Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by 1Mike1 View Post
    3ds isn't maiets tools. You used their scripts to export though.
    Maiets tools dont define that it has to be made by them.
    Anyways, forgot to add the worldedit screenshot.
    But yeah, you dont have the dokumentation you need for using the stuff correctly.
    Me and wucas will release dokumentations for the elu and map script.
    Thats offtopic though.
    Last edited by HellSniper; 03-22-2012 at 12:21 AM.

Banned

Thanks
    Welcome to GunZ map making, we arn't allowed to use the same tools maiet did, so we use GTK and Xml, and if you knew anything about GTK you'd understand its a bitch to use. Also, the only floating wall was in my first map, after that they have been closed off perfectly so your criticism means nothing to me.

Also, besides all the maps that clearly say "By Mike" the only one that doesnt have that tag is pillars which; here is a gtk screenshot. Also, here is RoF.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37745197/yolo.png
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37745197/yolo2.png

Now is there anything else I could offer you fine ******s?
    slugheady was on point really. he doesn't bring it in a nice way but he was pretty much on point.
    badly build might just be that one floating wall, or multiple things idk. perhaps very basic is what he means.
    textures are indeed repetitive and generic or whatever he said.
    asset-less i have no clue what that means, I would like to believe they are details but I don't know/care.
    style, is about the generic textures. they don't seem to fit properly and are overused.

Hypnosis's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
    GFX Section*
    GFX Section - Custom Maps.

Keite's Avatar shut up

Thanks
    well i don't know very well how making a map works like LOL im not an exeprt at making these things lol but i watched the videos and some maps dont really look bad i like a lot subway ^-^

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tomboii View Post
    slugheady was on point really. he doesn't bring it in a nice way but he was pretty much on point.
    badly build might just be that one floating wall, or multiple things idk. perhaps very basic is what he means.
    textures are indeed repetitive and generic or whatever he said.
    asset-less i have no clue what that means, I would like to believe they are details but I don't know/care.
    style, is about the generic textures. they don't seem to fit properly and are overused.
    Well, as I've stated this is my progression, my second map is obviously gonna be shit, but it gets better going down. Lightmapping, details, this is GunZ not Crysis, you cant animate the soda machines or whatever, you have to be careful with GTK, if you put too much detail you cant lightmap, then everyone crashes.

It's a restriction factor, not a bad development factor.

@Keite, lets make babies.

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Why dont you try to make something unique?
    Gunz lacks nature-ish maps.
    There are a dozen skillmaps, which i still think are pointless, a million indoor maps.
    And a couple rather ugly outdoor maps.
    Even with the limited functions of radiant i made Snow_Wasteland and Scoutzknives, i consider them my best work with radiant.
    You have to work on your texture placement and scaling.
    Make some projects and keep them to you, aslong as you only test stuff, test maps dont need to be released.

Donator

Thanks
    I want to play in the stripclub map

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Welcome to GunZ map making, we arn't allowed to use the same tools maiet did, so we use GTK and Xml, and if you knew anything about GTK you'd understand its a bitch to use. Also, the only floating wall was in my first map, after that they have been closed off perfectly so your criticism means nothing to me.

Also, besides all the maps that clearly say "By Mike" the only one that doesnt have that tag is pillars which; here is a gtk screenshot. Also, here is RoF.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37745197/yolo.png
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37745197/yolo2.png

Now is there anything else I could offer you fine ******s?
    Sorry son, I do.

I study game design and I've used plenty of game engines, and GTK Isn't that hard to use its just you. You chose to accept that what you made, which obviously doesn't looks good, doesn't matter if its your first or last thats just BAD.

Before you start and ego me, start accepting criticism or just **** off you brad, your maps look trash and the way you show them is even more horrible, you just put some random things and put some ugly textures on them without even thinking of what your doing.

And really son, really, blaming a tool is the worst thing you could do.

Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    "allowed"?
    Wrong word you are using there.
    Ps, i did the login map of v7 with maiets tools.
    http://puu.sh/lMqm
    Dont mind the wrong textures for the carpet and flags, i edited them afterwards.
    Wauw didn't even knew you could use 3DS max to do stuff like that =O I'm jealous of you <3
    Last edited by slugheady; 03-22-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Why dont you try to make something unique?
    Gunz lacks nature-ish maps.
    There are a dozen skillmaps, which i still think are pointless, a million indoor maps.
    And a couple rather ugly outdoor maps.
    Even with the limited functions of radiant i made Snow_Wasteland and Scoutzknives, i consider them my best work with radiant.
    You have to work on your texture placement and scaling.
    Make some projects and keep them to you, aslong as you only test stuff, test maps dont need to be released.
    Probably, most outdoor maps suck cause when you try to add detail you will hit the upper brush limit, and you cant leave them as plain as you want cause then they look bland, on the inside and good on the "outside" but I got a troll to reply to so yeah. Mostly though, I might look for textures again, I stopped mapping but I may make a few character selects with animations again. I wanna edit them in blender so their location can be changed, and maybe go into 3ds and change the animation speed so its not all at the same time.

Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    Sorry son, I do.

I study game design and I've used plenty of game engines, and GTK Isn't that hard to use its just you. You chose to accept that what you made, which obviously doesn't looks good, doesn't matter if its your first or last thats just BAD.

Before you start and ego me, start accepting criticism or just **** off you brad, your maps look trash and the way you show them is even more horrible, you just put some random things and put some ugly textures on them without even thinking of what your doing.

And really son, really, blaming a tool is the worst thing you could do.

Wauw didn't even knew you could use 3DS max to do stuff like that =O I'm jealous of you <3
    So, you just proved you are the biggest ass kisser on FGunZ, I don't have to accept anything from a brain dead redneck who cant read. Look you moronic ****, I never said GTK is hard to use, I said it has a brush "limit". A brush is a geometric shape, and with GTK + FSRad + Legion's Export scripts, the limit is around 800 if you want to lightmap. Also, along with Legion's exporter its not perfect with collisions.

So, you are a ******* moron, and your mouth is more reminiscent of an asshole because you are completely useless. Since you want to nitpick though, lemme tear apart more of your arguments

GTK is NOT a game engine. It is a 3rd party tool that was generally used for Quake games. You also have obviously never tried creating a map for GunZ because anyone else who has would understand, AKA AAA_Mods.

Continuing on; your second paragraph is just you being butthurt because I don't give two ****s about your useless opinion. Lastly, you're third paragraph (sentence) just proves you have never tried more than making a cube in GTK.

So once again, **** you, hold my ****, eat my shit, and get off my thread. I hope you die, and have a terrible day.

-Mike

Banned

Thanks
    Probably, most outdoor maps suck cause when you try to add detail you will hit the upper brush limit, and you cant leave them as plain as you want cause then they look bland, on the inside and good on the "outside" but I got a troll to reply to so yeah. Mostly though, I might look for textures again, I stopped mapping but I may make a few character selects with animations again. I wanna edit them in blender so their location can be changed, and maybe go into 3ds and change the animation speed so its not all at the same time.

So, you just proved you are the biggest ass kisser on FGunZ, I don't have to accept anything from a brain dead redneck who cant read. Look you moronic ****, I never said GTK is hard to use, I said it has a brush "limit". A brush is a geometric shape, and with GTK + FSRad + Legion's Export scripts, the limit is around 800 if you want to lightmap. Also, along with Legion's exporter its not perfect with collisions.

So, you are a ******* moron, and your mouth is more reminiscent of an asshole because you are completely useless. Since you want to nitpick though, lemme tear apart more of your arguments

GTK is NOT a game engine. It is a 3rd party tool that was generally used for Quake games. You also have obviously never tried creating a map for GunZ because anyone else who has would understand, AKA AAA_Mods.

Continuing on; your second paragraph is just you being butthurt because I don't give two ****s about your useless opinion. Lastly, you're third paragraph (sentence) just proves you have never tried more than making a cube in GTK.

So once again, **** you, hold my ****, eat my shit, and get off my thread. I hope you die, and have a terrible day.

-Mike
    you could also go for a fake lightmap approach. you basicly add the lightmap files from a maiet map and edit configs & recompile. this way your maps will be playable with lightmap on & off. there won't be any visible difference between on & off tho. check out my map FTemple (its in fgunz) to see what I mean.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information