Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Seoul's Avatar Hi ;D

Thanks
    hmm Idk, this will be a HUGE UPDATE in GunZ. I don't think that telling it to FG is enough.
    U gotta tell it to the chinese peepz from MAIET

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    MAIET are Korean.

Secret. to an extent I do agree with you. I wasn't actually thinking about the law. A lot of people want the world to see what they do in GunZ. YouTube is video and sharing and partially social networking. Sharing recordings straight to YouTube would be a big plus. Nothing illegal either.

What would you suggest instead of social networks? They seem to be the core things that people share a lot of stuff in. I agree, Families couldn't give a shit about what you do but fellow players will and possibly real life friends do too. If anyhting, share it to Groups or Hangouts related to GunZ.

Real Girl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Captain Douche View Post
    MAIET are Korean.

Secret. to an extent I do agree with you. I wasn't actually thinking about the law. A lot of people want the world to see what they do in GunZ. YouTube is video and sharing and partially social networking. Sharing recordings straight to YouTube would be a big plus. Nothing illegal either.

What would you suggest instead of social networks? They seem to be the core things that people share a lot of stuff in. I agree, Families couldn't give a shit about what you do but fellow players will and possibly real life friends do too. If anyhting, share it to Groups or Hangouts related to GunZ.
    Instead of social networks, add a congregation point on the forums, or possibly implement the functionality ingame as well as the forums via a web browser.
    There are plenty of APIs that could be used to do this; ie - json. GunZ authentication sucks as it stands anyways (plaintext sent through the wire? wtf? at least md5 that shit...)

Perhaps a gallery of recent accomplishments ingame and on the forums would be more relevant than sharing it with your friends that may not play GunZ.

Freestyler's Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    I just don't get the point of this thread.
    Some explain please!

Real Girl

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Boubble View Post
    I just don't get the point of this thread.
    Some explain please!
    It is simply an extensive list of what this person wants to add to GunZ, or rather, should be added to GunZ at large.

There is no 'point', only debate.

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    Well this is where things would get hard, Cap. If we did that with the Wiimote to look, we'd have to set the Remote to EXTREME sensitivity's to be able to look around at a mouse level, and even then, not a lot of people have steady hands, and so the accuracy shooting with it would be horrible. As Secrets said, it's pure novelty. "Hey wow that's a really cool feature! Everyone's killing me, this isn't that fun :/... Okay this is ****ing stupid, I'm done." That would be literally EVERY single persons response to it unless we coded in a special game-mode that solely used that feature in rooms, which I'm sure would take some time to code in itself.

Best in Town

Thanks
    To be honest.. it's not a bad idea. I like it. The thing is.. how will the controls be setup or is that already planned? How will the motion respond to the movement? There are a lot more aspects to take into considerations so it could provide an enjoyable game time. I wouldn't see myself playing if it won't provide me with good motion so that I could have potential fun with that new "gameplay technology" FGunZ has to offer us. Maybe some people could "test" it before actually introducing it to FGunZ to see it's potential cuz after a match, I probably think it's gonna hurt just a bit.. so why just play 1 match with it? Is it really worth it ?

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    MD5 is useless, Rainbow Tables can easily crack it without a problem.

If it's forum based, I'd would suggest using REST API (URL API), which I do believe vBulletin supports. If in-game, I'd suggest cloud saving so no one has to store anything on their computers and it'll be more real-time and faster to load. it would also avoid the annoying browser. Browser engines such as Trident, Gecko and WebKit aren't built for games, so even if you have a single, duo, triple or quad cores, your CPU usage will fly through the roof.

Ben/Linear did a fantastic job with Capture The Flag and I would love to see some social sharing within' the client with in-game uploads for screenshots and replays.

Banned

Thanks
    What the **** did I just read..

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gravity View Post
    To be honest.. it's not a bad idea. I like it. The thing is.. how will the controls be setup or is that already planned? How will the motion respond to the movement? There are a lot more aspects to take into considerations so it could provide an enjoyable game time. I wouldn't see myself playing if it won't provide me with good motion so that I could have potential fun with that new "gameplay technology" FGunZ has to offer us. Maybe some people could "test" it before actually introducing it to FGunZ to see it's potential cuz after a match, I probably think it's gonna hurt just a bit.. so why just play 1 match with it? Is it really worth it ?
    There are loads of examples on YouTube of people playing Windows games with the Wiimote, Nunchuck and even Wii Wheel.

Originally Posted by Jakanadin View Post
    Well this is where things would get hard, Cap. If we did that with the Wiimote to look, we'd have to set the Remote to EXTREME sensitivity's to be able to look around at a mouse level, and even then, not a lot of people have steady hands, and so the accuracy shooting with it would be horrible. As Secrets said, it's pure novelty. "Hey wow that's a really cool feature! Everyone's killing me, this isn't that fun :/... Okay this is ****ing stupid, I'm done." That would be literally EVERY single persons response to it unless we coded in a special game-mode that solely used that feature in rooms, which I'm sure would take some time to code in itself.
    I do believe it follows mouse sensitivity, sharing the same movement speed. Shaking hands is called hand tremors, when you move your hand or arm the shaking doesn't take effect.

Originally Posted by JungHae View Post
    What the **** did I just read..
    Shit.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information