Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Storm's Avatar The Hated

Thanks
    can someone help me? idk if its how i compiled it or if somethings wrong. if your familiar w/ gtk(unlike me xD) can u take a look and tell me whats wrong or fix it and it would be greatly appreciated. if its just me failing to compile it can you do it so i can see how? tyvm

http://www.mediafire.com/?a1e93xwrv4mrjpf

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    http://gzmap.sourceforge.net/forums/index.php

install fsrad. if you got it installed look at the help topics or make a new topic there

Banned

Thanks
    Just wanted to say that the maze you made is very narrow. Anyway like pica said check out gzmap and you'll be fine. If it still ain't working try to go into each of the programs properties and make it use windows xp service pack 2

as silent as you can get.

Thanks
    1: I can complile it so download fsrad etc like said before.
    2: The maze is narrow indeed. But you can make it higher for walljumping/climbing etc.
    3: use grid 32/64 (nr.6/7) and rebuild it to prefend useless annoying bugs (make sure everything is on the grid!).
    4: I like the main concept of your map.
    5: if ur debugger crashes uncheck the "lightmap" option in the gunz settings.
    6: keep it going since we all want to know how it's gonna work out ;D
    (ps: 7: i think im going to remake a install and usage tut on gtkradiant... with the needed files... tips and triks... when i get the time for it...)

Greetings SilenSoul.

Storm's Avatar The Hated

Thanks
    zzz still cant figure it out ima noob lol

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Storm View Post
    justdownlaod fsrad some where and extract it...

thanks and credits to the original maker which i cant seem to find...
    ps: im sory if i break any rule here since i dont know them all... and dont plan to learn em all...

Quote:
    Step 1.
    Download and install GTKRadiant.
    http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/files...iant-1.5.0.msi

Step 2.
    Download the GunZ Online plugin for GtkRadiant

Mirror1:RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    Mirror2:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Extract the files in the zip to C:\Program Files\GtkRadiant 1.5.0\

Step 3.
    Download the basic config files for your gunz map:

Mirror1:RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting
    Mirror2:MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Extract these files to C:\gunzmap\

Step 4.
    SourceForge.net: GZMap
    Download Legions map compiler and extract the zip to
    C:\Program Files\GtkRadiant 1.5.0\

Step 5.
    Start GtkRadiant and select GunZ Online as your target game.

Set the Engine path to C:\gunzmap\

It should open a new window, once your in same immediantly. Call it the title of your map.

-----------------------
    Configuring GtkRadiant
    -----------------------

Before we get down to creating a new map, we need some textures to work with. I have a setup a download link for some basic GunZ textures that can be downloaded here:

gunz.rar - FileFront.com
    Textures.rar - FileFront.com

Extract the folder in the textures.rar to C:\gunzmap\
    Were not finished yet, when you add new textures you have to define them in a special file called shaderlist.txt located in C:\gunzmap\data\scripts the file should contain the following
    Code:textures
    gunz
    Alright lets get started, now that we've put in some custom textures we have to restart GtkRadiant so it can read the new textures. Open your map up and lets get started!

If you don't see this exactly, not to worry. Follow these steps to configure GTKRadiant to appear and operate like mine (which is, of course, superior to every other possible way). Go to edit, then preferences, and in the list, under Interface, click on layout. Set your layout as mine is... I prefer this to the other layouts for ease of use.

PART II

-----------------------
    Creating your first map
    -----------------------

Alright guys time to get started! In here we're going to begin building the room. This tutorial will cover creating the walls, floor and ceiling, as well as some very basic texturing.

Some useful commands to know before getting started

Code:F1 - Brings up the help menu
    Insert/Delete - Zooms in/out of a window
    Escape - Deselects any selected brushes/entities

Shift-leftclick - This selects or deselects the brush/entity you click on
    Numpad keys - Changes the grid size
    ctrl-c - Copy the selected entity/brush
    ctrl-v - Paste the previously copied entity/brush
    t - Brings up the texture-picker.
    ctrl-shift-leftclick - Selects just the face of a brush (one at a time)
    ctrl-shift-alt-leftclick - Selects/Deselects the faces of a brush (as many as you want)
    d / c -Move the camera vertically

Okay lets begin!

Now for the floor. Click and hold the mouse button at the -256,256 mark (top left of the window) and drag down to 256,-256. This should create a large square as depicted in the following picture.

The Floor

Congratulations, you just created your first brush. What is a brush? A brush is a surface inside quake3 arena levels. Basically, everything we're going to do here will revolve around brushes or entities. We'll get into entities later, but just know that if I'm talking about a brush, I'm talking about THIS. Now that you know what a brush is, let's move it some.

Click and hold your mouse button in the center of the brush, in the bottom left window. This is a side view. You could also do it in the bottom right window, which is the front, as we're just going to drag the brush down a bit. Now, drag it so that the top of the brush is even with the 0 line. The following pic will illustrate what I mean.

