Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brutus's Avatar ^GHumble^E

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Weredeer View Post
    TL;DR, LOLOL at James trying to sound all smart ATHEISM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    its funny cuz... im not using big words. INB4 IM 14 HUSH. KEKEKE. also, no capitalz, spell chekz. OWNTED.

Know your limits. If you wish to speak above others and to be held in high regard forever among legends, you must pause the game and have an infinite power source. You are only as grand as the memory you leave them with. Practice does not make perfect. Practicing perfection does. Once the mountain has been climbed, there are few steps towards the cliff. Remember to enjoy the view because once you've reached the top, there's nowhere to go but down.

NitroAbob's Avatar The Wolf Man

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ~Firebrand~ View Post
    Russell Howard made that statement if I remember right, don't know, but yeah, religion is only good if your not a retard. Thats the best thing I can say, because if you don't understand the religion your actually believing in there's really no point to it, and your bound to either say something or do something stupid, theres a perfect video for this that someone called sxephil covered yesterday, which was that a protest was being held for a unborn baby in the mothers womb which had a rare case of a disease, which is 1 in a million chance of happening and the baby has a 0% survival rate, the couple went to the abortion clinic and people we're actually saying that she was blaspheming against god as they we're going to abort an unborn child that was bound to die and make them suffer for 5 more months, thats the sort of retarded thing you shouldn't do with your religion.

Sum of this thread, if your going to believe in a religion, understand that religion and then keep it to yourself in not shared with another believer, because anyone else doesn't believe your religion for their reasons.

“Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.” - Albert Einstein.

Yea, that pretty much goes with what I said. Some people take it to far, a.k.a. extremist, and give a bad rep for the rest. The greatly shadow the good deeds certain religions carry out.

Buddhism FTW!

Anyway here are my final thoughts:

Is religion true or false? No one can prove or provide a significant proof or argument to make one side true and one side false. People can provide intelligent arguments on either side but there have been some stories in the bible that have been proven. Not the story word for word but the even that was depicted in the bible. This also depends on which religion your talking about. Saying one religion is wrong is virtually saying every other one is wrong also, seeing as how they all virtually stand for the same principals.

Is religion "good" or "bad"? It depends on who you ask and what has happened to them in the past with certain religions. I personally view it "good" over all. Yes, there are some extremists who ruin the rep for everyone in that religion but extremists are usually unintelligent anyway.

This is mainly for modern day religions. I also don't hold Buddhism as a religion frankly becasue they don't really worship a God. Buddhism is the best "religion" in my opinion and frankly I wish I could truly follow that path.

@Twist
    Pretty much what your saying is that Religion is a disability. Believing in something is ultimately going to make you less intelligent. Based on your arguments I can tell you don't know much about religions or the people who follow them. I can also tell that your not very open minded at all. This is not a "diss" or a "hate" but observations. I'm personally agnostic and haven't committed to a religion however I don't disbelieve in anything. However, most of the intelligent people, compassionate people, caring, less self centered people around where I live are Christians. My girlfriend is Christan and shes the sweetest woman alive. I would go as far as to say she has me beat in intelligence and she don't shove any of her views down my throat.

I guess it depends on where you live and who you talk with that shapes your independent view on something. I personally am so open minded I can entertain any idea or argument with out instantly dismissing it.
    Last edited by NitroAbob; 10-27-2010 at 03:49 AM.
    Her eyes,
    They burned like wild fire,
    She had came.
    Came to take her desires,
    By force,
    Or...,
    At least she's a damn good liar.
    Check out my poetry here!
    http://poetryofmaxim.wordpress.com/

~Firebrand~'s Avatar Brand of Justice-Yo daddy

Thanks
    THere is only one thing I do hate about religion, and that the general idea that it should make you feel good, I know people need what they need to feel safe or at least good about there selves, but I'm an atheist and still feel that way, I can understand if you've taken that lifestyle, I just don't agree with it.

Thanks
    THere is only one thing I do hate about religion, and that the general idea that it should make you feel good, I know people need what they need to feel safe or at least good about there selves, but I'm an atheist and still feel that way, I can understand if you've taken that lifestyle, I just don't agree with it.
    Ehh' I see to much good in most religions to where I can't comfortably say they are bad.
    Her eyes,
    She had came.
    By force,
    Or...,

~Firebrand~'s Avatar Brand of Justice-Yo daddy

Thanks
    Originally Posted by NitroAnon View Post
    Ehh' I see to much good in most religions to where I can't comfortably say they are bad.
    Each to his own.

