Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Brutus's Avatar ^GHumble^E

Thanks
    Hey gais, I was having a debate with my friend about this today.. I realize it's all about who's shoes you're walking in but just hear me out. I find it more helpful for me to organize my thoughts while writing so here we go...

Well... this is a tough one for me to grasp. I've heard and practiced ignorance is bliss and it seems to be working in my favor for the time being. I believe knowledge is power but it's not what I seek. I believe knowledge is the key to obtaining material objects and control over situations. The type of situations which are bound to have emotional or physical alterations throughout a being's existence, or experiences. Although I'm pretty smart according to people I know, it doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere that I want to be. I seem to have a more naturalistic point of view towards how I portray my idealistic life in comparison to the real world. I guess all I want is to start a family with a woman who truly loves me for me and raise my own children, live my life, work hard(it's good for you, ya'know?), and be able to express emotions my parents could not express to me for fear of impression. I guess at the end of the day knowledge is power but will power make you successful in life? What truly is success, the betterment of mankind or the financial gain to an individual and his/her kin for a prospect of what is seen as happiness? I guess my points is this... stop chasing power through knowledge and simply be happy. It is a mindset that takes practice to master. Is it delusional? Probably, but then again perception is reality so if you perceive happiness to be accessed through your imagination, is it delusional? Well, if you haven't guessed it by now I'm likely to be insane. Comments?

Know your limits. If you wish to speak above others and to be held in high regard forever among legends, you must pause the game and have an infinite power source. You are only as grand as the memory you leave them with. Practice does not make perfect. Practicing perfection does. Once the mountain has been climbed, there are few steps towards the cliff. Remember to enjoy the view because once you've reached the top, there's nowhere to go but down.

Person69's Avatar H03

Country
    Thanks
    I the phrase "ignorance is bliss" reminds me of the creation story which I find completely preposterous. Without science surpassing what religion has taught us we would never dream of what we have today. But that's a whole other debate eh.

Creation story in the sense that we're better off not knowing and having everything planned for us rather than learning and executing important things in our lives ourselves.

Banned

Thanks
    that's the thing, one can not benefit from a single factor.
    if you're literally the BEST artist in the world. good for you, but who will know you're the best when you're stuck in your basement because you're never showing it to anyone or anything. this applies to those factors we're dealing with here too.

Knowledge can indeed lead to power, simply because a smart mind is dangerous.
    however having knowledge alone will most likely do nothing which you can benefit from.

I guess I'm taking a neutral position here.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gianpaolo View Post
    I the phrase "ignorance is bliss" reminds me of the creation story which I find completely preposterous. Without science surpassing what religion has taught us we would never dream of what we have today. But that's a whole other debate eh.

Creation story in the sense that we're better off not knowing and having everything planned for us rather than learning and executing important things in our lives ourselves.
    this is true... i just have a fear that humanity is going to take it too far. human nature says we're more prone to harm each other than help each other. so what happens when our scientific culture surpasses our humanity? one's creation for the betterment or succession for humanity is also a hindrance against it i think. for instance we have cell phones and computers which prime objectives were to connect us but we end up being too attached to those technologies and they end up eating our true social nature as humans ei. talking face to face, processing emotions accurately and according to the situation, eating up our time, excessive sharing of conflicting ideas and so on. i just don't want us to be the people in Wall-E xD

Know your limits. If you wish to speak above others and to be held in high regard forever among legends, you must pause the game and have an infinite power source. You are only as grand as the memory you leave them with. Practice does not make perfect. Practicing perfection does. Once the mountain has been climbed, there are few steps towards the cliff. Remember to enjoy the view because once you've reached the top, there's nowhere to go but down.

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    All of your posts require so much reading.
    Betch its summer!

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    All of your posts require so much reading.
    Betch its summer!
    xD sorry man, i can never sleep cuz insomnia, so i usually try to say something that sustain's some sort of weight towards this community when i have the chance and can't sleep. don't like to make impressions just get feedback

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    It's fine I'll probably read this later, seems interesting.

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Depends where you are in our world,

If you are at the bottom class, ignorance might be better for you, you shall thus never realize how low and manipulated you are.
    Although, if you are in the upper class, knowledge is the most valuable thing, and you need it to keep afloat with the others.

Overall, knowledge is good if you are strong ennough to accept it. Otherwise, if you are a weak minded person (no offence there) or one of those who beleive there is justice and such on this planet,
    I guess ignorance is better for you, you just won't really get anywhere.

Also, the reason peoples want power is rarely for the power itself. It's usually for what comes with it; say money, women/men and such. I think that, depending what you want to achieve in life, you should get your knowledge level up to where it's needed, and higher up, if you can sustain it; but someone with no ambition will rarely be able to bear the truth.

That's my opinion,
    -Jawarisin
    Last edited by Jawarisin; 07-28-2012 at 05:20 AM.
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

Bible
    Wisdom is where it's at, I feel those who are wise understand the meaning of struggle, and look at life from a unique perspective. Well that's just me.

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Its important to know about things and be aware of them.
    However, there are things that you dont need to know in full detail.
    Like with everything in life, its the balance that makes it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information