Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bunnychaser's Avatar Severe Tire Damage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Trencal View Post
    It is relatively easy to dos someone. A ddos involves multiple networks sending you info.

Honestly though, A person dosing another person is just retarded. Read up on DOS, Denial of service just by pinging will not do anything.

Dos normally works on a software vulnerability on the system. A DDOS is to exhaust the computers networks resources.

People use LOIC to ddos normally, easilly hooked up to a irc where a botmaster can manipulate them.

But, like MC and Super said, since a dos is normally vulnerabilities I would update windows and use anti-virus's / firewalls. As well as update your routers firmware.
    If its a DDOS attack you would have to install software to prevent it, which is getting technical and I sincerely doubt they're doing that.
    Also, To DDOS or DOS a person you would have to be giving out your ip by either going on some websites that would record it or the like.
    People think that DDOS / DOS is an endall, its extremely easy to do and doesn't do as much as people think.
    All a DDOS does is slow your internet to nothing. A DDOS is continual and rarely lets up as it uses multiple bot computers. As your accessing the internet now I believe this is not the case.

I would honestly think your not being dos'd and that you just have some new virus/worm that its just blocking the anti-virus's from working correctly.
    Especially because of how your saying the DLL files are appearing on your desktop.
    a DOS, DDOS, Netspam, anything. Will not do that, thats a virus or other software installed transferring more software onto your computer.

People stop making up rumors about DDOS/DOS.

1 Person can DDOS, using a BOTNET (Irc) and Installing LOIC on other people's computers, The bot computers are called Zombies, which together form an army.
    shaddup smart person.
    Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    Hey, now they paved paradise
    To put up a parking lot.

Makaveli2Pac71's Avatar MakaveliThaDon

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SuperWaffle View Post
    -) Cut the power off your modem for the night / 24 hours.
    -) Full scan with Malwarebytes (google it)
    Originally Posted by Trixranqe View Post
    Tried to cut off power, cuz i havnt been on computer for few days (ive been ski'ing) but its like that person knows my computer is getting on then he ddos me -.-

ill try that one but i already tried Norton, Virgisign, AVG.. none works.

There are various ways to detect whether you are being attacked or not; but this is what I usually do to check for an DDoS attack:
    • Type "cmd" on the search bar when you click start.
    • Primarily, you should type "netstat -n" when you open CMD;that will detect whether you are being flooded with connections or not.
    • After that, if you are being attacked, in which this case you are, type "netstat -a" in CMD. It'll show you all the connections/information on your computer + internet. What you should look for is the IP address that is having the most connections. After you find that IP, use a firewall software, like the antivirus softwares that you've mentioned earlier and block it from having access to your computer.

This method usually works for me but the simplest way to stop from being attacked is by doing what SuperWaffle said; which is scanning your computer and changing your IP address by disconnecting your router for 24 hours(recommended) or at least 1-2 hours. Good luck..

"Are ya ready to go ONE on ONE with THE GREAT ONE?!" ~ Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure" ~ Bill Cosby
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." ~Steve Jobs

3. The following user said thank you to Makaveli2Pac71 for this useful post:

KingSR (02-21-2012)

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    bunny ur own brother trencal (ive heard he's related to u, im not sure) is smarter than u. obv ur the dumbass here telling me i dnt know anyone who can and telling me 1 person cant. stfu man, now u knw u aint the smartest kid in the world and u DONT know it all
    Last edited by Farmer Bashy; 02-21-2012 at 02:20 AM.

serpento's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    I dont think im suppose to get disconnected every single minute. I have no virus on computer either. Which means..? DDoS if u couldnt guess it xD

well how would you know if a virus is on there or not? a virus can be sneaky and can sometimes be in the recycle bins hidden contents or could be even triggered by an icon that you use. id go with superwaffle's suggestion.
    Last edited by serpento; 02-21-2012 at 02:15 AM.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    파란색 끈이 달린 타이거스 아이
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Trencal View Post
    It is relatively easy to dos someone. A ddos involves multiple networks sending you info.

