Banned

Thanks
    +Rep if this helped credits to Recursive. Thanks for looking.
    In GunZ, you will find 3 Styles of players, "Korean", "Euro", and Hybrid styled players.

========
    K-Style
    ========
    You've probably heard of "Korean"-style players or "Slashshooters" somewhere in GunZ. If you haven't, a "Korean"-styled player/"Slashshooter" is a player that:
    -Often is seen with a Shotgun/Revolver/Rocket.
    -Uses "Korean" moves, such as the slash-shot, half-step, flash-step, wall-cancellations, and the such.
    -Rarely seen with automatics.

"Korean"-Style was supposedly introduced by a well-known player by the name or "Korean", or "Kraise". This is how the style got it's name. He was the one who originally kicked off the idea of slashshooting to IGunZ players.

========
    E-Style
    ========
    "Euro"-Style players are entirely different than the "Korean"-Style players. They are players that:
    -Often is seen with a Revolver/Rifle/MG
    -Does not use any of the "Korean" moves, instead they usually dive to get around.

Many people think that "Euro"-style is the lesser of the 2 styles, although this is generally untrue. E-Style simply looks unimpressive compared to the K-Style, but fares very well against K-Styled players if used well.

========
    Hybrid
    ========

Hybrid style is the combination of both fighting styles. A hybrid player excels in both K-Style and E-Style, and this ultimately makes them the most versatile type of player. They can use Shotguns and Rockets as well as they can use Rifles and MGs. They know all the K-Style moves and use them frequently. Hybrid players are rare, anyone who takes the time to learn K-Style will usually use K-Style 100%.

-------------------------
    III: Advanced Play Fundamentals
    GunZ has fundamentals that every player must be familiarized with before they start playing at the higher levels.

These are just some of the major points that makes a player good:

Physical Stamina - If you are K-Styled, GunZ becomes a very physical game. You'll be averaging 7 keys a second at higher levels of play, which tires many people out very fast. Many K-Styles often overlook their physical limitation and tire out mid-fight.

Knowing your Enemy - By studying the players on the opposite team, you can learn several things about them. You will find out :
    -The Armor/Equipment the player is carrying
    -The style the player uses
    -How fluent he/she is with that style
    -The patterns he/she uses
    -The ping that that player has (Useful for Leading shots)
    After you know a little bit more about your enemy, you can attack in ways that gives you the upper-hand. (Such as aiming at the central point (Where half-step begins and ends) of a K-Styler that half-steps in one direction, getting up close to a E-Styler that uses long range weapons only, Keeping distances from rocket users)

Equipping for the Battle ahead - Fighting rocket users? Pack a long-range weapon. GunZ has a sort of an RPS system of a sort when it comes to weapons, it's important to be able to counter a kind of weapon when it is used.

Keeping Basic Thought in fights - Not SSing near blocking players, Starting combos when someone is block-spamming, fleeing and chasing at the right times)

Fleeing - Running will keep you alive. You should always have an escape plan when entering a fight with another team.

Management of Resources - Keeping your ammo above 0, medding at the right times, also depriving others of the chance to gain Ammo/Health/Armor pickups.

Being an Opportunst - Killing others with their back turned, intruding in on a 1v1 in a TDM, chasing someone who is trying to med, Killing typers, Camping the ammo spawn when an enemy needs it. Even though this seems negative, tactics like this cripples the other team and wins you games.

Playing Smart in Odd Situations - An example of this is when you and an enemy meet in close quarters. You should always be prepared for a meeting like this when running through them, and have a plan of action ready to execute when the time comes necessary.

Adaptation to Circumstance - The change of state of mind when a rush occurs, when a Xv1 occurs, or when you are rushing. The style of your play will change depending on the current circumstance, so the lesser the time taken to adapt to it, the better off you are.

Aiming & Leading Shots - Anyone can pull off a half step perfectly, but can they aim while doing so? I see many slashshooters with terrible aim, mainly because they are solely concentrated on pulling off the combo rather than actually hitting the player. LOOKING IMPRESSIVE IS LESS IMPORTANT THAN WINNING. Remember this =] Leading shots is sadly a factor in GunZ play. Leading shots is when you predict where a player is going to be due to lag. If the player's ping is ~100, you should aim a second ahead. If the players ping is ~50, aim 1/2 seconds agead, you get the idea. An easy way to get around having to lead shots is to line your shot up in a way that the enemy is moving vertical to your character, and not horizontally.

Combo Accuracy & Succession - Being able to pull off advanced combos with a high accuracy rate, and being able to run combos together.

Map Memorization - Once you know where everything is to the point where you don't have to think about it, a map will become very easy to play with. Knowing where to be able to flee too even when faced in the opposite direction is a valuable skill in survival.

