Page 1556 of 1665 FirstFirst ... 556105614561506154615541555155615571558156616061656 ... LastLast
Results 15,551 to 15,560 of 16650
    Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    gotta love getting 21 and 22 lp every game until you need 21 or more for promos but u get 20

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I personally think tabis are enough, i then proceed to buy the sunfire cape component for the waveclear so im not constantly under tower as maokai os very mana hungry if he uses abilities to farm under tower
    Well at the point you would have Tabi + Bramble I am 99% sure he would not have rushed Vampiric Scepter because most Yasuo players rush their first item like Phantom Dancer.
    If he would 1v1 you, he would hurt himself too much because a Dorans Blade (and possible the lifesteal rune with maybe 2 stacks at most) would not give him enough sustain if you are just trading with auto's and spells.

Especially with your healing passive and the tanky rune route you chose (I assume it's boneplate with second wind and overgrowth; if you are smart that is), yes aftershock is great but for this match up I would probably go Graps myself for extra sustain on healing (cast spell like W and auto procs the Graps), the more Graps procs the better you will become late game basically.

And yes, Maokai is mana hungry if you use spells to clear waves a lot, but that is up to you to learn to play around your mana usage with the spells (only using Q on waves should be enough).

But this is just my take purely on this specific match up vs Yasuo.

- - - Updated - - -

except in gold soloq you cant rely on your team to be able to deal with an enemy toplaner that had a free lane, i can actually apply a LOT of pressure even as an earlygame tank with small waveclear and infinite sustain.
    If you have a chance to win the earlygame, why would you not take it and instead farm under tower (where your farm numbers WILL be lower)? you can always farm under tower incase going aggressive didnt work for you or you inted or some shit
    If you say you cannot rely on your team in gold, why would you pick a tank (which means you are making a choice to assist your team being the frontline)?
    If you really think you cannot rely on your team, just pick bruiser/carry toplaners, if else you should not talk about it since you basically would pick against your own words.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Well at the point you would have Tabi + Bramble I am 99% sure he would not have rushed Vampiric Scepter because most Yasuo players rush their first item like Phantom Dancer.
    If he would 1v1 you, he would hurt himself too much because a Dorans Blade (and possible the lifesteal rune with maybe 2 stacks at most) would not give him enough sustain if you are just trading with auto's and spells.

Especially with your healing passive and the tanky rune route you chose (I assume it's boneplate with second wind and overgrowth; if you are smart that is), yes aftershock is great but for this match up I would probably go Graps myself for extra sustain on healing (cast spell like W and auto procs the Graps), the more Graps procs the better you will become late game basically.

And yes, Maokai is mana hungry if you use spells to clear waves a lot, but that is up to you to learn to play around your mana usage with the spells (only using Q on waves should be enough).

But this is just my take purely on this specific match up vs Yasuo.

- - - Updated - - -

If you say you cannot rely on your team in gold, why would you pick a tank (which means you are making a choice to assist your team being the frontline)?
    If you really think you cannot rely on your team, just pick bruiser/carry toplaners, if else you should not talk about it since you basically would pick against your own words.
    the reason i never change from aftershock especially on maokai is for its huge potential with the amount of ways he can proc it with his cc. good for both trading in lane and engaging teamfights.
    i usually choose the 5% healing and shielding for my passive and then take infinite sustain from inspiration with the biscuits and time warp tonic which sometimes makes the difference between winning the lane or not, allowing you to tank/freeze lanes and set the other toplaner behind.

i cant rely on my team in the sense that i question my ability to properly cs under tower with maokai to set me behind enough to be unable to stop dives from an enemy toplane bruiser who had a free lane onto my carries/not tanky enough to frontline but i feel comfortable picking him into tougher matchups that i just personally really hate dealing with as camille such as jax teemo etc

as maokai i can usually be the one to engage which solves my main concern which is allowing another person from my team dictate the start of a teamfight (gold decision making which i cant rely on) and instead make my own.
    this actually goes for camille aswell if im tanky enough to engage.

SkyWodka's Avatar The ol' razzle dazzle

Country
    Thanks

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    Promoted to gold 3. This game tho, stalemate until 25 min however our adc and support were constantly getting caught and constantly arguing and we reached the point where the enemy is at our nexus, 0 towers left all 3 inhibs down but i was the only one who didnt say anything during the game so they asked for my decision making for a win condition and i won us the game, was pretty fun teamworking.

Last edited by Bunny; 10-01-2018 at 03:16 AM.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    started to duo with players i found in my soloq who werent apes, allows me to be more team oriented by picking utility camille or tank maokai and group.

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    s/o mimo (and stephanm who performed mediocrely)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    s/o mimo (and stephanm who performed mediocrely)

https://puu.sh/BEa3c/d291933695.png
    Hey, I made the early game work.. XD
    But that was one bamboozle game.

9. The following user said thank you to StephanM for this useful post:

Bunny (10-01-2018)

Bunny's Avatar woof.

Country
    Thanks
    i find myself csing way better with jax with over 8.5cs/min and ahead by my enemy laner by 80 cs at 20 min but seems like the universe knows im going to play jax and gives me teammates that feed in every other lane and a jungler that doesnt come top a single time for the entire game

Last edited by Bunny; 10-03-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    i find myself csing way better with jax with over 8.5cs/min and ahead by my enemy laner by 80 cs at 20 min but seems like the universe knows im going to play jax and gives me teammates that feed in every other lane and a jungler that doesnt come top a single time for the entire game

https://puu.sh/BEZAp/7d54e8e1ad.png
    I know that feeling bro..
    https://i.imgur.com/HBZASLS.png

Thread Information