Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Brush count? eh ... 3ds max isnt brush based?
    Anyways, its just that some people report fps drops on realy basic maps (port lags for people for example) while others dont get fps drops at all.
    (Though i guess my map Pavilion is one heck of a fps whore ... shouldnt have get all these lanterns and the reflecting water in there ...)

I highly recommend using 3ds max for maps, since there may be ( or not) also a memory leak from radiant maps. (wucas never did tests on dat afaik)
    Just the fact that you can "fake" global illumination with worldedit and the more accurate collision compile is more then enough to start using max over radiant.
    Once into max, its as simple as radiant, despite what lazy pirate may think/say about that.

You can ask me for help @ max, though i encourage you to try to solve the problems yourself first, you're smart enough to figure it out yourself.
    Just like me,wucas and warren did in the first place.
    Just dislike the controls of 3Ds, too used too blender ;D.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Just dislike the controls of 3Ds, too used too blender ;D.
    I understand what you mean; meh, I still prefer Blender to 3DS as well, but I gradually end up doing more and more in Max. I found myself actually building in there the other day and surprised myself ;D. As soon as you start messing with the modifiers in 3DS, it just seems easier in there (such as UV Mapping takes literally 2 min for a face piece which would be quite difficult to achieve in quadruple the time with blenders abilities).

@Nagi, I never did tests on GTK vs 3DS, but it wouldnt surprise me at all if there was a memory leak in there just because the size of a "normal" custom map's size after being loaded into the memory. Even mrs.exe has a minor leak that can mess with speeds and size and such; If you really wanted a "professionally" made client, you would have to drop all legacy products from the pre-source times (but really, the time spent doing these things isn't worth it in many cases, as I found out a week ago).

FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    What I was doing was doing basic stuff in gtk and importing maps and exporting them into .3ds with this

http://www.bpeers.com/software/leet/index.html

That's why I said brushes. Less brushes in the end product will mean less polys.

Also I wasn't going to release the FULL map in the beta tests. Why would anyone steal my unfinished map with a ton of holes in it? They'd need to finish it. Even if they did that it wouldn't be the Original.
    Last edited by Dakata; 09-05-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Banned

Thanks
    i want in

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Radiant 1.5 comes by default with a brush export plugin.
    Just saying.

FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    Meh, I don't know if I can trust it.

Moh's Avatar Loyal Pirate

Thanks
    Can you show without light map on?

Originally Posted by McSic View Post
    How dare we buff daggers to be a viable option in glad rooms. Bad, bad developers. Gladiators are going to the barricades.

FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    I guess i'll just have to start showing screenshots to most of you. Maybe a gunz recording or two.

serpento's Avatar ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Country
    Thanks
    how to put map into fgunz folder and try it ?_?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    파란색 끈이 달린 타이거스 아이
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Serpento View Post
    how to put map into fgunz folder and try it ?_?
    Not

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information