Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Bible
    Originally Posted by Tomboii View Post
    truth is exactly what it is. we humans describe things in a language we made up. we describe it so that we can somewhat understand it. does not mean it is the truth obviously.
    It could be the truth. Who knows. The point is to get yourself thinking about life. I mean imagine arguing about this in a college level situation. The things people were saying were mind blowing.. Man today might of been a change in life. Haha.. BUT on a serious note. Our version of the truth, is mass belief. Some scenarios were that is not the case.

Person69's Avatar H03

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Energy View Post
    It could be the truth. Who knows. The point is to get yourself thinking about life. I mean imagine arguing about this in a college level situation. The things people were saying were mind blowing.. Man today might of been a change in life. Haha.. BUT on a serious note. Our version of the truth, is mass belief. Some scenarios were that is not the case.
    agree 100%
    truth us just what our hegemonic society has created for us.
    we are the medium to which "truth" travels from person to person

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Well... I'm taking a college course called Philosophy.. and today.. I was mind blown. I literally had to excuse myself to gather myself together. Before I explain the philosophy behind this... Do YOU believe, that there's such a thing as "Truth"?
    **** off you retard

4. The following user said thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Tomboii (04-17-2012)

Bible
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    **** off you retard
    This. This is the exact thing I'm looking for. An ignorant idiot who plays games all day. Who doesn't go outside and explore what he is here for. Obviously you sir. are a down syndrome. Go shave your dad's pubes with your teeth.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    **** off you retard
    slugheady being being crude always cracks me up

Bunnychaser's Avatar Severe Tire Damage

Thanks
    Truth does not exist. Let me explain. We created what we call truth. We made the color red. But think about it. Truth is what you believe. 2+2=4 right..? Well think about it 2+2 can be anything. It can be 2 1000 3 9 5 anything. We created math to be in that function. We believe that's how it functions. The thing is Truth exists. We just don't know what is the truth. Red can be blue, blue can be purple. We as humans created what we think is the truth. We think the world is created due to the big bang theory. We made it, so we think it's the truth. In that matter truth does not exist. Truth is existing but we do not know the truth. Mind-****ed.
    Why would this blow your mind?

Universal constants are truth.
    2+2=4 is a proven truth. It's impossible for 2+2 to not be the same as four. It's a physical constant of our universe; there's no other way to describe it. You could use different words, and different forms, but the fact is, the universal laws will always be there, and taking 2 of X and putting 2 more of X with it is still 4 of X.
    Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    Hey, now they paved paradise
    To put up a parking lot.

8. The following user said thank you to Bunnychaser for this useful post:

Boss (04-18-2012)

Bible
    Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    Why would this blow your mind?

Universal constants are truth.
    2+2=4 is a proven truth. It's impossible for 2+2 to not be the same as four. It's a physical constant of our universe; there's no other way to describe it. You could use different words, and different forms, but the fact is, the universal laws will always be there, and taking 2 of X and putting 2 more of X with it is still 4 of X.
    Exactly because we've been taught to believe that its 4, but we created that, it could be 2+2=0 or 10 or whatever number. We were born learning what we know.

Thanks
    Exactly because we've been taught to believe that its 4, but we created that, it could be 2+2=0 or 10 or whatever number. We were born learning what we know.
    No, we were not taught this.
    The universe was created this way, and has been this way since we were here.
    We didn't teach it to anyone.

It's like saying skin is not colored.
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    To put up a parking lot.

Bible
    Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    No, we were not taught this.
    The universe was created this way, and has been this way since we were here.
    We didn't teach it to anyone.

It's like saying skin is not colored.
    You're an idiot. you're not thinking outside the box, the universe wasn't created this way. We made the language english, we made the name of everything in this world and outside of it. Only the creator of everything knows what the object actually is. Not human made items.

Thanks
    You're an idiot. you're not thinking outside the box, the universe wasn't created this way. We made the language english, we made the name of everything in this world and outside of it. Only the creator of everything knows what the object actually is. Not human made items.
    You need to read up on universal laws more.
    I'm also not going to get into a creation argument with you.
    You are basically saying that, NO MATTER WHAT WORDS WE USE, OR HOW WE DEFINE IT, if we throw an apple up into the air, it would not fall. That this is not what would happen under EVERY circumstance; only under some?
    I'm sorry, but this is blatantly incorrect. These are universal TRUTHS, that are described using our language. It does not matter where you are from; it is a constant that would exist whether we defined it or not.
    Last edited by Bunnychaser; 04-17-2012 at 10:44 PM.
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    To put up a parking lot.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information