Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Captain Douche View Post
    Ever since the GunZ source code had been made public by childish people (possibly Dawson) I am actually surprised no one has add support for GunZ with what people use till today.

I like to see Wiimote and Nunchuck being supported in FGunZ, even though I have spoken to McSic last night about this, I actually wanted to see what others think of the idea. Sure, keyboard and mouse have a FAST response time to movement and key pressing but nothing is faster than a humans reaction or reflexes. If you plan on asking "Why?", shouldn't you be asking MAIET that when they added official 360 support?

There is some pluses to this of course:

-Free movement and faster
    -The fat bastards that sit down all day can finally get some exercise in their junk food eating life.

I would also like to see some social networking added. Facebook, G+, etc. GunZ community is based on ego and shotguns and I seen a lot of people post screenshots of their wins on social networks. Game win > Game takes screenshots > Asks if you would like to submit to social networks you specified in the settings (passwords can't be stored otherwise McSic would get sued. Not that he can retrieve them anyway).

I also noticed a delay between dash and block. Fix it.

Because I known McSic for a few years now and worked with him on FGunZ, I'd be more than happy to write him libraries for such things.

Edit: By the way, McSic. In two weeks I'll take a picture of my computer running GunZ on three screens.
    First of all, you can't combine motion capture technology with a game such as GunZ, You can't be jumping a ****** ingame, and you'll have to do all the moves but standing still, unless you have a football field for yourself as a backyard with flat ground and 200 motion sensors.

Second of all, motion capture simply doesn't work good enough to implement in games further then golf and ping pong games, we've seen it with the playstation 2, the wii, the xbox kinect and none of it works smoothly enough. Which doesn't surprise because basically video programmed software is trying to convert you into a 3D space but only uses 1 camera, you can get pretty far but your still missing to much information to render a clean object.

The community idea is good, though it wouldn't work since their is to many ego, atleast on this forum / server.

2. The following 2 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Farmer Bashy (08-23-2012), Juliet (08-23-2012)

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Military View Post
    Just saying , if Maiet wanted that stuff they would of done it already. In my opinion it doesn't look right in GunZ
    Haven't seen you about in a long while.

I agree but then again since when have MAIET been smart? They added 360 that possibly no one uses.

Originally Posted by Hiresh View Post
    I mean how can you k-style? lol
    Think you were getting the wrong idea, lol. You don't have to move your whole body. Wiimote be like the keyboard, rebind the buttons and see the sensitivity of the nunchuck and Wiimote for movement.

Using Kinect would be a bitch. You'd have to create drivers for the camera and the sensor. Possible but too much of a hassle. At least Wiimote allows you to use Bluetooth instead of the infrared bar.

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    Wouldn't be good for gunz, too much work, how do you expect someone to k-style when they need to jump every 3 seconds.

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Military's Avatar 100 Grandkids.

Country
    Thanks
    Haven't seen you about in a long while.

I agree but then again since when have MAIET been smart? They added 360 that possibly no one uses.

Think you were getting the wrong idea, lol. You don't have to move your whole body. Wiimote be like the keyboard, rebind the buttons and see the sensitivity of the nunchuck and Wiimote for movement.

Using Kinect would be a bitch. You'd have to create drivers for the camera and the sensor. Possible but too much of a hassle. At least Wiimote allows you to use Bluetooth instead of the infrared bar.
    You're right about that , there's like ton of stuff that wasn't used in the source. I got back into the scene like 2 months ago , may I ask who you are again?

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Military View Post
    You're right about that , there's like ton of stuff that wasn't used in the source. I got back into the scene like 2 months ago , may I ask who you are again?
    I'll PM you later. Keeping who I am to myself and McSic at the moment. I attract the wrong people.

