Meizu Sasaki's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    "The way of the sword"
    by Meizu Sasaki

Hello. My name is Meizu Sasaki. You might have seen me on the hit tv show 'Three's company'. But let's get to the point.

There are well over 45+ guides all over and the one i'm going to show is roughly the basics, to 'my' mindset of gladding in Gunz the Duel which i developed over the past four years and try to sum up.

Gladiator

What is gladiator? It's a artform of fighting in the well respected game of GunZ the Duel.

Let's get down to the rules and regulations, mmmkaaay.

There might not be a rule book, but in my days it was simple to see

'Glad dueling'
    1.Don't use element
    2.Don't insta/juggle
    3.Don't backpeddle/sidepeddle
    4.Use rusty swords
    5.Bow, not taunt before starting

Let's get down to it.

'The way of the Slash' - (Think of yourself as an object in a box, the range of your slash is the width of the box, don't forget.

Key combinations

Note: (Every butterfly without a dash is called a stationary bf).

Hit-box -
    The limited radius which hits register.

Animation Freeze/lock -
    The limit of a move.

Stalk -
    Constantly harrasing your enemy by being in their hit box range from the beginning to the end of the fight.

Butterfly (bf) -
    Stationary:Jump>Slash>Block
    Jump>Dash>Slash>Block

Tiger Gate is the same thing, but sorta the limit of BF making it have no sound.

The Butterfly is a NEED to know technique. Why? Because of the movement you're given and the slash/block at the end.

Double Butterfly (dbf) -
    Stationary:Slash>Block>Slash>Block>Slash>Block
    Jump>Dash>Slash>Block>Slash>Block

The more slashes, the farther you will go and the more damage you will do. This is the most OVERUSED technique from beginners to well known gladiators.

Triple Butterfly (tbf) -
    Stationary:Jump>Slash>Block>Slash>block>Slash>Block
    Jump>Dash>Slash>Block>Slash>Block>Slash>Block

This is the technique people constatly get wet over. Everytime someone sees me do it they say 'tbf!' like it's something amazing. I've been on FG for the past two months and I will tell you right now that TBF is one of the most useless techniques.
    In order to do a true tbf that will actually have a decent outcome in a battle you must first painstakingly learn angles. Look at that, that's what is up next.

Angle -

An angle is using a ground slash or a bf with the kick of adding a different direction of which you do it from.

Phase -

A slash that lowers someones block, without being recoiled. Meaning all slashes are phases.

Tip Slash -

Hitting the max length of your slash range in order to phase. (You don't need to angle when doing this).

Combo Slash -

Slash>Block
    Slash>Slash>Block
    Slash>Slash>Slash>Block
    Slash>Slash>Slash>Block
    Slash>Slash>Slash>Slash>Block

Phoenix -
    Slash>Block>Repeat
    Slash>Slash>Block (Has no block animation).

No-name slash -
    Slash>Pause>Dash>Jump
    (You'll move two times the dash length, and can even tbf with it).

Ground Slash -

Slash looking down

Sky slash -

Slash looking up (The reason that these two slashs are able to go through an enemies block without you getting recoiled or having to use angle is because the slashes are out of your box range).

Meaning they're void.The catch is that it's hard to see your opponent.

Non-Direct slash -

A non-direct slash is neither looking at your enemy, or angling your slashes.
    (It is attacking the outmost edge of your opponents 'hit-box').

Holding Slash -
    Constant slashes that force someone to not take action from the glitch they're receiving.

~-Offense advice-~
    Attack when they miss their massive, and then back off since 95% of people will massive RIGHT on the spot. That is when you go back in and attack with the same combo and get out. Repeat.

'The way of the Massive' - (Control of ones massive it key to victory).

Now first off, people don't seem to truly understand what a massive is capable of and what happens when you're the one doing it at the wrong time.
    A well hit massive can break someone, and a failed timed massive can kill someone.

