Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Hello there,

You probably remember my previous thread (or can go see it) which originated the sniper re balance.

Using them, i found them perfect except for one of them. The AWP. I believe there should be a -100% movement speed on it, otherwise, if you got some good aim, you can easily wrap up kills. The delay is high enough and such, you can see a more detailed argumentation about this on my previous thread.

The problem is right now, the awp is a run, reload shoot, run... Basically, you can easily run as with any other gun, but the retaliation of a 1 hit ko is a bit too high on it. That's why i suggest a -100% movement speed (or at least -90%) to it.

I wouldn't complain normally since i love snipers, and the stronger, the better. But I do not beleive making something utterly overpowered is good, i'm playing this game for fun, not to win. Which is why i suggest this tweak // nerf (however you see it).

Thanks for your time,
    -Jawarisin

PS: Feel free to thank, and forgive my grammar
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    A decrease in movement speed might be a good idea, but I think -90% is far too much. Keep in mind that the AWP already has a higher weight of 35 and a cooldown time of 5 seconds between shots, making you vulnerable for 5 seconds each missed shot.
    If you compare it:
    - the AWP could do 600 damage in 10 seconds and weights 35
    - the Lvl 75 Sniper could do almost 800 damage in 10 seconds and weights 20
    - the Donation Sniper could do 1080 damage in 10 seconds and weights 15

It's only OP if you know how to use it, making you vulnerable for a while with each shot you miss and it's nothing for close quarter combats.

3. The following user said thank you to McSic for this useful post:

Jawarisin (07-07-2012)

Thread Information