Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Well, I figured a debate regarding leading would be quite a interesting one to watch.
    I'm sure all of you have played a AntiLead server, and I'm sure all of you had the 'wtfbs' moments.

My opinion regarding Lead/AntiLead is I prefer lead servers. Why?
    1. In AntiLead servers, there is a higher chance of Shotbots and Aimbots. With no lead systems, It just begs to be abused by cheaters that do use Shotbots or Aimbots. (In case you didn't know the difference, Shotbot is where once your xhair turns 'red' (or is aimed at a person) it will automatically shoot without you having to click. Aimbot is where the xhair will always follow (or sometimes uses a hotkey) a player).

1a. Another thing regarding Shotbots and Aimbots is you never know when a person is Shotboting! It is sometimes quite difficult to tell when someone is using a Shotbot. Because of this, Player reports will start to come in 10x more. I can see the Player Report section becoming mostly reports of people using Shotbots/Aimbots. People could easily say, "oh mai aim just fuxpro qqless". There is even the chance of people that don't even cheat getting banned! Not to mention this would put quite a load onto the staff.

2. AntiLead isn't always AntiLead. I'm sure some of you noticed this sometimes. The thing with most AntiLead systems, is it makes up for connection lag. But, When there is also computer or CPU lag (maybe even lag due to a fuxcrap GFX card) the AntiLead system would be useless.

3. Balancing isn't the same with AntiLead servers and Lead servers. If a server becomes AntiLead, Weap's like SG's need to be nulled a bit compared to Lead servers. I noticed MOST servers have got the point of a decent balance. But, Look at how long it took for some servers to come up with a decent balance formula for lead servers? Imagine how long it can take for people to figure out a decent balance for AntiLead servers. I mean, Imagine if FGunz because AntiLead.. With the current damage on donor SG's, Two PB's (which isn't hard to do in AntiLead servers) your dead. Maybe ~4 shots of mid-range spam your dead.

4. Some people like to think of leading as a skill; It gives more depth to the Gunz experience. I'm sure most people would agree that leading isn't always easy. I would say it can be a bit harder then AntiLead sometimes. Think of it like this: With AntiLead, You don't have to guess or aim ahead of the person you are fighting. You don't have to take the other players ping into consideration and can just shoot at the person without a second thought. With lead on the other hand you have to take the users ping into consideration and at the same time, shoot ahead of that person. I know some people may not agree with me on this point but hey, that's what a debate is all about. ;P

5. You also may want to ask yourself why you haven't seen this 'AntiLead' system in many other Online FPS games.

Anyway, Because of these points I'm against AntiLead servers. You people also may want to note, Haven't you noticed the increase of players in-game recently? I think it is related to a lot of the servers going AntiLead. There is quite a few people out there that prefer to lead then watch Gunz turn into another horribad FPS/TPS with even more horribad graphics.
    HatersGonnaHate <3~

-----------

Historia's Avatar FGunz Legend

Country
    Thanks
    i dont have any problems with anti lead, cause most of those players are bad when they shotbot or do anything els to get better

Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Famous View Post
    i dont have any problems with anti lead, cause most of those players are bad when they shotbot or do anything els to get better
    Yeah, But they still kill you.
    HatersGonnaHate <3~

-----------

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Katsuro View Post
    Yeah, But they still kill you.
    if u know how to play they wont kill you that easily

Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Famous View Post
    if u know how to play they wont kill you that easily
    There is people out there that know how to play and still shotbot. Just like how people know how to play and still uc.
    Doesn't matter, The fact is they have a unfair advantage.
    HatersGonnaHate <3~

-----------

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    1 + 1a) It will be worth it.
    2) Depends how it's coded.
    3) Re-balancing is always possible.
    4) Leading and aiming both requires skill. Try doing a revolver fight with a mate on your own network, you will have 0 - 2 ping and you will see it requires skill.
    5) This is because the engine of other games are better coded. I can't think of any other games where you have to lead badly.

Just my thoughts. Criticism is welcome lol.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SuperWaffle View Post
    1 + 1a) It will be worth it.
    2) Depends how it's coded.
    3) Re-balancing is always possible.
    4) Leading and aiming both requires skill. Try doing a revolver fight with a mate on your own network, you will have 0 - 2 ping and you will see it requires skill.
    5) This is because the engine of other games are better coded. I can't think of any other games where you have to lead badly.

Just my thoughts. Criticism is welcome lol.
    Regarding 1&1a.
    Are you sure it would be worth it? I know some servers have actually asked players to stop reporting for such a thing because there was so many reports regarding his issue. I don't think it would be worth it if the issue was just ingored. Not to mention, If there was a AntiHack involved (and a antilead server would be retarted without one) it could be even calling for hackers to try to bypass it for the shotbots. I think you want to give people as little reason as possible to bypass antihacks or cheat. Making it possible for simple shotbots to work due to a antilead system just gives hackers another reason to bypass the antihack. Once that happens, you never know the whole method of the antihack would need to be redone (depending on antihack and bypass of course).
    HatersGonnaHate <3~

-----------

Banned

Thanks
    Anti-Lead system = No underclocking. And if you are good enough, then you can easily kill shotbotters if the server you play on got Anti-Lead system.

9. The following user said thank you to iBoubble for this useful post:

Achaeon (02-11-2011)

Achaeon's Avatar I <3 ownage.

Thanks
    anti-lead is good because
    even halofan65513 can actually get kills, if you can aim its good
    also leading servers give u more chances to win ex. if ur against laggers and have a bad aim leading is a good option for you.
    tho I prefer anti-leading servers ^^

#14:04 Lucky> Achaeon you are pro and sexy xD
    Originally Posted by TugaKing View Post
    Cyan is just unbeatable :[ Nothing to do against Achaeon...
    igns: Achaeon

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    Anti-Lead system = No underclocking. And if you are good enough, then you can easily kill shotbotters if the server you play on got Anti-Lead system.
    Anti-lead = no underclocking?

I still know people who underclocks in anti lead. it makes u hit harder

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information