View Poll Results: Ban Snipers from Clan Wars?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

60 65.22%
  • No

32 34.78%
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    King of Sniper / Dinosaur

Thanks
    And is it that bad that people use snipers to counter other guns? Why don't you use snipers yourself against the snipers. Logic people logic. Snipers were made to counter short range guns. Fight fire with fire, sniper vs sniper
    IGN: ^3TONYSAURUS^1 / ^5PENIS^2 / Cookie

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tonysaurus View Post
    And is it that bad that people use snipers to counter other guns? Why don't you use snipers yourself against the snipers. Logic people logic. Snipers were made to counter short range guns. Fight fire with fire, sniper vs sniper
    your logic is flawed. I don't want to play SnipeZ the duel. I want to play a fast paced game with k-style. if gunz was a game build snipe only this server wouldn't be here. nor any other servers.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Tomboii View Post
    your logic is flawed. I don't want to play SnipeZ the duel. I want to play a fast paced game with k-style. if gunz was a game build snipe only this server wouldn't be here. nor any other servers.
    I don't want to play ShotgunZ the Duel either.

Lol fast paced? Whenever I use sgs in a cw, it lasts a long time. Whenever I use sniper, it ends in less than 3 minutes. I didn't say GunZ has to be based on sniper only. I say that we shouldn't limit a gun from being used. We already have room tags for it. Some people come from other games and look forward to sniping. No matter what, a sniper's intent is to be a quick and clean kill. No matter how you nerf it, people will always complain. Nerf a gun so much, it makes it unused anymore. Example: Large Sword. I've never seen anyone use em, but me. I've seen plenty of people use double large swords because they have quick delay, and high damage. But Large swords? They do two or three more damage than regular swords yet they can't block or flip. If sniper nerfing keeps occuring, snipers will soon be unused like the large sword. I'm not saying we shouldn't nerf snipers. I'm saying that we find a common ground where both sides can compromise. Not where only one side compromises and the other benefits.

I'd say this would be the most convenient solution to the problem.

"If we want to ban certain weapons from clanwar, it should have something like roomtags so people can play/use what they want: such as enable/disable vanilla mode, allow/block snipers, etc.
    But that wouldn't make it much different from a tdm game."

Have options in clan war channel that before they go up, they can check or uncheck use of snipers. That way if a clan that is sniping goes up and a clan that isn't sniping go up. They don't go against each other, but they go against the next clan that goes up depending on their settings.
    Last edited by Tonysaurus; 12-04-2012 at 08:23 PM.

Hype's Avatar Miquel's idol

Thanks
    Gunz is a game. Games are for fun. Snipers ruin the fun for 90% of the community. Obviously I hope they don't ruin the fun for the majority of the community only because 4-5 people are "good" at sniping.
    Recently I was playing a TDM and everyone was being annoyed by a donator-sniper in the other team, that's what I mean, but I sadly can't kick snipers in CWs.

5. The following user said thank you to Hype for this useful post:

Tomboii (12-04-2012)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hype View Post
    Gunz is a game. Games are for fun. Snipers ruin the fun for 90% of the community. Obviously I hope they don't ruin the fun for the majority of the community only because 4-5 people are "good" at sniping.
    Recently I was playing a TDM and everyone was being annoyed by a donator-sniper in the other team, that's what I mean, but I sadly can't kick snipers in CWs.
    Anyone good ruin the fun for the majority of the community. People who are beyond pro in shotguns ruin every single duel match or cw I've ever been in. It's not that snipers ruin the fun. It's that people who can manipulate the gun into killing everyone that kills the fun. It's not the gun, its the person who wields the gun.

Hype's Avatar Miquel's idol

Thanks
    Anyone good ruin the fun for the majority of the community. People who are beyond pro in shotguns ruin every single duel match or cw I've ever been in. It's not that snipers ruin the fun. It's that people who can manipulate the gun into killing everyone that kills the fun. It's not the gun, its the person who wields the gun.
    Mostly good CW players use sg (that's like 80% of the players who cw), so what we like is to CW against other good people using sgs.
    Most of us probably hate sprays/revs, but we still can handle it.
    But snipers are just pointless to play against. If you're any decent, you will 2shot anyone 5 seconds before spawning, come on...

Banned

Thanks
    Still tho the point of fairly low skill kills with sniper sucks in CW. Either nerf the gun across the board or not allow it in CW. or make it a choice whether to enter CW with snipers or not.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Hype View Post
    Mostly good CW players use sg (that's like 80% of the players who cw), so what we like is to CW against other good people using sgs.
    Most of us probably hate sprays/revs, but we still can handle it.
    But snipers are just pointless to play against. If you're any decent, you will 2shot anyone 5 seconds before spawning, come on...
    They use sgs because they don't bother to use anything else because they're better at sgs than anything else. Same with snipers. We use snipers because we use snipers better than anything else. Sniper isn't as easy as you all claim it is. Maybe it is against an inexperienced GunZ player, but against decent players? It takes more than just luck.

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    everyone with sniper makes alot of kills... its not about skill. the sniper itself is over powered

11. The following user said thank you to Vickachu for this useful post:

Hype (12-04-2012)

Banned

Thanks
    They use sgs because they don't bother to use anything else because they're better at sgs than anything else. Same with snipers. We use snipers because we use snipers better than anything else. Sniper isn't as easy as you all claim it is. Maybe it is against an inexperienced GunZ player, but against decent players? It takes more than just luck.
    u can keep running from people, the moment u hit one shot, follow it up with 3 double rifle bullets (u suck really really bad if u can't pull this off btw) boom u won the round. OP as it is currently.

13. The following user said thank you to Tomboii for this useful post:

Hype (12-04-2012)

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information