Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dakata View Post
    For now I need to see what I can import into gunz, I'm thinking of animating some player models to be banging on their cells to get out. Not sure if I want to do that or make a new model of a freakier person in a straight jacket. If I even can.
    Realspace 2 isn't designed for anything like that, Gunz will end up being bloated and laggy. Small animations are fine, a lantern swinging, a skydome spinning, or waves on the water, but having multiple entities that are controlled by bone animations will just cause extreme stress upon the system.

Edit:

Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Thing is, you dont want to many polys on your map ... players will experience fps lag otherwise.
    1 minute, 1 freaking minute x.x

Alpha01's Avatar The Blue Period

Thanks
    I get it how ur exited ur map is popular , but im 50 % / 50 % this will suck .. nothing can beat asylium . period .

Nancy's Avatar happiness exists

Thanks
    Muy good. I'm still testing it now.

FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    It wouldn't be too many polys if I did it from the shoulders up and their head was shaking violently back and forth. (Sway twitch sway twitch With the door blocking the view of the guys non existent body.) This is also what i''m saying I'm testing it out. (Then again It's a stress test I'm more then likely not going to put it in the map in the end anyway.)

Also uh hystoria, I made asylum and even I think in my honest opinion it's not that good compared to what it potentially could have been.

Things and Rooms I'm thinking of adding/re-adding

Lobby with fountain
    Small outside area
    Guard Station for blue spawn (Small room where camera screens would be.)
    Cafeteria
    Remove some toilets and instead replace with a broken pipe to reduce brush count and for aesthetics.
    Lamps of some sort but not sure what kind. I'm thinking some kind of old rustic sconces (Someone give me some ideas?)
    Foam walled rooms.
    Last edited by Dakata; 09-03-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Thanks
    I hope that all of us will love the New Asylum . Because I have a feeling that it is going to be fun .

IGN: PenguinPanic

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dakata View Post
    Remove some toilets and instead replace with a broken pipe to reduce brush count.
    Brush count? eh ... 3ds max isnt brush based?
    Anyways, its just that some people report fps drops on realy basic maps (port lags for people for example) while others dont get fps drops at all.
    (Though i guess my map Pavilion is one heck of a fps whore ... shouldnt have get all these lanterns and the reflecting water in there ...)

I highly recommend using 3ds max for maps, since there may be ( or not) also a memory leak from radiant maps. (wucas never did tests on dat afaik)
    Just the fact that you can "fake" global illumination with worldedit and the more accurate collision compile is more then enough to start using max over radiant.
    Once into max, its as simple as radiant, despite what lazy pirate may think/say about that.

You can ask me for help @ max, though i encourage you to try to solve the problems yourself first, you're smart enough to figure it out yourself.
    Just like me,wucas and warren did in the first place.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Welcome back, Dakata.
    But you shouldn't post your unprotected/unencrypted maps here, there are just far too many stealers who will just take your maps and use them on other servers without permissions (such as Asylum I). I have removed your download link for your (and our) own safety. Just give it to me when it's done and I'll add it.

Grascen's Avatar Original Elite

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    Welcome back, Dakata.
    But you shouldn't post your unprotected/unencrypted maps here, there are just far too many stealers who will just take your maps and use them on other servers without permissions (such as Asylum I). I have removed your download link for your (and our) own safety. Just give it to me when it's done and I'll add it.
    They still can't take credit, though.

Although he wasn't as obvious as AAAMods, Dakata adds his own little "watermark" for those who look for it.

McSic's Avatar L e a d e r

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Grascen View Post
    They still can't take credit, though.

Although he wasn't as obvious as AAAMods, Dakata adds his own little "watermark" for those who look for it.
    True, but why give others the opportunity to steal Freestyle's maps and use them on other servers like they did with his/our old maps

Jakanadin's Avatar ThatGarboGamer

Country
    Thanks
    No reason. Just PM TRUSTED members and/or Staff with links to the map for download for private beta testing. Safer that way if you want it beta tested at the very least.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information