Thanks
    Each to his own.
    Then again its easier to see then negative then the positive. I guess im an exception.
    Her eyes,
    She had came.
    By force,
    Or...,

Thanks
    Einstein was on LSD, Dimethyl-triptimene (DMT), and was believed to be addicted to cocaine. i don't trust that foo as far as the hair on the side of his grows out diagonally.

@Twist
    Pretty much what your saying is that Religion is a disability. Believing in something is ultimately going to make you less intelligent. Based on your arguments I can tell you don't know much about religions or the people who follow them. I can also tell that your not very open minded at all. This is not a "diss" or a "hate" but observations. I'm personally agnostic and haven't committed to a religion however I don't disbelieve in anything. However, most of the intelligent people, compassionate people, caring, less self centered people around where I live are Christians. My girlfriend is Christan and shes the sweetest woman alive. I would go as far as to say she has me beat in intelligence and she don't shove any of her views down my throat.

I guess it depends on where you live and who you talk with that shapes your independent view on something. I personally am so open minded I can entertain any idea or argument with out instantly dismissing it.
    MATCH THE COLORS :>
    everyone sees themselves as open minded because it's good to be open minded and people love to think highly of themselves. also the text you wrote in red above is very hypocritical.

if you don't disbelieve in anything how can you believe in anything? that is a huge oxymoron and possibly a double negative O_o. if you mean you're indecisive or neutral then say so, silly.

another hypocritical remark... the fact that you argued against me shows that, actually. you can't "entertain" an argument without dismissing it as false other wise you're just providing straw-man arguments... idk where ur head is sometimes bro

final words as well?:o
    know what nitro? i agree with you. i would choose to be agnostic because there's no actual way of knowing. we can have proof, we can have intelligent arguments, we can kill leach other over religious land. but in the end no one knows. if this plague wasn't here i'd be agnostic myself. until it's gone, i remain an atheist soldier.

Know your limits. If you wish to speak above others and to be held in high regard forever among legends, you must pause the game and have an infinite power source. You are only as grand as the memory you leave them with. Practice does not make perfect. Practicing perfection does. Once the mountain has been climbed, there are few steps towards the cliff. Remember to enjoy the view because once you've reached the top, there's nowhere to go but down.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by TwisT View Post
    Einstein was on LSD, Dimethyl-triptimene (DMT), and was believed to be addicted to cocaine. i don't trust that foo as far as the hair on the side of his grows out diagonally.

MATCH THE COLORS :>
    everyone sees themselves as open minded because it's good to be open minded and people love to think highly of themselves. also the text you wrote in red above is very hypocritical. You can't disprove the remarks I claimed on my self because I can prove you wrong all day.

if you don't disbelieve in anything how can you believe in anything? that is a huge oxymoron and possibly a double negative O_o. if you mean you're indecisive or neutral then say so, silly.

another hypocritical remark... the fact that you argued against me shows that, actually. you can't "entertain" an argument without dismissing it as false other wise you're just providing straw-man arguments... idk where ur head is sometimes bro

final words as well?:o
    know what nitro? i agree with you. i would choose to be agnostic because there's no actual way of knowing. we can have proof, we can have intelligent arguments, we can kill leach other over religious land. but in the end no one knows. if this plague wasn't here i'd be agnostic myself. until it's gone, i remain an atheist soldier.

Not going to read it. I don't know much about religion to give a signifficant argument, nor do you. We might as well stop it here. Anyway, its asinine to say Religion will be the downfall of man. The answer to that my friend is greed.
    Her eyes,
    She had came.
    By force,
    Or...,

Nas's Avatar Nasty Nas

Thanks
    TwisT is that really true? How come they don't mention that about him.

P.S I didn't read anything other than the first sentence, so don't mind me.

Thanks
    Not going to read it. I don't know much about religion to give a signifficant argument, nor do you. We might as well stop it here. Anyway, its asinine to say Religion will be the downfall of man. The answer to that my friend is greed.
    the funny thing is.. i kind of predicted you wouldn't....>_> owell
    edit: also don't assume just because u don't know something, someone else doesn't. it isn't kind man D:, it isn't kind. :<

Originally Posted by Nas View Post
    TwisT is that really true? How come they don't mention that about him.

P.S I didn't read anything other than the first sentence, so don't mind me.
    yeah its true, google that shiz

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information