Sky massive - Massive looking up ^^ (goes through sky block).

Ground massive - Massive looking down VV (goes through ground block).

Front Massive - You're facing forward >> (Goes through someone's block standing in front of you that is looking toward the same direction as you).

Back massive - You're facing behind << (Goes through someone's block standing behind you looking toward the same direction as you).

(Side massive does not matter)

~-Massive Advice-~
    Over 70% of people block looking up, so massive looking up also.

'The way of Defense'

Angle block -
    In order to block angles that aren't 360, you need to predict which way they will bf. Some people have readable patterns, so it isn't hard. Either bf left or right. If they bf forward they will only phase your block, but be carful, some people angle forward, and than do a non-direct bf by dashing backward.

Turtle -
    Holding down block.

Block-Rush -
    Flip>Dash>Block

(This should be used in order to recoil someone that is bfing side to side or dbf/tbfing).

Chicken Launch -
    Block>Dash>Flip>Jump

Recoil -
    The slight backing up animation when failing to execute a slash against a block.

Void-Block -
    Block>Block

Tortoise block is a void block that is to its limit making it unseeable (animation lock).
    Block>Block or Jump>Block>Block>Block

The thing is one block is capable of blocking two slashes if timed right. Meaning two blocks are capable of blocking a tbf. Why?
    When the block is up = Block
    When the block is going down = Block

Therefor you can block 6 bfs while only doing 4 blocks.

~-Defense Advice-~
    When someone is throwing a combo at you, either 'dash' to them without a jump or void-block and then hold block to confuse them.

'The way of the flip'

A flip is used to control your enemies movement, which I do with my slashes.

Insta -
    Flip>Jump>Slash>Block

Juggle -
    Jump>Slash>Block
    (requires timing and any combination will do).

E-Lunge -
    Dash>Flip

Safe-fall -
    Hit jump when in the air

Insta fall -

When being insta'd, spam flip when touching the ground.

Recoil flip -
    When being recoiled, spam flip
    (Doesn't work all the time)

'The counter system'

During my days when I thought I was good, I use to spam tbf for my lack of angling abilities. Over the years i've seen some amazing styles, and the one I use to this day is this system that i've named. The benifits of it, is that you don't waste energy by bfing when you're not in range and that you're the one in control of when you'll attack, and when your opponent will attack. The only time this won't work is if you're BOTH doing the counter system.

A true glad is someone that understands their attack range to the utmost. The counter system is timing the movement of an enemy from a to b. Since all dashes are at the same speed, countering a bf is quite easy. The only thing you must do is first control the distance between you and your opponent. To do that you only need to control yourself by walking around tying down the limited range at which he can hit you until he makes an affirmative action, and you'll control him. Whenever he comes close just send a simple slash. Do what you've done so many times before. I called this slash 'the true slash'. Being able to time when someone is coming near, and either; slashing them away, or simply turtling them when they're in your range. In other words: Stand still and wait. Do not be on the offense or defense. Simply wait, and initiate. When you've masterd this, you'll be able to recoil anyone's bf, or slash someone away by predicting when, and how they will come at you!

Simple counters -

Wait for someone to be in range>Slash>Block

Wait for someone to be in range>Jump>Slash>Block

Wait for someone to be in range>Jump>Dash>Slash>Block and keep holding. You might recoil them.

Basicly, it's one movement that is done by predicting someone elses movement.

-Note- This system if almost impossible to do if someones ping is at 110+

'The psychology of Glad'

This is basicly the way i've seen people play over the years.

Do not attack unless you see an opportunity. So don't bf side to side if you're not in range. It's a waste and can backfire.

When moving into someone, always have second thoughts, if they're standing still when you're moving forward, something is about to happen.

When you bf, ALWAYS be in hit-box range.

When someone comes at you that knows angle, stand still and then when he's in range move back. He'll try to angle you when you're not even there and leave himself open. You'll only have but half a second to attack.

