Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    I have the feeling that we have some issues with the current forum mod(s). I'm having a strong feeling that not just I feel irritated by the actions taken by them, even if they don't involve myself or any friends.

Just a general thing first, my opinion on how to be a good moderator. I think moderators aren't ment to punish those who do wrong but to help them do the better thing, I think everyone agrees on that.
    However the actions taken to achieve that are going to wrong way if you ask me, I think warnings or infractions are not necessary at all to keep people in this community to behave good. Moderators should be respected as persons and not as mods so they can tell people (not verbal warn) how to behave.

I personally feel that especially StephanM but also Pickachuuu are moderators that often ignore things and start off with immediate (verbal) warnings towards people. I feel very irritated if suddenly I receive an infraction or a warning for something I did, except for the ones I knew I was getting infracted for.

I'll take for example Jakanadin and how he acted in the past, besides that we knew how far we could go he had this thing around him that he just had to tell you to stop and you would do so, of course with exceptions. Unlike Stephan he had earned my respect over time and I accepted him as a forum mod (sounds crazy I know). I know what the big problem is and that is that Stephan and Victor are too much of douchebags as forum mods but also just the nice guys in the community.
    I like them both as persons but the big issue is that they troll, joke and annoy people just as the normal ones do, and unlike mods like Alex who, to me, seem rather more serious and suited for moderator they just joke around. If I look at how Stephan replies towards reports to him and other people he just responds immature, and I don't think that should be accepted.

Don't think that if it was for me that you guys weren't allowed to have fun anymore but you should know your limits better or give up your moderator status. I'll sum some irritations and improvement factors up for myself but I would like to hear the opinions of you guys as well, this thread isn't a personal attack towards you (and victor) but I feel action needs to be taken and issues around the forum should be resolved differently, therefor this thread.

-Ignoring in chatbox
    -Trolling
    -Responding immature
    -Not handling reports professionally
    -Locking threads

2. The following 14 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Adam (01-09-2013), Arkasia (01-10-2013), Ekital (01-10-2013), Hype (01-09-2013), Jaay (01-09-2013), Mime (01-09-2013), Quacks (01-10-2013), Saam (01-09-2013), Thrinaria (01-10-2013), Tonysaurus (01-10-2013), Wanderlust (01-10-2013), Xypher (01-10-2013), Yoda (01-10-2013), Vitality (01-10-2013)

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    I have the feeling that we have some issues with the current forum mod(s). I'm having a strong feeling that not just I feel irritated by the actions taken by them, even if they don't involve myself or any friends.

Just a general thing first, my opinion on how to be a good moderator. I think moderators aren't ment to punish those who do wrong but to help them do the better thing, I think everyone agrees on that.
    However the actions taken to achieve that are going to wrong way if you ask me, I think warnings or infractions are not necessary at all to keep people in this community to behave good. Moderators should be respected as persons and not as mods so they can tell people (not verbal warn) how to behave.

I personally feel that especially StephanM but also Pickachuuu are moderators that often ignore things and start off with immediate (verbal) warnings towards people. I feel very irritated if suddenly I receive an infraction or a warning for something I did, except for the ones I knew I was getting infracted for.

I'll take for example Jakanadin and how he acted in the past, besides that we knew how far we could go he had this thing around him that he just had to tell you to stop and you would do so, of course with exceptions. Unlike Stephan he had earned my respect over time and I accepted him as a forum mod (sounds crazy I know). I know what the big problem is and that is that Stephan and Victor are too much of douchebags as forum mods but also just the nice guys in the community.
    I like them both as persons but the big issue is that they troll, joke and annoy people just as the normal ones do, and unlike mods like Alex who, to me, seem rather more serious and suited for moderator they just joke around. If I look at how Stephan replies towards reports to him and other people he just responds immature, and I don't think that should be accepted.

Don't think that if it was for me that you guys weren't allowed to have fun anymore but you should know your limits better or give up your moderator status. I'll sum some irritations and improvement factors up for myself but I would like to hear the opinions of you guys as well, this thread isn't a personal attack towards you (and victor) but I feel action needs to be taken and issues around the forum should be resolved differently, therefor this thread.

-Ignoring in chatbox
    -Trolling
    -Responding immature
    -Locking threads

i totaly agree

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    Couldn't agree more.

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Jaay's Avatar Freestyler

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post

-Ignoring in chatbox
    -Trolling
    -Responding immature
    -Locking threads
    Let's be honest I didn't read all the text.. I just read a part of it and all the thing u said.. were true! sorry again for the report I did to you back in 2010-2011..

Dust's Avatar vroedoe

Thanks
    I think they're just doing their job but I understand where you're coming from with the fact that they sometimes act unprofessionally, which could be improved. However a mod's job is to warn people (verbally or by infraction) when they aren't folloing the rules. I think you should just deal with it when you get an infraction and learn from your mistake. They are just people too.

Charcoal's Avatar Jacob.

Thanks
    The Devs shouldn't even be forum mods to be honest.

8. The following user said thank you to Charcoal for this useful post:

Arkasia (01-10-2013)

Hype's Avatar Miquel's idol

Thanks
    100% true.
    They're both good persons, but they just don't fit as a forum moderator.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    I think they're just doing their job but I understand where you're coming from with the fact that they sometimes act unprofessionally, which could be improved. However a mod's job is to warn people (verbally or by infraction) when they aren't folloing the rules. I think you should just deal with it when you get an infraction and learn from your mistake. They are just people too.
    The job is not to punish at all times, the job is to make the people behave. They and also you think that needs to be done with infractions and warnings which clearly not always the bests solution, based on the fact I have seen far better mods.

Al-Malik // The King

Country
    Thanks
    I personally dislike how StephanM locks threads.. Sometimes it's not even necesary. I don't really pay attention to Victor as much so I can't really give my opinions about him. I also hate how some of the staff (Mainly StephanM) trolls. You do it a bit too much mate. Like Sludge said, this isn't a personal attack. We're simply requesting that you guys act a bit more professionally. This goes out to all staff ingeneral. For the most part, the GM's, FM's and Dev's do a good job.

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    Just 2 days ago I was banned for absolutely no reason at all, and you know what happens with my report? Nothing.
    https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...746#post503746

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information