View Poll Results: Should we enforce forum spam rules?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Reform forums to "old ways"

30 58.82%
  • Leave as is

13 25.49%
  • Have spam deleted yet no consequences

8 15.69%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Trencal View Post
    Serious thread.

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...tch-yourself-O

As far as I know these rules never changed, and after a search I found little about conducting yourself on the forums.
    Everyone, Including me, have been in violation of the rules and as of late the enforcement of said rules seem rather lax.

There are sections for spam, off-topic and the like. However threads with people asking legitimate questions and asking for help do not need to be trolled or spammed with off topic nonsense. These posts should be kept to the spam sections.

Those sections are there for that reason. To keep things in line. However the line has been fudged and most people violating the rules seem to be let go.

Can we go back to the old days where I can actually read posts in a topic in order to understand whats going on, without having to go and skip literally PAGES of spam about pictures of trolls or the like?

I'm pushing for some reform and more enforcement of rules on the forums.

Please keep the topic serious. I will request that Mods keep this thread clear of spam so we can have a legitimate discussion about this. It needs to be addressed.

If you look in that thread I was arguing against such strict ruling, I am still against that. But we still need SOME rules, and all of them seem to have go to the wayside.
    I still stand for what I said in that thread, 3 word limits seem strict as long as they have something useful to say.
    **cough**
    Why do you think Jared, nitro, and I resigned? **cough**

Also I said I would come back at beginning of summer last year to clean it up and enforce the old rules, but it didn't happen. Understandable in some ways of how I got in a fight with McSic, but other than that I wasn't going to **** around, but been serious.
    Last edited by Ariston; 03-01-2012 at 10:40 PM.

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    ^^^ Hehehe . But me and McSic resolved things, so it's all good. Depending on the outcome of this thread, the staff as a whole will make a final decision on laxness and strictness.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jakanadin View Post
    ^^^ Hehehe . But me and McSic resolved things, so it's all good. Depending on the outcome of this thread, the staff as a whole will make a final decision on laxness and strictness.
    Hire me again

Trencal's Avatar FGunZ GM

Thanks
    Originally Posted by r1perz View Post
    This won't work. You'll get everyone banned...
    Thats a misconception. We had it once and the server most of the time had 180+ members online playing at once.

Even if We did lose some people because of a little forum ruling they should know to relax and keep the spam and off topic chat to the appropriate sections.
    Ima Noob.
    I suck.

Add this in your signature if you want ^5 pink back in FGunz!

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Inorite, now donate some more, I need a new TV.

Country
    Thanks
    Or to the Chatbox, I mean, that WAS what it was made for after all..

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    I dunno, I don't think there is a point in trying this, just look around lol, its not just freestylersworld what changed, you see this in almost every online community. And its very simple, people just don't respect eachother anymore, and my saying is that the newer generation simply brought that with themselves, not saying older generations aren't joining it.
    Anyways, I think its mission impossible, not that you'll have to ban everyone, but just you can't be that strict.

Country
    Thanks
    We'll see how things pan out. I'm very stubborn lol. If it takes banning half of the community to bring in a better friendlier community, so be it. It's not hard to just stop acting out when we give everyone so many alternatives and chances and ways to let your trolling out.

8. The following user said thank you to Jakanadin for this useful post:

Trencal (03-02-2012)

Cole World

Thanks
    This really needs to go back to how it was before. Why did it stop to even begin with? Who is to blame for that?

The more you get to know a person, the more attractive they become to you. Because everything beautiful you see on the inside of them, suddenly you see on the outside of them, too.

Makaveli2Pac71's Avatar MakaveliThaDon

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Trencal View Post
    It may be hard for the community to accept but if the mods and admins believe that the forums are getting out of control they have the power to fix it.

I know Jaka has it in him to enforce the rules as he once did, Not sure of the other mods outlook.
    Maybe they should hire a couple of more people if it's really that out of control..
    Last edited by Makaveli2Pac71; 03-02-2012 at 05:07 AM.

"Are ya ready to go ONE on ONE with THE GREAT ONE?!" ~ Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    "In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure" ~ Bill Cosby
    "Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary." ~Steve Jobs

Trencal's Avatar FGunZ GM

Thanks
    Originally Posted by KMstr991 View Post
    Maybe they should hire a couple of more people if it's really that out of control..
    Its not a personnel problem as far as I know.

It seems to be more of a no speaks out about it from my opinion, people have grown to live with it and accept it but i dont think it should be as it is.
    Ima Noob.
    I suck.

Add this in your signature if you want ^5 pink back in FGunz!

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Inorite, now donate some more, I need a new TV.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information