Latinator1's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    I went to the FAQ and i got this

1.1) My FGunZ Client crashes when I try to login.
    - Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 here, install it and restart FGunZ.
    - Disable the real-time protection of your anti-virus
    - Disable DEP (Data Execution Prevention).

I have Microsoft .NET Framework 4 + Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 So i assume I don't have to get it. but anyways, yesterday I downloaded and installed the game, I used the updater and got an error message saying:

Invalid CRC fro the downloaded patch file. : . \PATCH\GunzLauncher.exe_
    [Tip} Please check for anti-virus program or firewall running on your system

Right after that I get a message saying I have a trojan. I got it removed and then closed the launcher and opened up gunz.exe right away with Run as Administrator, and the game crashed when I tried to log in, I gave it one more shot and it worked. So I played...
    And now today after 238579723582 tries it keeps crashing.

Since I have the framework version 4 and 3.5 SP1 i tried to do what it said in the FAQ, But I can't, I don't have those options, should I just look for a way to do the DEP?
    Last edited by Latinator1; 09-10-2011 at 08:33 PM.

Thanks
    Well, I've got the same problem too, but are you having trouble to LAUNCH it or Log in game?

Thanks

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Disabling DEP fixed it for some people, sometimes it doesn't fix it for people though.
    The way for me to fix the login crash is to disable my anti-virus. (Microsoft Security Essentials)
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SuperWaffle View Post
    Disabling DEP fixed it for some people, sometimes it doesn't fix it for people though.
    The way for me to fix the login crash is to disable my anti-virus. (Microsoft Security Essentials)
    Eventhough the anti-virus is disabled I can't sometimes log in in it =/

All I do that works is just minimize/maximize the window and try to login...

And it sometimes works

Thanks
    k, it updated, now that i've taken off the microsoft essentials thing, I thought it was off since I took it off the process list.
    anyways, now it says I have incorrect password and username, after a couple of tries i got "tried again in 10 minutes" I tried one more time with a different password, but I doubt was right, and it crashed. Gonna make a new account just incase

Originally Posted by Kuroko View Post

All I do that works is just minimize/maximize the window and try to login...
    yeah there's games when something as stupid as that works, I'll try it out

I played this one game where I had to click twice during the loading process for it not to crash, Click twice anywhere on the screen =/ which was real wierd

ROFL it worked

K i think its minimize click once and maximize, click enter and close the message that says if you wanna quit, and then cilck log in

maybe maybe^
    Last edited by Latinator1; 09-10-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Latinator1 View Post
    k, it updated, now that i've taken off the microsoft essentials thing, I thought it was off since I took it off the process list.
    anyways, now it says I have incorrect password and username, after a couple of tries i got "tried again in 10 minutes" I tried one more time with a different password, but I doubt was right, and it crashed. Gonna make a new account just incase

yeah there's games when something as stupid as that works, I'll try it out

I played this one game where I had to click twice during the loading process for it not to crash, Click twice anywhere on the screen =/ which was real wierd

ROFL it worked

K i think its minimize click once and maximize, click enter and close the message that says if you wanna quit, and then cilck log in

maybe maybe^
    XD

Glad that it worked ^^'

All we need now is Dave to close the thread...

Thanks
    mmmm, darn
    my calculations were wrong lol, but its something along those lines, I know if you don't minimize and maximize again it'll crash, but to log in =/ i don't know, keeps saying I got wrong password and username WHICH I DONT

Thread Information