Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks
    Originally Posted by HellSniper View Post
    Being new to stuff doesnt mean that you are immune to any form of critisism.

Instead of tracing stuff like a brain-dead person, please start modeling something for real.
    As you can see i wasnt offended by what anyone said, the only ones fighting over what stephan said was the other people. And something that would be helpful is if you guys suggested things to fix some of my problem which is trying to make it less blocky. Instead of telling me i should make orignial things, help me fix the easy stuff first.

HolyFck

Thanks
    Nice try. Keep going

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ZxMega View Post
    As you can see i wasnt offended by what anyone said, the only ones fighting over what stephan said was the other people. And something that would be helpful is if you guys suggested things to fix some of my problem which is trying to make it less blocky. Instead of telling me i should make orignial things, help me fix the easy stuff first.
    The first part wasnt directed at you but rather to the most people here.

The only way to make something less blocky is by being creative, making actual stuff and nothing thats simply traced out of cardboard.
    First, off, look some real modeling tutorials, dont watch these "how to make a gunz weapon" videos ... they are god awefull and only like 2 of them are actualy good videos.
    Watch general modeling tutorials and get a feeling for 3 dimensional space and your imagination.
    The only thing you need to keep in mind for gunz is that you generaly want low poly models and that your textures shouldnt be over 1024x1024 (infact thats already almost to big).

4. The following user said thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

ZxMega (02-03-2013)

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Every model has a stretched texture, and most of them are having a too high face count.

Bad.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    I'm sorry, but everyone who is fighting Stephen is just dumb, no matter how you look at it these models were created incorrectly, and congratulating a guy on his mistakes is just stupid. No one learns from this, and he will just continue to use horrible modeling practices until he gets tired of having sub-par models. You are hurting him more than Stephan has for by killing something important in learning, drive. Tracing a model is simply wrong, taking an image from google and UV Mapping from View is just wrong; this is not someone who is a beginner, it is someone who picked up blender, found out how to extrude things, and made a cardboard model. Allowing someone to continue this way does not help anyone, but the person it will hurt most in the end is the person who is trying to model, because although he puts hours into it, because of you guys, he never improves.
    /rant

Now OP, you need to learn the basics of modeling before you just jump into things.
    1) If you ever watched a tutorial that suggested tracing around the model, find that video, unsubscribe from the person, and put him on your ignore list; he is not worth your time. This method is completely incorrect and will get you nowhere.
    2) When making a cylinder use <10 sides, otherwise you are just wasting polygons.
    3) UV Map from seams
    4) Break your model into multiple parts saving polygons
    5) Do not take renders of weapons from other games, it is disrespectful to the original developers, causes huge memory loss, and wastes valuable texture space.

Below is a video from a guy making a fairly low poly assault rifle, although I don't like everything he has to say, and his model is a little to high for GunZ, it is a better starting place than where ever you are right now. I don't have the time to work from the ground up, so this is the best I can do for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvDxiGmsmMM
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 02-03-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: grammar

7. The following user said thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

StephanM (02-03-2013)

Sad Days

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    I'm sorry, but everyone who is fighting Stephen is just dumb, no matter how you look at it these models were created incorrectly, and congratulating a guy on his mistakes is just stupid. No one learns from this, and he will just continue to use horrible modeling practices until he gets tired of having sub-par models. You are hurting him more than Stephan has for by killing something important in learning, drive. Tracing a model is simply wrong, taking an image from google and UV Mapping from View is just wrong; this is not someone who is a beginner, it is someone who picked up blender, found out hot to extrude things, and made a cardboard model. Allowing someone to continue this way does not help anyone, but the person it will hurt most in the end is the person who is trying to model, because although he puts hours into it, because of you guys, he never improves.
    /rant

Now OP, you need to learn the basics of modeling before you just jump into things.
    1) If you ever watched a tutorial that suggested tracing around the model, find that video, unsubscribe from the person, and put him on your ignore list; he is not worth your time. This method is completely incorrect and will get you nowhere.
    2) When making a cylinder use <10 sides, otherwise you are just wasting polygons.
    3) UV Map from seams
    4) Break your model into multiple parts saving polygons
    5) Do not take renders of weapons from other games, it is disrespectful to the original developers, causes huge memory loss, and wastes valuable texture space.

Below is a video from a guy making a fairly low poly assault rifle, although I don't like everything he has to say, and his model is a little to high for GunZ, it is a better starting place than where ever you are right now. I don't have the time to work from the ground up, so this is the best I can do for now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvDxiGmsmMM
    You should make more tutorials showing how to make weapons, and maps.

9. The following user said thank you to Xypher for this useful post:

Wucas Pls (02-03-2013)

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    To many tutorials = spoonfeeding ppl, making them stupid and be not creative in finding a solution on their own.
    My opinion.

Banned

Thanks
    Those are nice! Good job,

Faint's Avatar Banned

Thanks
    Very nice, good job

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mime View Post
    Just ignore him, he's a show-off. He likes pissing people off instead of saying. "Good job"
    https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...on-*MUST-READ*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information