Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Jin's Avatar 振り返ってはいけない

Country
    Thanks
    Clean PC, Defrag drives, GameBooster, turn off any program in background that uses high memory.
    Easy things (minus defrag cuz that takes long pending on your PC)
    The Legendary Unlegit

Originally Posted by Adobe View Post
    thanks for teaching me , master.
    Spoiler!

#TeamUnlegit
    ~ IGN(s)
    ^6Jin^1

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Cough. FPS lag can sometimes (more often than not) have very little do with your GPU. Processing power, RAM, and read/write causes more FPS lag than a graphics card. Cleaning up your computer won't solve the problem if you have a low-rate HDD or if you don't have enough RAM or a fast enough cpu.
    If you take a good second to think about it instead of trying to be a smartass, you'd remember that he's asking how to increase his FPS on GUNZZZZZZZZZ. Emphasize Gunz. Gunz requires almost NO processing power, even the SHITTIEST of processors could run this. MEANING that it is indeed in fact, his GRAPHICS CARD. Also the read/write speed of a hard drive only matters in games like APB. Hard drive does not affect your FPS on gunz. Only thing it could affect is how long it takes to load a map.

Please either do some more research and stop trying to be a smartass or think for a second about the game hes talking about.

Originally Posted by Tinnie View Post
    Btw, I'm lost when it come to what's inside the computer itself.
    http://i49.tinypic.com/20js0sy.png
    You have laptop obviously.
    Your processor is fine. It's an APU. Budget laptop obviously. 1.3ghz is slow but for GunZ it's enough. Dual core, fine for gunz. The actual processor itself is decent though. Good enough for Gunz.
    RAM is fine.
    Motherboard doesn't matter.

Like I said, the problem is with your graphics card. The thing with budget laptops and APU's is that it doesn't have an individual graphics card. Techinically, it doesn't even have a CPU or processor either. It's a processor and a graphics card at the same time. Basically they run together. Saves money for AMD and you. Budget laptops like that have APUs. The graphics card the e300 comes with is the 6310. You could consider it one of the newer cards, because it's from the 6000 series, but it's a very bad one. It can run basic games at low low settings.

Main point:
    Get a new computer. You can't replace an APU's graphics card.
    Last edited by Puffyjoe; 08-22-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Freestyler

Thanks
    , eh . Oh well . Thanks for the help guys I think I'll just save up to get a new computer . Looking to buy a alienware tower somewhere .. Maybe craigslist . [:

Once again , thanks for the help freestylers .

Banned

Thanks
    , eh . Oh well . Thanks for the help guys I think I'll just save up to get a new computer . Looking to buy a alienware tower somewhere .. Maybe craigslist . [:

Once again , thanks for the help freestylers .
    The words "save up" and "alienware" don't mix. If you need to save up for an Alienware it means you shouldn't get one. You can build (or even buy a prebuilt, actually) a computer for MUCH less. Alienwares are only for people who have the money to blow just for the looks.

Want a better idea?

You can buy a pre-built or build your own computer with the same specs as an alienware for MUCH less.
    For example:

Alienware - $2500
    Computer from other manufacturer or custom built with same specs as alienware - $1700.

Don't buy an alienware. Build your own computer. You'll learn more about computers in the process.

ftwxxx's Avatar 完美

Thanks
    actually a pre-built comp that's 2.5k at alienware would cost much less than 1.7k lulz if you know where to shop

alienware overcharges by a large margin

Banned

Thanks
    Yea please do so . LOL ,
    Go to the start menu, and type msconfig and hit enter. Go to the start-up tab, and un-check every single box except for the boxes that say Java, Adobe, or Google in them.

After that, restart your computer, start gunz up and when it loads, go in the options and make sure you tick the archetype box. It makes all your maps look flat and there's no detail, but I've used it for 5 or so years ever since I figured out you could do it. I can run the game at 500 fps with everything maxed, but I'm so used to archetype now. It should make your map look super smooth.

Here's a screenshot of what your options should look like: http://puu.sh/XOII

Freestyler

Thanks
    Problem is , I don't know how to build one .. I don't know what parts to buy and etc.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Well, based on that picture, I can tell you it's more than likely your read/write, your cpu, and just the fact that it's an older computer.

Archetype your gunz, take your fps limit off, and don't let anything run in the background of your computer.

I can help you clear out a bunch of unnecessary stuff from your boot if you want.
    ........clearing out stuff from his boot? Really?

Don't let this guy do anything...it won't help..waste of time.

His read/write. Rofl dude you make yourself sound intelligent but I can tell you're really not. What the **** does hard drive speed have to do with FPS on gunz LOL.

ftwxxx's Avatar 完美

Thanks
    here's a few links to get started '-'

i learned how to build a pc from

http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/f3efg

and http://pcpartpicker.com/ is p useful

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by ftwxxx View Post
    actually a pre-built comp that's 2.5k at alienware would cost much less than 1.7k lulz if you know where to shop

alienware overcharges by a large margin
    Actually it wouldn't. Especially a pre-built comp.

If you build your own you MIGHT find it coming out cheaper than 1.7k, but it won't be by that much. You're exaggerating by a lot.

I think I would know seeing as how I built many computers over a long period of time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information