not make it anything more than that please >< if people CHOOSE to stay together as a race, instead of through religion, then maybe we would be even stronger. if we stay the way we are now, people will never come together. imo, also darwins hehe, is that religion is geographical. so if i were born in america i'd be christian, and i was, and if i was born in iraq, i'd be muslim. asia, buddhist, etc. because we all have different religions a MAJORITY of the population of each continent does in fact come together under a meshed culture. but what about wars? how do we come together as a world? under 1 religion? that's highly unlikely..

Oh, on another note.

Most of the worlds smartest people have had religious view. Einstein, Edison, Franklin... etc. You can still be very intelligent and have views on a higher power. I do believe you argument on intellectuality is invalid, along with logic.
    there are also many smart people that aren't religious... invalid argument. im not saying no religion=OMG SO SMART NOW. although, it eventually will lead to a urning for more knowledge of how we came to be or at least a more logical outcome. instead of having faith or hope into something that doesn't exist. ei spaghetti monster argument

once again im sorry if this has offended anyone, these are just my beliefs.

PLAY LoL

Thanks
    TL;DR, LOLOL at James trying to sound all smart ATHEISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information