Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Nick-S- View Post
    besides from them changing it `too´ much, what´s bad about it?
    the mechanics?
    lore?

what?
    I'd like to know o.o
    I played Guild Wars for the skill level. It was awesome. You had 8 skill slots, you could mess with your stats to increase different skills, you could chain things together, everything had a point in GW1. I liked the level cap being low, so anyone could PvP with little work, I liked that you could make PvP character already at 20 with PvP gear and skills. I dislike GW2 because it's just another generic MMORPG now. Way too many skills, gear isn't all equal (Which in GW1, if you played it, all gear was the same. the only thing different about people's gear was the runes you could put on them) it's just like other MMORPGs where gear drops and stuff is random stat wise. There are no stats or skill points the way it was in GW1, you put skill points in the actual skills now, and it's kind of dumb. The combat isn't that fun. They kind of screwed it up in my opinion. Should have kept combat like GW1. The crafting is kind of cool, I liked it, but it was once again just like every other generic MMORPG, countless hours spent harvesting materials. Mining, gathering, skinning and what not. The crafting takes the right amount of time to level, the perfect amount of work. The only thing they did right about the game in my eyes. But the gear you can craft with maxed crafting skills is way too good for how easy it is if you just sit around and craft. The lore is really cool, but it's weird. The different races kind of messes some things up from the first game. The lore from the first game is all jumbled up and patchey because you can play different races and technically the charr should be so scarce they shouldn't be able to mass up anymore.

The PvP is not skill based what so ever. You can have a team full of idiots and still win PvP matches. The fact that you can take your level 20 into the PvP zone and it's stuff changes to level 80 is cool and all, but it gives you default PvP gear and you get stomped by some, but you equally destroy others. It just wasn't fun to me.

Originally Posted by Cynical View Post
    I've played RaiderZ it's nice.
    Now Tera- **** yeah.
    Every video on youtube I see of it just makes me want it.
    But my computer q_q_q_q_q_q_q_q
    Tera, was a let down. I played it the night it came out, got to level 50 in about 3 weeks as an archer. I could one shot other level 50s, even some tanks. It's more balanced now, but since they made it more 'balanced' every class gets wrecked by lancers. The grind from 40-50 made me want to commit suicide.

Banned

Thanks
    I was top 5 Slayer in Tera. It's amazing but it's too RNG based. In two months I managed to get lucky enough to have an account that was worth 1 grand, and I didn't play 24/7 and grind, I was just really lucky to get enchantments on first few tries while others spend 100s of tries.

Anyway that game is dying slowly..don't think it will last longer.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by nigg View Post
    I was top 5 Slayer in Tera. It's amazing but it's too RNG based. In two months I managed to get lucky enough to have an account that was worth 1 grand, and I didn't play 24/7 and grind, I was just really lucky to get enchantments on first few tries while others spend 100s of tries.

The game was terrible. After playing Blade and Soul, Tera was a wanna be piece of garbage. You were a slayer, so you could 1v1 almost any class. The game was really dumb. PvP was really one sided. Beautiful looking game, but absolute trash in gameplay.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    The game was terrible. After playing Blade and Soul, Tera was a wanna be piece of garbage. You were a slayer, so you could 1v1 almost any class. The game was really dumb. PvP was really one sided. Beautiful looking game, but absolute trash in gameplay.
    Every class had an OP factor, it wasn't just slayers...

Warrior could stun lock you long enough to take you from full to 0 without you moving.
    Sorcerers could sleep you and void pulse + fireblast from behind and if either crit (something like 25% chance on each..so 50% chance) then you're auto-dead unless you're Lancer.
    Lancer had stupid ass wombo combo stun lock shit which takes you super low..and a 15k damage shield every 15s...and a self heal as a tank class..gg.
    Archers had that 7 second stun..longest in game..then can full charge arrow and 1 shot if they crit from behind.
    Priests never die no matter what.
    Berserkers - okay, they are the one exception, they're just a trash class for 1v1.

Anyway I didn't play BnS but...didn't Tera come out before BnS? How is Tera a wannabe? Tera was released 2 years ago (korean version) and BnS released a few months ago...the only reason BnS is good is because they saw Tera and saw how to improve it, and made a better game. Tera's combat system is fairly unique and very fluid, never seen one like it in any other game that had the things it had.

Anyway, back on topic - RAIDERZ. Free version of Tera and it's pretty fun. Not as good obviously, but a fun alternative.

Joel's Avatar Ex-Minecraft Staff.

Thanks
    eden eternal

Banned

Thanks
    Every class had an OP factor, it wasn't just slayers...

Warrior could stun lock you long enough to take you from full to 0 without you moving.
    Sorcerers could sleep you and void pulse + fireblast from behind and if either crit (something like 25% chance on each..so 50% chance) then you're auto-dead unless you're Lancer.
    Lancer had stupid ass wombo combo stun lock shit which takes you super low..and a 15k damage shield every 15s...and a self heal as a tank class..gg.
    Archers had that 7 second stun..longest in game..then can full charge arrow and 1 shot if they crit from behind.
    Priests never die no matter what.
    Berserkers - okay, they are the one exception, they're just a trash class for 1v1.

Anyway I didn't play BnS but...didn't Tera come out before BnS? How is Tera a wannabe? Tera was released 2 years ago (korean version) and BnS released a few months ago...the only reason BnS is good is because they saw Tera and saw how to improve it, and made a better game. Tera's combat system is fairly unique and very fluid, never seen one like it in any other game that had the things it had.

Anyway, back on topic - RAIDERZ. Free version of Tera and it's pretty fun. Not as good obviously, but a fun alternative.
    Blade and Soul was initially announced and started development before Tera. Tera beat them to a beta but Blade and Soul's gameplay from a dev client was released before hand. Some of the people that worked on Tera worked at NCSoft before, and the company that made tera was sued by NCSoft for some of the elements of the game being copied from BnS to Tera.

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks

Tera has been dying since September.

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Blade and Soul was initially announced and started development before Tera. Tera beat them to a beta but Blade and Soul's gameplay from a dev client was released before hand. Some of the people that worked on Tera worked at NCSoft before, and the company that made tera was sued by NCSoft for some of the elements of the game being copied from BnS to Tera.
    And they lost that lawsuit.

Originally Posted by CamelBoyBashy View Post
    Tera has been dying since September.
    It's been dying since Closed Beta...

Adc all day kk

Thanks
    any is fineeeeeeeeeeeeee. and im currently playing perfect world PS with friend but its sooo boring after getting all the god like shit lmaoo. anything that requires teamwork and stuff is good. need them so my rank teams teamwork( LoL) can improve >.>

I DE BEST.
    U ALL BADDIES.
    GEEEGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Lub u toooooooooooooooo
    ^9Stax^A

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by KingStax View Post
    any is fineeeeeeeeeeeeee. and im currently playing perfect world PS with friend but its sooo boring after getting all the god like shit lmaoo. anything that requires teamwork and stuff is good. need them so my rank teams teamwork( LoL) can improve >.>
    Try playing SMITE, it's easier than LoL imo but it's the same game just third person. There aren't really any good team building games that are free. If you want to build teamwork, I strongly suggest playing CS:GO or start playing custom permade 5v5's on LoL. I've had three diamond accounts, and I can say I spent at least 1000 hours in custom games.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information