Thanks
    thank you dave for sharing this information

i will play it on my phone this winter

Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by StephanM View Post
    Really smart move by them.
    I don't think it's going to be a succes, but time will tell.

RlCK's Avatar Warzone Rick#22297

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bram View Post
    I don't think it's going to be a succes, but time will tell.
    It's being hyped up everywhere. Huge Facebook pages (UNILAD/LADBible) are sharing posts about osrs mobile, even some Dutch (online) newspapers reported it.
    It will be top of the charts at release for probably weeks and will be a huge hype (probably not as big as Pokémon GO though) and bring in a lot of new players.

Even if a small portion of these new [mobile] players will actually remain playing is still good for the game.
    + OSRS coming to mobile phones, which require the CPU & GPU to perform together in order to run smooth will also mean that OSRS will get better compatibility in the future. There were already (in 2016 and 2017) hints given about uncapped fps (or at least 50fps+), higher details, multi-core & gpu rendering.

⬇️ Feel free to add me on these games ⬇️
    Warzone x FGunZ x LoL EUW x MapleStory

Fay's Avatar Inactive

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by RlCK View Post
    It's being hyped up everywhere. Huge Facebook pages (UNILAD/LADBible) are sharing posts about osrs mobile, even some Dutch (online) newspapers reported it.
    It will be top of the charts at release for probably weeks and will be a huge hype (probably not as big as Pokémon GO though) and bring in a lot of new players.

Even if a small portion of these new [mobile] players will actually remain playing is still good for the game.
    + OSRS coming to mobile phones, which require the CPU & GPU to perform together in order to run smooth will also mean that OSRS will get better compatibility in the future. There were already (in 2016 and 2017) hints given about uncapped fps (or at least 50fps+), higher details, multi-core & gpu rendering.
    It will be overhyped, will probably not live up to expectations and will die a few weeks after release. At least it gives Runescape some attention.

Stuwadie's Avatar I Am Half Retarded

Country
    Thanks
    It will be overhyped, will probably not live up to expectations and will die a few weeks after release. At least it gives Runescape some attention.
    runescape on phone if it runs good im keeping it

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    I will probably play it on my phone when I'm just chilling in bed, but unlikely that I will play it in public lol.
    Besides, we don't know how much data and battery it would use per hour.
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I will probably play it on my phone when I'm just chilling in bed, but unlikely that I will play it in public lol.
    I was thinking about this.
    Doubt my phone could handle it since it cannot even update Instagram of Facebook due space lol.

RlCK's Avatar Warzone Rick#22297

Country
    Thanks
    True and maybe true. Don't think it will be dead after a few weeks as existing players might use it on and off as well. Afking nightmare zone or sand/rock crabs on your phone is a lot easier than having to be on your pc or connect with teamviewer to re-agro xd. The attention is good, even if it is only for a couple of hundred players that will actually keep playing the game. + When the OSRS hype stops, the RS3 app will be released ... so then it will get exposure once again.

Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Battery is something else though... probably comparable with Pokémon GO - the constant need of your gps/location drain. + No way you will play it that intense as Pokémon GO?

⬇️ Feel free to add me on these games ⬇️
    Warzone x FGunZ x LoL EUW x MapleStory

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    In terms of data, OSRS doesn't use a lot tbh. A while back when I played, I'd often bring my laptop and phone with me to some places that didn't have wi-fi access and I'd hotspot my phone. 3-4 hours of total gameplay probably ate 10mb MAX, and that's not accounting for possible background data usage that may have occurred.

As for battery, this can be a do or die situation. This would be the most important aspect imho and still feel uneasy about that.

This is honestly another attempt to grab the western mobile consumer base since we're still not into it as hardcore as Japan is (whale factor there is insane; people spend WAAAY too much, making developers so much $$$). Even if it isn't a huge hit, it's still smart to try and grab an audience.

Page 92 of 121 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread Information