ILovingThat's Avatar ░Walkin' On The Moon░

Thanks

When I try open a project file that I save in sony vegas 8.0 didn't work on 9.0?

... if anyone can find a solution for me be so great I did many great effect from 8.0 and I save it all on 8.0 today I just installed 9.0 Pro so idk..

Please help those.

=]]

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Some things I found @Google:

"If you have the YourProject.veg.bak file in you directory, open that one by renaming it to YourProject.veg.veg
    Sometimes the Project file gets damaged but the .bak will work"

"The problem has been resolved for me by trawling for other people having COM issues. Try giving full control permissions for "Administrators" using the RegEDIT tool to change permissions on the folder key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetServicesEventlogSecurity". Vegas Pro 8 and the demo of Vegas Pro 9 were both aided by this fix. I'd previously given up on installing this for when I'm using my wife's PC but my ambition to demo VP9 encouraged me to try harder!

Right mouse this folder in regedit. Confirm Administrators is ticked for FULL CONTROL, if it isn't - this might fix all your troubles!

Not sure how Windows gets into a state where you can't control this resource even while you are logged in as an Administrator. Also, YMMV - and only go into regedit if you feel competent that you could change ANYTHING you alter back by yourself please."

"I had similar errors when I upgraded fron Vegas 6 to 8. My errors were from the "Media Generated" media. I went into Vegas 6 and removed them, saved and quit. Opened them up in Vegas 8. Bit of a schlep but it was the only way. "
    It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready.
    I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything.
    There is almost no such thing as ready. There is only now.
    And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good a time as any.

ILovingThat's Avatar ░Walkin' On The Moon░

Thanks
    I give this a shot.

Thanks stroop/

=]]

Thread Information