If you're not good at insta, try to flip someone when you've turtled them, and hold block while looking up. 95% of people WILL slash when they fall and WILL get recoiled once again. It's one of my tricks.

When you're flipped, DO NOT slash. I know it's a reaction to slash in order to think that it will help, but it doesn't. It only gives your opponent another massive.

When you're bfing around them, always PAUSE before every other bf. This pause means that you're caculating when they're going to massive, and let them self open so YOU won't be the one getting hit and you can go back to stalking them.

Don't attack someone that is backpeddling.

Don't rely on insta 24/7. You won't get any better at glad if you don't.

I hope you have a good day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Meizu Sasaki; 10-17-2011 at 01:03 AM.
    "Happiness is the jewel you dive for buried within the sea of hate."

JShaya's Avatar Freestyler's Senior

Thanks
    I Read most of it.
    Got some Useful Information though

Banned

Thanks
    k3wl.

Banned

Thanks
    gj meizu .

Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Meizu Sasaki View Post
    "The way of the sword"
    by Meizu Sasaki

Hello. My name is Meizu Sasaki. You might have seen me on the hit tv show 'Three's company'. But let's get to the point.

There are well over 45+ guides all over and the one i'm going to show is roughly the basics, to 'my' mindset of gladding in Gunz the Duel which i developed over the past four years and try to sum up.

Gladiator

What is gladiator? It's a artform of fighting in the well respected game of GunZ the Duel.

Let's get down to the rules and regulations, mmmkaaay.

There might not be a rule book, but in my days it was simple to see

'Glad dueling'
    1.Don't use element
    2.Don't insta/juggle
    3.Don't backpeddle/sidepeddle
    4.Use rusty swords
    5.Bow, not taunt before starting

Let's get down to it.

'The way of the Slash' - (Think of yourself as an object in a box, the range of your slash is the width of the box, don't forget.

Key combinations

Note: (Every butterfly without a dash is called a stationary bf).

Hit-box -
    The limited radius which hits register.

Animation Freeze/lock -
    The limit of a move.

Stalk -
    Constatly harrasing your enemy by being in their hit box range from the beginning to the end of the fight.

Butterfly (bf) -
    Stationary:Jump>Slash>Block
    Jump>Dash>Slash>Block

Tiger Gate is the same thing, but sorta the limit of BF making it have no sound.

The Butterfly is a NEED to know technique. Why? Because of the movement you're given and the slash/block at the end.

Double Butterfly (dbf) -
    Stationary:Slash>Block>Slash>Block>Slash>Block
    Jump>Dash>Slash>Block>Slash>Block

The more slashes, the farther you will go and the more damage you will do. This is the most OVERUSED technique from beginners to well known gladiators.

Triple Butterfly (tbf) -
    Stationary:Jump>Slash>Block>Slash>block>Slash>Block
    Jump>Dash>Slash>Block>Slash>Block>Slash>Block

This is the technique people constatly get wet over. Everytime someone sees me do it they say 'tbf!' like it's something amazing. I've been on FG for the past two months and I will tell you right now that TBF is one of the most useless techniques.
    In order to do a true tbf that will actually have a decent outcome in a battle you must first painstakingly learn angles. Look at that, that's what is up next.

Angle -

An angle is using a ground slash or a bf with the kick of adding a different direction of which you do it from.

Phase -

A slash that lowers someones block, without being recoiled. Meaning all slashes are phases.

Tip Slash -

Hitting the max length of your slash range. (You don't need to angle when doing this).

Combo Slash -

Slash>Block
    Slash>Slash>Block
    Slash>Slash>Slash>Block
    Slash>Slash>Slash>Block

Phoenix -
    Slash>Block
    Slash>Slash>Block (Has no block animation).

No-name slash -
    Slash>Pause>Dash>Jump
    (You'll move two times the dash length, and can even tbf with it).

