Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Ok I saw that Fgunz had an update so i checked to see if it would automatically
    do the update from the launcher.but it updated the same fille 5 times for each time it did my antivirus poped up and added a new virus to be removed (5) they all say the same thing it says C:\Program Files\Freestyle GunZ\[x]Freestyle.dll Infection Virus found Win32/CryptExe the [x]Freestyle.dll would be the update file.But why dose it say that it has a virus if it was just updated to my gunz launcher also why did it update 5 times (the same file) each time it finished the launcher would close then reopen and start the update again.Am i gonna have to re-install the whole thing over and why is it detecting a virus...

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    "It says Win32/CryptExe"
    It's no virus it's just the crypted / encrypted / protected .dll. (That's why your anti-virus says "cryptexe"

We added a new protection to it so no other server can steal the dll or unpack / ripp it.
    The protection is very secure, not even anti-virus programs can look 'through' it.
    That's why most anti-virus programs say it's a virus, because they don't know what's inside.

But as I said, it is no virus.
    We will soon add a different protection so the anti-virus programs stop complaining.

Banned

Thanks
    ok but why did my launcher keep closing and updating the same file (im not still sayin its a virus well actually that was more of a question).And as always thanks for your time.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Chris_Th3Elit3 View Post
    ok but why did my launcher keep closing and updating the same file
    I guess the launcher keeps closing and updating the same file because your anti-virus software keeps deleting the file.

Banned

Thanks
    Fgunz isnt anti virus friendly.

Banned

Thanks
    im still havin probs with it updating more than 1 time if i dl the freestylegunz.ZIP link that Gucci posted will i be able to play agn? also will the new commands work Ninja jump,sexchange,the gravity thing?

Katsuro's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Someone else was habving the same problem. It wasn't there Anti-Virus. The Patcher keeps deleting the dll and patching it again for some reason. Just download the dll form somewhere and then just run svchost.exe without the launcher. I think something is wrong with the Patch.xml for the launcher to continuously patch the dll.

Taylorx3's Avatar Failure<3

Thanks
    just get avast warren made me get rid of avg for avast and its wayyy betterl ol it tells me when the update is complete with voices =3 lol

Sniper's Avatar Ex-Top Crew Leader/ Intermediate PHP Coder

Thanks
    Allow the anti virus to ignore [x]Freestyle.dll thats the best way to go. What exactly is your anti virus?
    ty Enuma aka Izoka

I not pro =[

xDViet's Avatar Wanna deepfry my eggroll?

Thanks
    Well even with your anti-virus off, the launcher will keep reseting, some glitch in the update.
    Only solution is running the svchost.exe.
    ~ Noob - KevinL - lmNub ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information