People are getting the whole idea wrong. Yes, Wiimote is a motion capture device but it gets treated like a mouse for Windows and Linux via Bluetooth. Even though it gets treated like a mouse, buttons get treated like a keyboard and the nunchuck like a joystick. It still allows us to detect if the Wiimote is on, the battery, etc. Also allows us to access stuff like the rumble feature. You get shot, the wiimote would rumble. It's not all about the hop, skip and jump movements.

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    Bad idea in my opinion.

I don't see myself nerding in real life. It is at that point in time that my mom would bitch slap me and take away all my technology.. Me running around the house jumping up and down and slashing and shooting with an imaginary gun, and running on walls and shit.

8. The following user said thank you to Farmer Bashy for this useful post:

Mime (08-23-2012)

Seoul's Avatar Hi ;D

Thanks
    how are we gonna do the movements like dashing and half step and ld with our bodies?? :o

Real Girl

Thanks
    It's not a good idea in my opinion.

Sure, you could add a whole API to GunZ for this. You have to consider when MAIET added limited joystick support no one used it. Seriously, I don't know a single person who uses their Xbox 360 controller to play GunZ.
    Competitively speaking, you'd have to force rooms for this functionality. Is it really worth the effort for the limited number of people who have bluetooth connectors and wiimotes to add in this functionality, and how would you balance it versus players who did not use this functionality?

There are a lot of reasons why this is a bad idea design-wise, and I could not forsee it ever being implemented as a realistic solution. A gimmick, maybe.
    Sony Online Entertainment recently released SOEmote, which allows for facial recognition + capture software to control a player character's face ingame. I know of about 3 people that actually use SOEmote that play on a roleplaying server of all things. It definitely wasn't worth the development time for something a person will say "hey, that's cool, I will try it out" and then turn it off three minutes later after the novelty wears off.

I also noticed a delay between dash and block. Fix it.
    There is no delays between anything if you are above 60 frames per second. Simply cap to 250, problem solved. Don't get above 60 frames? Consider upgrading, I know BRs that get 200 fps.

Though, in theory the game should only have to run at 60 frames, so maybe there is an underlying issue.

I would also like to see some social networking added. Facebook, G+, etc. GunZ community is based on ego and shotguns and I seen a lot of people post screenshots of their wins on social networks. Game win > Game takes screenshots > Asks if you would like to submit to social networks you specified in the settings (passwords can't be stored otherwise McSic would get sued. Not that he can retrieve them anyway).
    People who play private servers of video games typically do this, you are right.
    From a development standpoint, unless you are a for-profit legal company it's best to advertise outside of places such as facebook. Take MegaUpload as an example if you need a reason why not to get too popular.
    Personally, I don't like social networking. Maybe it's because I am stuck in the IRC/message board age, but I do not see the value in adding screenshot sharing to places other than the forums themselves. Perhaps link in accounts to the forums in some way and use the forum as a congregation point, but never facebook, G+, myspace etc. I know for a fact my immediate family could give two shits about the games I play.

Also, it would probably be best to implement a web browser into GunZ (Awesomium or otherwise) before attempting this functionality.

Ever since the GunZ source code had been made public by childish people (possibly Dawson) I am actually surprised no one has add support for GunZ with what people use till today.
    Dawson released it after it was being sold to other people. I'd rather see a public release than a closed release being tossed around for money..

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I think I'm going to have to quote myself.

People are getting the whole idea wrong. Yes, Wiimote is a motion capture device but it gets treated like a mouse for Windows and Linux via Bluetooth. Even though it gets treated like a mouse, buttons get treated like a keyboard and the nunchuck like a joystick. It still allows us to detect if the Wiimote is on, the battery, etc. Also allows us to access stuff like the rumble feature. You get shot, the wiimote would rumble. It's not all about the hop, skip and jump movements.
    Nunchuck = Strafe left and right, move back and forward
    Wiimote = Look

Real Girl

Thanks
    I think I'm going to have to quote myself.

Nunchuck = Strafe left and right, move back and forward
    Wiimote = Look
    I did see this. What makes this different than an Xbox 360 controller which is seldom used?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information