Ground Slash -

Slash looking down

Sky slash -

Slash looking up (The reason that these two slashs are able to go through an enemies block without you getting recoiled or having to use angle is because the slashes are out of your box range).

Meaning they're void.The catch is that it's hard to see your opponent.

Non-Direct slash -

A non-direct slash is neither looking at your enemy, or angling your slashes.
    (It is attacking the outmost edge of your 'hit-box'.

~-Offense advice-~
    Attack when they miss their massive, and than back off since 95% of people will massive RIGHT on the spot. That is when you go back in and attack with the same combo and get out. Repeat.

'The way of the Massive' - (Control of ones massive it key to victory).

Now first off, people don't seem to truly understand what a massive is capable of and what happens when you're the one doing it at the wrong time.
    A well hit massive can break someone, and a failed timed massive can kill someone.

Sky massive - Massive looking up ^ (goes through sky block).

Ground massive - Massive looking down V (goes through ground block).

Front Massive - (Goes through someone looking toward the same direction as you but both looking forward).

Back massive - (Goes through someone looking toward the same direction as you but both looking back).

(Side massive does not matter)

~-Massive Advice-~
    Over 70% of people block looking up, so massive looking up also.

'The way of Defense'

Angle block -
    In order to block angles that aren't 360, you need to predict which way they will bf. Some people have readable patterns, so it isn't hard. Either bf left or right. If they bf forward they will only phase your block, but be carful, some people angle forward, and than do a non-direct bf by dashing backward.

Turtle -
    Holding down block.

Block-Rush -
    Flip>Dash>Block

(This should be used in order to recoil someone that is bfing side to side or dbf/tbfing).

Chicken Launch -
    Block>Dash>Flip>Jump

Recoil -
    The slight backing up animation when failing to execute a slash against a block.

Void-Block -
    Block>Block

Tortoise block is a void block that is to its limit making it unseeable (animation lock).
    Block>Block or Jump>Block>Block>Block

The thing is one block is capable of blocking two slashes if timed right. Meaning two blocks are capable of blocking a tbf. Why?
    When the block is up = Block
    When the block is going down = Block

Therefor you can block 6 bfs while only doing 4 blocks.

~-Defense Advice-~
    When someone is throwing a combo at you, either 'dash' to them without a jump or void-block and then hold block to confuse them.

'The way of the flip'

A flip is used to control your enemies movement, which I do with my slashes.

Insta -
    Flip>Jump>Slash>Block

Juggle -
    Jump>Slash>Block
    (requires timing and any combination will do).

E-Lunge -
    Dash>Flip

Safe-fall -
    Hit jump when in the air

Insta fall -

When being insta'd, spam flip when touching the ground.

Recoil flip -
    When being recoiled, spam flip
    (Doesn't work all the time)

'The psychology of Glad'

This is basicly the way i've seen people play over the years.

Do not attack unless you see an opportunity. So don't bf side to side if you're not in range. It's a waste and can backfire.

When moving into someone, always have second thoughts, if they're standing still when you're moving forward, something is about to happen.

When you bf, ALWAYS be in hit-box range.

Don't attack someone that is backpeddling.

Don't rely on insta 24/7.

Annnnd...that's that. Idk shit.I'll edit later or something.
    Where is the dajjer section.

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

Joeyy's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Where did you get the time to write all this?

Meizu Sasaki's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Joeyy View Post
    Where did you get the time to write all this?
    I was taking a virus off all morning, and since I type 80 words a minute; why not make a guide?

Originally Posted by SinBad View Post
    Where is the dajjer section.
    I don't do daggers, lol. But the idea is pretty much the same about forcing someone to massive, in order to find an opening. And using E-lunge to your advantage for D-stylers.
    Last edited by Meizu Sasaki; 10-17-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    "Happiness is the jewel you dive for buried within the sea of hate."

Yunal's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    Ye joeyy XD

Thread Information