Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Did you restart your modem/router already?
    Wired/wireless connection?
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

Genetic's Avatar The Chosen One

Thanks
    Originally Posted by SuperWaffle View Post
    Did you restart your modem/router already?
    Wired/wireless connection?
    Restarted it.
    And Wired connection with my ps3.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it."

Jax is le best

Thanks
    ucer spotted.

VERY THANK YOU GEORGE K

Jallen's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    Log in to your router and activate DMZ mode for your local ip. This will eliminate any potential port issues.

Have you ever used a wireless connection on your pc? If so check to make sure you have disabled wireless services so there aren't any conflicts with your wired connection. Start >> run >> services.msc >> Navigate to "WLAN Autoconfig" >> Right click >> stop >> right click again >> properties >> startup type >> disabled.

Double check your firewall (I've never used a firewall and imo just keep it disabled).
    Last edited by Jallen; 09-07-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    I'd never enable DMZ Zone, it'll leave your home network/internet connection open to attacks. It's mainly used for sub-networks.

I would assume your internet isn't fiber optic, meaning that it runs through a a copper line and in through the phone socket. In this case it may not be your issue but the ISP in general. A lot of ISPs that use the old copper pipes for the connections get congestion which is caused by customers (not just you) that uses a lot of data. In result it can take down your internet, slow down performance issues. Usually every ISP provide an online line checker to check for line congestion. If a congestion occurs, you can contact the ISP and usually get onto the problem within' the next 24 hours.

If you are wireless however, you need to check of interference. Things such as doors, walls, floors, draws, etc can interfere with with the wireless signal. Having the router right next a computer wouldn't help either. Open ports, change the wireless channel to a less used ones (you can get scanners to check wireless channels).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information