Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    *To anyone who knew -Do- clan prior to FGunZ, I was in it, so I'm not just ripping it off*

-Do-

D-Style - The art of speed and exploitation.
    K-Style - The balance of skill and strength.

" Our clan believes that no style is better than the other and that anyone can win a fight if they play it correctly according to what they are using, what the enemy is using, and how the enemy fights with what they have...
    ...We believe in everyone having a use for something but not everything (even if they are not yet high, or even if they aren't the best, in terms of skill). Being good at K-style and not D-Style is okay." -Cysote

The name "Do" in Korean means "The Way". It is pronounced the same way as you would pronounce it when you say TaeKwonDo, namely "Dough" or "Doe". In this clan, Do is a reference to the ancient Korean weapons masters. They were called the HwarangDo. The followers of the group were taught how to use a sword, a dagger, a bow, a spear, dual swords, how to ride horses, war tactics and strategies, and even academic things. Most students were taken in when they were young teenagers and took years to train. My vision for this clan is to become like those weapons masters by learning all styles (D,K,E), skills, tactics, and maps, and put it all together with outstanding and unmatched teamwork.

Our clan believes that no style is better than the other and that anyone can win a fight if they play it correctly according to what they are using, what the enemy is using, and how the enemy fights with what they have. We also do not believe in blatant Type Killing or injuring. TKing doesn't break any rules, the game allows you to do it, and it isn't a hack; but the esscence of how you win by TKing is looked down upon. Because the enemy can't fight back, it is not a fair fight and doesn't prove anything in terms of skill, because all that you have shown you can do is point on an immobile person and click. There is also no such thing as a "healer noob". Getting power-ups is part of the game, is fair, and anyone can fight back while doing it. "Running" is also allowed, there is no rule against it, nor is it a hack, and it works well as a strategy. Stacking is looked down upon because of the over-powering issue.

We believe in everyone having a use for something but not everything (even if they are not yet high, or even if they are the best, in terms of skill). Being good at K-style and not dStyle is okay. You will be asked to use K-style instead of dStyle. If you are better as a Fighter, we will not make you a commander.

In this clan we have a system of Ranks and Authorities. Here they are listed in order from first to last and the level required to become each one.

Do Seeker (not a clan member) 1+
    Do 15+
    HwarangDo 25+
    SulsaDo 35+
    JungDo 50+
    (Others past JungDo)

There is also a special path to take in the ranks. They are called the Ssaruabi (Pronounced "Sa-rah-bee"). These people are the ones who will lead the team in Clan Wars, take footage of the battles to post on our site, and teach others in the clan our many tactics and battle strategies. You must perform outstandingly (not just in terms of skill) in order to be selected to become a Ssaruabi. Not everyone is fit to be one, nor do the strongest in the clan have to become one. This is a lot of responsibility, and you may also decline the offer to become one if you so desire. Here are their ranks.

Ssaruabi Trainee 30+ (Above Hwarang in rank)
    Ssaruabi Strategent 40+ (Above Sulsa)
    SsaruabiDo 55+ (Above Jung)

Each rank has it's own tests and requirements to attain it. The higher up in the ranks you are, the more influence in clan matters you have, the higher chance to be picked for Clan Wars, and your level of trust and dependability. The ranks are also to show how much skill you have. Passing a trial means meeting certain criteria for knowing and using D-style, K-style, and E-style. The Do trial is to see if you have potential for becoming strong and to see if you will be beneficial to the clan. The HwarangDo Trial is a test of weapon knowledge and use. The SulsaDo Trial is to see if you can control the way your battles play out and to test your mastery over K and D-style. The JungDo Trial is to see if you can win a battle while being severely underpowered to the point of being forced to E-style and more.

As a regular member you are responsible for coming to the mandatory training sessions (some arn't mandatory), contribute to clan efforts, and compete in Clan Wars. As an Admin of the clan it is your reponsibility to set up training sessions, test others on the first trial of Do, and report information about clan members to me. As an Elder of the clan it is your responsibility to test those in the clan on their second and third trials of HwarangDo and SulsaDo and to help administer these fourms. These are only responsibilities and not requirements.

If you are found to be disruptive, destructful, idle, or apathetic of the clan and/or it's activities, then you will be first warned and then expelled from the clan. No exceptions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As it appears, this clan is no "push-over" nor is it an easy task to join and maintain. Getting the right type of people who want to try hard to pass tests, learn everything there is to teach, listen to instructions, and help benefit the clan as a whole are hard to come by.

Are you one of those people?

Last edited by Dagger; 01-03-2011 at 03:14 PM.

}{it's Avatar The Go To Guy!

Thanks
    Im signing up.

JShaya's Avatar Freestyler's Senior

Thanks
    wow You are really Dedicated to this.

Your writing Actually means something to me

Umm i did And its Interesting so shush.

Ill tryout on my other account lvl 90 K-style.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Combine View Post
    wow You are really Dedicated to this.

Your writing Actually means something to me

Umm i did And its Interesting so shush.

Ill tryout on my other account lvl 90 K-style.
    Lol. Uhm.. We'll get you learning ALL of Everything.

P.S -Do- was the longest living GunZ clan. I'm the last member playing GunZ.

Donator

Thanks
    nice and idk that i join ;p

Banned

Thanks
    good luck buddeh

Bear's Avatar The way of spam shooting

Thanks
    hrmm,do you believe in musashi miyamito and the art of war by sun tzu?ur clan seem like something to do with them
    (¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸Esperanto¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

"A Warrior is not measured by its kills, but by its
    heart
    ."

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    hrmm,do you believe in musashi miyamito and the art of war by sun tzu?ur clan seem like something to do with them
    Sun Tzu is from the Dynasty's in 200 A.D, Chinese. -Do- is Korean.

Bear's Avatar The way of spam shooting

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dagger View Post
    Sun Tzu is from the Dynasty's in 200 A.D, Chinese. -Do- is Korean.
    i mean the philosophy stuff and their teachings
    (¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸(¯`*•.¸Esperanto¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)¸.•*´¯)

"A Warrior is not measured by its kills, but by its
    heart
    ."

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    i mean the philosophy stuff and their teachings
    Oh. Usually based around the same thing yes. Morale really.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information