Moving the floor down a step

Does it have to be at the 0 mark? No. However, we're putting it here for the purpose of demonstrating the movement of brushes (very important) as well as making it easier on ourselves later.

Okay before moving on lets set GunZ spawnpoints. It's important to set these locations otherwise your map will crash (duh) Before creating a spawnpoint we must de-select the current element (the floor) or else the spawnpoint will actually replace the floor, and we don't want that to happen. The below picture will give you an example how to add a spawnpoint:

Inserting a spawnpoint

Take a good look at that pink rectangular object, thats how big your gunz character is relative to the map.

Okay obviously we can see that our floor is too small lets stretch it out a bit but first we must select the floor again. De-select the spawnpoint by hold shift and clicking it, then click the floor it should highlight pink. If you look below you should be able to see the three dimensional panels and your selection should highlight red on them. To stretch an object in the x, y direction click and hold your mouse in the top right panel just above the box which is highlighted red and drag it, it should start to grow.

Stretching your floor

Okay lets texture it! just press "T" on your keyboard to bring up the textures menu and select any texture you want for your floor.

Floor

Alright its almost time for us to compile and test our map ^^

Next we have to create a large box around our plateform make sure its air tight, otherwise the map will have errors. It's like accidentally opening something up to the vacuum of space, everything gets sucked out.... Anyway you get the point all levels must be surrounded by some sort of a barrier.

It doesn't matter what the outer barrier of your map looks like were going to make it invisible later on in the tutorial.

So lets test it right now! goto the top and hit BUILD compile using NOLIGHT

Once its compiles check in C:\gunzmap\data\maps your looking for the zipped copy of gunzmap, your going to extract the following files and move them to C:\MRS\gunzmap

Code:WinZIP:

gunz (folder)
    gunzmap.RS.BSP
    gunzmap.RS
    gunzmap.RS.COL
    gunzmap.RS.LM
    gunzmap.RS.XML
    spawn.xml

Now to get a visible sky working for your map we have to do a couple of manual editing. Your going to take your your Town.mrs file and decompress it and steal some sky animations:

Code:Town_obj_sky_daylight.elu.ani
    Town_obj_sky_daylight.elu

Then place them in C:\MRS\gunzmap

now we want to open up gunzmap.RS.XML and add the following lines:

Add in <DUMMYLIST>

Code:<DUMMY name="obj_sky_daylight">
    <POSITION>55267160891140097000000000000000.0000000 0.0000000 0.0000000</POSITION>
    <DIRECTION>0.0000000 0.0000000 0.0000000</DIRECTION>
    </DUMMY>

Underneath </MATERIALLIST> add

Code:<OBJECTLIST>
    <OBJECT name="Town_obj_sky_daylight.elu">
    </OBJECT>
    </OBJECTLIST>

Okay so great! We now have a sky above, but... we surrounded our entire map with giant walls! Not to worry theres a little tag that lets us make them go away ^^ add the following lines in gunzmap.RS.XML

Code: <MATERIALLIST>
    <MATERIAL name="gunz_Floor013">
    <DIFFUSE>1.00000000 1.00000000 1.00000000</DIFFUSE>
    <AMBIENT>1.00000000 1.00000000 1.00000000</AMBIENT>
    <SPECULAR>1.00000000 1.00000000 1.00000000</SPECULAR>
    <DIFFUSEMAP>gunz/Floor013.tga</DIFFUSEMAP>
    </MATERIAL>
    <MATERIAL name="gunz_Box009">
    <DIFFUSEMAP>gunz/Box009.tga</DIFFUSEMAP>
    </MATERIAL>
    <MATERIAL name="gunz_Sky003">
    <DIFFUSEMAP>gunz/Sky003.tga</DIFFUSEMAP>
    <USEOPACITY/>
    </MATERIAL>
    </MATERIALLIST>

The UseOpacity tag lets our ceiling become almost invisible so we can see the sky animation ^^

Now to test your file! Compile gunzmap folder and put it in your maps directory.

Storm's Avatar The Hated

Thanks
    Lol I just don't know what is the bug lol

Thanks
    Lol I just don't know what is the bug lol
    well how about starting to give us/me some use full infrmation...
    like what is the bug what does it do...

well having said that i added tesxtues and now it crashes... adding other tesxtures it crashes 2... just dont make it so that brushes come inside each other.
    if that doesnt fix it rebuild your map... if that fails remove gtkradiant flood a lot and reinstall and do it as described in the tutorial...

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Go suck a lollipop outside and quit doing this then

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Go suck a lollipop outside and quit doing this then
    lol that was the other option i had in my mind.
    but i just want to stimulate ppl do go mapping since it is fun ;D
    as long as it doesnt bug

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information