Page 645 of 1665 FirstFirst ... 14554559563564364464564664765569574511451645 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 16650
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Cannot wait till this goes live, Satan shroom nerf!
    http://www.newsoflegends.com/index.p...caitlyn-16237/

Aliséa's Avatar Oderint Dum Metuant

Country
    Thanks
    4v5 whatever ZED WAS TRASHHHH FEEDING OTHER ZED

Originally Posted by MadameDeath View Post
    uhm what
    I came to forums and quick replied and exited out. Didn't even notice he posted that.. Wow lol
    Last edited by Aliséa; 02-19-2014 at 06:39 PM.

Hiko's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    I haven't even been able to play because of lag, anyone else getting ping?

serpento's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hiko View Post
    yuh. but i still play xd

oi Blake

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hiko View Post
    if ur on na, then yeah me too
    been happening this week alot
    Decided to burn a lot of calories today, so I set a fat kid on fire.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by MadameDeath View Post
    if ur on na, then yeah me too
    been happening this week alot

We have Riot confirmation http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4295278

It appears that League of Legends is affected by daily DDoS attacks.

A group is DDoSing various targets and demanding "protection" money to get them to stop.
    These attacks also affect League of Legends. See RiotGladius' post here for more information.

Who's doing it?
    I'm not sure if the rules allows me to point fingers or start a witchhunt, so I will avoid posting any information that may try to identify which group or individual may be behind this. Suffice to say that some group(s) have claimed credit for these attacks. Some information about these attacks: http://www.techradar.com/news/intern...ecords-1223956
    http://siliconangle.com/blog/2014/02...s-ddos-attack/

Why can't Riot fix this?
    As to why they can't fix the issue, well... DDoS is hard to handle. Really, really hard. And cloudflare is basically supposed to be the best in the business for DDoS mitigation and prevention. They brag about their uptime, and they're really proud of it. When they were attacked, they managed to 'largely mitigate' the damage, according to cloudflare (see the sources above). That attack managed to slow down internet traffic in all of Europe. Says it all, really. If even cloudflare is at risk, I'm guessing that nothing much really can be done. I'm also guessing that Riot is doing something about it, as well. There is also the issue that these attacks don't even have to hit Riot directly to cause service disruptions.
    We don’t know who was behind it and we haven’t received permission from the customer who was targeted to release their identity or any further details
    They're all clamming up, and I can't say I blame them. That shit is bad PR. (If you see the sources, they also make clear that they do not entirely know if the group in question is the one responsible.) It's quite possible that Riot will not say anything about this or even keep the information private and not comment or deny the possibility for various reasons: Possibly to not seem weak to DDoS, avoid negative PR, as part of private negotiations and investigations, and so on. EDIT: Riot has confirmed these issues are caused by DDoS.

Why Riot?
    More distributed attacks are affecting Riot's specific pipes as well. This may explain why some people are not being affected by these service interruptions at all, while others suffer massive lag spikes and disconnects.
    What can I do about it?
    First of all, support Riot. This can't be easy on them and thousands of posts calling them ****ing terrible for not fixing their servers is really not going to help right now. Shut it and hope they can fix it. If the small risk of lagged out games is acceptable to you, keep playing. If not, stick to ARAMs and normals for now.

Just as a quick explanation
    , it is a specific type of DDoS called NTP AMP, NTP is the Network Time Protocol, it contains a command called MONLIST, which when queried returned the list of computers that have asked that specific time server to sync with it. This request, when MONLIST is full will return a response ~200x larger than the request, and as this request is carried over UDP (no handshake between connections) a malicious user can use a network that allows source spoofing to request the response be sent to a third-party (Riot servers), this allows them to use a very small number of machines to create significant traffic.

You can see a map of current ddos attacks here www.digitalattackmap.com/
    You can go back in time as well and see that US attacks have been quite large the last few weeks.

I'd also like to make a note here...

To the average user, who doesn't fully understand the scale and frequency of DDoS attacks, read below...
    Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks happen ALL the time. They're not just attacks that someone decides to throw at servers because they're upset. The only reason why you don't always feel the impact is because they're not always successful.
    Last edited by Layne; 02-19-2014 at 10:59 PM.

serpento's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks

have an afk? np poppy is 2 champs in 1

Jordy's Avatar jordy

Country
    Thanks

i dont have the whole list but with Soraka xD

McDonald's headquarter

Country
    Thanks
    penta kill in hexa mode and mundo stole my last kill ????
    with katarina

Thief's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Full Metal Pantheon or Glaive Warrior Pantheon?

Thread Information