Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    as silent as you can get.

Thanks
    so if i read ur first post correctly we arent tied to gtkradiant anymore? cus that would solve like 90% of my mapping problems (invisible walls, odd textures and shadows)
    is that plugin widly spread or can you provide it to fgunz users ?

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    The max plugin is available on Rage Zone.
    However, youd just face even more problems without knowing the general idea how maiet build their maps.
    Besides, the light generating is a seperate tool by maiet, didnt see a compiled version uploaded so youd have to get the source and compile the tool yourself, or ask someone who has it.
    Now, i could put everything together and release a huge guide on how to make maps with max, yet there still are some odd problems occouring.
    For example i have one object that at a certain height has no texture ingame and also wont play the sound effects added to the material.
    Remaking, a whole new shape etc. did not work, moving it down a bit atleast lets the texture show up properly ingame.
    Youd also not know how the shaders work etc (unless you read the stuff thats in the source).
    For now i suggest to get some maps done in radiant and later, upon releasing my guide, porting the maps with max.
    (Though there would be some work to do, not just export and importing and exporting through max).

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    I though so that it was just a temporary texture.

as silent as you can get.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    The max plugin is available on Rage Zone.
    However, youd just face even more problems without knowing the general idea how maiet build their maps.
    Besides, the light generating is a seperate tool by maiet, didnt see a compiled version uploaded so youd have to get the source and compile the tool yourself, or ask someone who has it.
    Now, i could put everything together and release a huge guide on how to make maps with max, yet there still are some odd problems occouring.
    For example i have one object that at a certain height has no texture ingame and also wont play the sound effects added to the material.
    Remaking, a whole new shape etc. did not work, moving it down a bit atleast lets the texture show up properly ingame.
    Youd also not know how the shaders work etc (unless you read the stuff thats in the source).
    For now i suggest to get some maps done in radiant and later, upon releasing my guide, porting the maps with max.
    (Though there would be some work to do, not just export and importing and exporting through max).
    Thanks for your fast reply,
    as a mather of a fact ive been mapping quite some time every now and then in the past 2 years, but the main problem everytime is that he just doesnt finish rendering at all (20h+, instead of 5-15mins) or odd shit starts to appear.

for example:
    sgc: which i coulnd't release the end product for it has to many bugs (most solved, new ones apear).
    PC (Personalcomputer)
    unnamed (sugested: PickX)
    and many more which i never uploaded for the same reasons

Odd things happen to all the maps i make... or rather started on, and never finished for they bugged like hell (*idee new host: "buggedmap-GunZ" , i could supply plenty of em).

I really enjoyed maping tho (altho im not rlly good at it).

But some more on topic, it think it now looks a billion times better then in gtk-rad, would have loved it to play on it but i quitted playing gunz quite some time ago.
    looking forward to more maps made/upgraded with this program.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Off-topic @ silentsoul : it you got bugs, test your maps out without lightmap first and try to fix your bugs.

On topic : Ever though about making the island in the middle lil rounder like I suggested or does that become terrible/bugged/glitched?

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Off-topic @ silentsoul : it you got bugs, test your maps out without lightmap first and try to fix your bugs.

On topic : Ever though about making the island in the middle lil rounder like I suggested or does that become terrible/bugged/glitched?
    Haha! The nib made a box and bevel'd it Now I see

I thing rounder would be better looking, though I think for the gameplay this works better?

@hellsniper, just make a cylinder and bevel it and then weld the smaller circle edges to a square and show us how that looks like :>

Country
    Thanks

Bitches pls, also solved my problems, something corrupted some stuff, ingame pics later.

8. The following user said thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

KingSR (04-20-2012)

Country
    Thanks
    Dbl post, sue me.
    Ingame shots.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    /Sue'd on request.

Looking good! I should hop off Radiant I guess .

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    What about beveling the corners from the square? I think its to round to be legit right now, play around with the faces

Looks good though, doing sam gret job ter meng.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information