6 37.50%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Thanks
    team fortress tWo

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Dead Island: Survival Horror RPG Zombie Apocalypse Hack'n Slay.
    Left 4 Dead: Survival Horror Shooter Zombie Apocalypse.

You cant realy compare those two Games.
    Both are good on their own.
    Dont rate the Games lower because you dont like the Shooter or RPG Base Element of them.
    It might not be what you usualy play but they still can be fun.

Dead Island is imo a GTA with Zombies mixed with a RGP.
    As you do Quests and gain Levels you unlock new Areas of the Island.

Where at Left 4 Dead you mostly just run from Point A to Point B and do a Occasional Task.

Forsaken's Avatar Ex - Owner
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Dead Island: Survival Horror RPG Zombie Apocalypse Hack'n Slay.
    Left 4 Dead: Survival Horror Shooter Zombie Apocalypse.

You cant realy compare those two Games.
    Both are good on their own.
    Dont rate the Games lower because you dont like the Shooter or RPG Base Element of them.
    It might not be what you usualy play but they still can be fun.

Dead Island is imo a GTA with Zombies mixed with a RGP.
    As you do Quests and gain Levels you unlock new Areas of the Island.

Where at Left 4 Dead you mostly just run from Point A to Point B and do a Occasional Task.
    ^This.

I prefer Dead Island right now though.
    A - RPG element
    B - RPG+4 Friends fulfilling different classes is freaking epic
    C - Decapitating limbs is sweet (arms and legs watching the zombie flop and bleed out)
    D - Melee combat is a nice change of pace to the usual shooter

“Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate.” -Sun Tzu

I am Forsaken.

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    Both games are amazing, just torrent both . I personally own Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, as well as Dead Island for the Xbox 360 and both eat a lot of my time up. Dead Island is by far more addicting though, just no where near as fast paced and arcade action-oriented as Left 4 Dead, it's more scare-factor in my opinion. Hearing an infected person's screeches when you have no clue where they are coming from, but that they are coming for you scares the shit out of me constantly. Each games have their pro's and cons, just get both and experience them both for yourself.

Left 4 Dead Pro's: Fun team-based action, tons of re-playability, easy to learn how to play with AI bots watching your back, good storyline in my opinion.

Left 4 Dead Con's: AI ALWAYS follows you, never attempts to lead, so children who get scared to lead, stay away! Online players can be ****s and run ahead and leave you(me), if your whole team dies, you lose if there are no closets near you.

Dead Island Pro's: Re-playability, tons of gore, nice plethora of weapons, zombies in a role-playing setting, gorgeous settings, large play area.

Dead Island Con's: Can drive in the ******* water, online can be difficult to get used to(tons of back and forth between missions and what-not), static environment(can't knock over tables, chairs, hit cars, move bags, you'd think going full speed in an armored truck would move a few bags), and the zombie level thing is really weird. How do zombies get stronger all because you do as well? I know it is RPG style, but it's really strange in a real life setting. Should have just made areas with stronger monsters as you progressed, not level the zombies as if they were real players too.

Natto's Avatar Piece of Kek

Country
    Thanks
    Been playing dead island for 4days now
    and imo it's freakin' awesome!

well, except for the glitches D: i just lost a modded machete after i made it

I like to start wildfires

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information