Teamwork & Tactics - In Scrims and Clan Wars, you'll be going nowhere without proper teamwork and tactics. Even though one player may be better than all of the rest, he can easily get rushed by the opposite team. You'll have to start working with the team/clan you are with so that you give yourself and eachother the advantage over the opposite team.

Relationships with other players - Often overlooked, depending on the relationship that you have with the opposite player can give you an advantage. You can easily drive fear into an opposite player by saying the right things, or by just achieving a certain level of fame. A battle can be won before it has begun in some kind of sense, if the relationship is right.

IV: K-Style
    I personally specialize in K-Style, so the K-Style sections in this guide are going to be very detailed. =]

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Note: All the moves in this guide will use the SWORD as the melee weapon.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

------------------
    IV Part A: K-Style Basics
    ------------------

Before starting K-Style, you should familiarize yourself with these basic moves.

==================
    Wall-Canceling
    ==================

To do a Wall-Cancel, Stand perpindicular to a wall. Have melee active. Run at the wall, jump, jump off the wall, slash, dash at the wall, jump off the wall, slash, dash at the wall, jump off the wall, repeat. This is a basic move to keeping yourself in the air.

==================
    Multiple-Wall Run
    ==================
    This is a harder move, due to the small angle-of-approach used for a wall-run. I've taken a picture of the proper angle of approach for a wall-run.

As you can see, you can't approach from a large span. So when doing this move, keep this angle in mind.

To do a Multiple Wall-Run, start a Wall run on a wall. When you near the end of the wall/run, jump off, slash, turn 180 degrees, dash at wall, and double-tap space bar. This is a tough move to get down. You can turn this into a continuous wall-run by not doing a 180 degree turn. I've taken replays of both to give you a better understanding of what to do.

Replay: Multiple Wall Run
    Continuous Wall-Run
    ==================
    Light Step
    ==================
    This will train your fingers for the half-step and flash-step. It's a pretty useless move, all it does it let you dash twice in midair.

To Light-Step, jump, dash, slash, and dash.

Here's a Replay: Light-Step

==================
    Butterfly-Step
    ==================
    A fundamental of swordfighting.

To Butterfly-Step, Jump, Dash, Slash, and Block right after the slash.

Replay:Butterfly Step

==================
    The Slash-Shot
    ==================
    Yeah, now you'll learn how to do the famed slash-shot =]

To Slash-Shot, Jump, Dash, Slash(HOLD), Change to a Gun, Gun will shoot.

Replay: SlashShot

------------------
    IV Part B: Advanced K-Style
    ------------------

Now onto the advanced moves, these are what makes a K-Styler so good =]

==================
    Half-Step
    ==================
    Once you get this move down, chances are you wont use the Slash-Shot anymore.

To Half-Step: Jump, Dash, Slash(HOLD), Change, Dash(RIGHT AFTER CHANGE), Gun will shoot.

Replay: Half-Step

==================
    Eighth-Step
    ==================
    Apparently this is not the half-half, but it sure works hella better.

Another Variation of Half-Step, with 3 Dashes.

To Half-Half Step: Jump, Dash, Slash(HOLD), Change, Dash(RIGHT AFTER CHANGE), Jump, Dash, Gun will shoot.

The timing on this move is very difficult, heres a replay: HalfHalfStep

Banned

Thanks
    This guide is kinda outdated lol o.O
    Theres better ones at **********

pk stijnie's Avatar Don't kill me , mhk?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tomboii View Post
    This guide is kinda outdated lol o.O
    Theres better ones at **********
    i agree
    P.S. wrong section, you should have added this to general

IGN:[H]er[O}
    LoL: EUW: PoD SpaceShake
    FCraft: SyphonCore

Bakpao's Avatar safe and sound

Thanks
    ''-------------------------
    I personally specialize in K-Style, so the K-Style sections in this guide are going to be very detailed. =]''

You suck copying lol, I thought you are a dstyler.
    Huh well, in my opinion you cant learn styles by text, only by videos.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bakpao View Post
    ''-------------------------
    I personally specialize in K-Style, so the K-Style sections in this guide are going to be very detailed. =]''

You suck copying lol, I thought you are a dstyler.
    Huh well, in my opinion you cant learn styles by text, only by videos.
    Ofc i copyed it Read the top, Its from Revursion Or w/e Im pretty sure hes rank 10-25 Hes a very good K-style and if you don't want to take the time to learn some word's, Dont, Anyways topic locked, to reduce spam. And i am a D-styler I made a guide for that also, But im trying to learn K-style So far i can do anything but Flash step - My scroll is to , Well its like a click scroll.

Thread Information