Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    -Logician's Avatar ( ._.)

Thanks

Participants

1. Glimpse - 409 Points
    2. Yoda - 55 Points
    3. Dive - 8.98 Points

Description

Welcome to the K-Style Showdown hosted by Logician! You, as a participant, are here to show the world what you can do. Below, you will see a preliminary video. If you are interested in this contest, I highly advice you watch the video for details/tips/examples. What is the point you might ask? To promote the practice and learning of K-Style. As a contestant, you must devise your best K-Style moves (15 moves maximum!) and demonstrate them in video. You do not need serious video editing skills. Just so long as I can see your presentation and execution. I, as the judge, will then gather all of the contestants' entries and score them using my score sheet. Each member will receive a Raw Score and a placement in the contest.

Things to know

• I require that at least 8 people participate. If there are less than 8 submissions, I reserve the right to cancel this event (or reallocate prizes if it's close).
    • I, sadly, will not be participating in the event. I am solely the judge.
    • You have until Tuesday June 5th to enter your videos. You can resubmit as many times as you want before the 5th, just let me know
    • To Enter, post your video on youtube, and then embed it onto this thread.
    • If you have severe video making issues, I will consider the possibility of watching you perform your move-set live in-game. Please only take advantage of this if it's absolutely necessary.
    • A total of 200 Coins, on my honor, will be given away in the end if 8 or more people participate.
    • I like Macaroni and Cheese.

How the Scoring Works

• Each move you perform is given a score of difficulty between 0 and 100. The more difficult your move is to do, the more points you receive.
    • Some moves are so easy that they are worth 0 points. For example, Butterfly and Wall Climb. These moves will not give you points.
    • Can you do Monk-Style? Yes; however, I will give you credit for its K-Style equivalent. Don't waste your time trying to perform a perfect Tiger Gate, because it will only be scored as a Butterfly, which is worth nothing. It's not worth it.
    • Try to do repetitions of your move. Your hard work in mastering the skill will pay out in the end! However, I will not give you credit for doing the skill more than once if you mess up or make a "mistake" trying to do it in-between. The repeating of the move has to be done successfully as well as consecutively.
    • You may create your own combos (your own moves) if you can sufficiently call it a single move. For example, doing Bufferfly and then doing Slash Shot cannot be put together and called Buttershot. It's not a combo because it is two separate moves done separately. However, if you do a Reload Slash shot, and then do a Butterfly before landing, you can very well call that a combo (Forbidden Butterfly).
    • Combos aren't always the best idea, because they're usually hard to repeat.
    • Your submission can only contain 15 moves at most.
    • Since you cannot lose points for anything, it is mathematically in your favor to do all 15 moves.

Here is an Exhibition Video of what your video might look like and what I'm looking for.

^If this video were a submission, it would score 621.25 points. There might be a special award for scoring higher than that. <3
    Good Luck Everyone!

-Charlie999/Logician
    Last edited by -Logician; 05-29-2012 at 05:36 AM.
    IGN: -Logician
    Previous IGN: -WyN-
    Clan: Smile

Cute Nymph's Avatar Being Kunaged since 09'

Thanks
    ezzies gonna win.

Thanks
    I'd appreciate if you guys would post here to confirm your participation. Thanks.

Ollypayy's Avatar LateDash Kiiiiiiiiinggggg

Thanks
    Might be participating o:

Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    Um this is offensive to d stylers everywhere.

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

6. The following 7 users say thank you to Moh for this useful post:

Azula (05-31-2012), Sentinel (05-28-2012), iPepe (06-02-2012), Johnny (05-28-2012), KingFuse (06-03-2012), Phix (05-28-2012), Tiggur (05-28-2012)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    Um this is offensive to d stylers everywhere.
    K-Style > 9000 > 42 > dirt > dirt sprinkled with bellybutton wak > D-style.

Nancy's Avatar happiness exists

Thanks
    oh yeah I wanna be a show off xDD

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ccharlie999 View Post
    K-Style > 9000 > 42 > dirt > dirt sprinkled with bellybutton wak > D-style.
    I challenge you to a 1v1,since im less then dirt you should be able to get 11-0.
    If you get one death your no better than me.
    Accept or decline?

How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

10. The following user said thank you to Moh for this useful post:

Resort (05-28-2012)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Moh View Post
    I challenge you to a 1v1,since im less then dirt you should be able to get 11-0.
    If you get one death your no better than me.
    Accept or decline?
    Decline. You'd 10-0 me because I suck.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ccharlie999 View Post
    Decline. You'd 10-0 me because I suck.
    Hold on im making this my new signature

13. The following user said thank you to Moh for this useful post:

Azula (05-31-2012)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information