Honestly though, A person dosing another person is just retarded. Read up on DOS, Denial of service just by pinging will not do anything.

Dos normally works on a software vulnerability on the system. A DDOS is to exhaust the computers networks resources.

People use LOIC to ddos normally, easilly hooked up to a irc where a botmaster can manipulate them.

But, like MC and Super said, since a dos is normally vulnerabilities I would update windows and use anti-virus's / firewalls. As well as update your routers firmware.
    If its a DDOS attack you would have to install software to prevent it, which is getting technical and I sincerely doubt they're doing that.
    Also, To DDOS or DOS a person you would have to be giving out your ip by either going on some websites that would record it or the like.
    People think that DDOS / DOS is an endall, its extremely easy to do and doesn't do as much as people think.
    All a DDOS does is slow your internet to nothing. A DDOS is continual and rarely lets up as it uses multiple bot computers. As your accessing the internet now I believe this is not the case.

I would honestly think your not being dos'd and that you just have some new virus/worm that its just blocking the anti-virus's from working correctly.
    Especially because of how your saying the DLL files are appearing on your desktop.
    a DOS, DDOS, Netspam, anything. Will not do that, thats a virus or other software installed transferring more software onto your computer.

People stop making up rumors about DDOS/DOS.

1 Person can DDOS, using a BOTNET (Irc) and Installing LOIC on other people's computers, The bot computers are called Zombies, which together form an army.
    trencal so smart amfg.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
    bunny ur own brother trencal (ive heard he's related to u, im not sure) is smarter than u. obv ur the dumbass here telling me i dnt know anyone who can and telling me 1 person cant. stfu man, now u knw u aint the smartest kid in the world and u DONT know it all

Trencal is a usmc he is boss.

Cereal's Avatar Donator

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    i laughed.

you are not getting dos'd
    idk wtf is with all of you and dosing.

ive been playing internet mmos for over 10 years now. i have never heard of anyone who knows how to dos or has been dosed.

jesus.

i am 99.9% sure you have a virus or trojan of some type.
    hue hue im no hacker but I picked up this " free ddos " thing before and I tried it on my cousins IP.. He instantly went offline from msn for about 15 minutes l0l

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Cereal View Post
    hue hue im no hacker but I picked up this " free ddos " thing before and I tried it on my cousins IP.. He instantly went offline from msn for about 15 minutes l0l

this is impossible
    sorry br0

Originally Posted by Bashy View Post

Basically: You do need more than one computer.

You do need more than one internet.

AS IN: EVERYTHING I ******* SAID WAS TRUE.

One person can run it, but you still need multiple internets/computers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Botnet

Christ.

In fact: To prove how useless a single computer was for ddosing, trencal ddosed me from where he currently is, max his internet could take. He lagged out, my ping did not change.

Simply because you need to upload packets faster than you download them.

And uploading is A LOT slower than downloading.

Which is why you need multiple computers/internets.
    Last edited by Bunnychaser; 02-21-2012 at 06:04 AM.
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    To put up a parking lot.

Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    this is impossible
    sorry br0
    No it isn't, so if you don't know what you are talking about just move along. A lot of people give out free trials of their shell booters which can easily hit a home network for 15 minutes.

As for the OPs problem, I would suggest to just wait for it to end, unless you are willing to do some manual DDoS mitigation, which requires knowledge of networking and Reverse Engineering.
    You could also just give a call to your ISP, I am pretty sure they will be willing to mitigate part, if not all, of the attack through their firewalls.

If you have an extra PC laying around you can always turn it into a hardware firewall and connect it between your modem and your home network, seeing it will be dedicated to being a firewall it should be able to have enough computational power to mitigate the attacks on its own.

You can also try going to your Router's/Modem's control panel and enabling the Firewall, even though it is not the best firewall out there, its something.

Giving a go at COMODO's free firewall solution is also a plausible idea.

As for whoever said that a single person can not do a DDoS, that is not true, a single computer/network can not do a DDoS, but someone with internet access can make a DDoS.

Thanks
    Sigh.
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    To put up a parking lot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information