Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast
    Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Hello there,

I made a thread previously. It got me thinking, what if i actually made all that time i placed into animes useful? So I decided to make this thread and see how it goes.

Basically:
    If you need animes suggestions.
    If you want me to give you a quick review about an anime (seen a lot of them as i said, some exceptions though)
    If you want to discuss an anime
    If you want anything to do with animes in which I can help

Feel free to post it here and/or message me.
    I will try to be here as much as I can if this thread goes well, But i do sleep 6-8 hours a day, so don't rush, I will answer everything as soon as possible.

-Jawarisin

==============
    EDIT

You migth think this thing has been abandonned BUT NO!~

Feel free to post anything related to anime, I will answer to the best of my knowledge. Also feel free to discuss an anime here, this is also what it's made for!
    There is usually a few other peoples lurking around who will be happy to help you

-Jawarisin
    Last edited by StephanM; 11-20-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

Dualage's Avatar 2hu nerdlord

Country
    Thanks
    Well, since you're here...

I NEVER watched Sword Art Online yet, and I have been questioning whether I should or not.

People have told me it started out well but later turned into a pile of "What the **** is going on"...

If you have watched it, would you recommend it at all? I mean this generally, not just through genre favoritism.

I know it's a current craze show, like how Madoka was (Ok bad comparison, but you know what I mean), but it does seem a bit interesting at least... just not sure if it will be a waste of time.

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    Well, since you're here...

I NEVER watched Sword Art Online yet, and I have been questioning whether I should or not.

People have told me it started out well but later turned into a pile of "What the **** is going on"...

If you have watched it, would you recommend it at all? I mean this generally, not just through genre favoritism.

I know it's a current craze show, like how Madoka was (Ok bad comparison, but you know what I mean), but it does seem a bit interesting at least... just not sure if it will be a waste of time.
    pre scriptum: I put a short summary in the end if you don't want to read this.
    No spoilers (I was careful )

Sword Art Online (SAO) starts of nicely, it only depends on if you want a quick'n'go anime where you see lots of action or more of a slow-paced anime. The "intro" where it shows the character, develop their personality is a good 3-4 episodes. It sets up the ground in the next episodes and starts kicking in afterwards.

Currently, the anime has 25 episodes (2 seasons), It will have 2 more seasons at some undetermined date(hopefully)(Total of 4 seasons). There is a whole backstory to this anime if you're interested, but the anime progression is based off a novel. Therefore, there is some more development to the story than most other animes.

The part where peoples usually go "What the **** is going on" is... once they realize the pace at which the story goes. While most animes will follow the main character day-by-day, SAO jumps from event to event and only takes what it needs. So although there is 100 floors, you will see jumps of numerous floors (you can guess it since it's only 25 episodes for 2 seasons). This might lead to some miss comprehensions if you didn't follow the story closely or if you can't follow this kind of pattern. Though, if you watch the anime without doing something else (seen peoples playing video games at the same time or such) you should be able to follow easily and have a pleasant time.

Animes I would say are similar would be the Accel World and .Hack
    Now, they are only similar in context (live video game kinda)(Accel World is by the same author though).

Overall, I think you should give it a try, it's special in it's way of going through the story and goes towards an underdeveloped topic. I consider it like Death Note and such in the way that, you have to try it. You might like it, you might not, but it will DEFINNETLY not be a waste of time to give it a try.

------------
    SHORT SUMMARY

Story is good and original, it does have similarities with .Hack .
    Characters are well developed.
    The art is good, especially fighting scenes and "In-video-game" scenes, but I wouldn't place it in any special category.
    Should you give it a try? Yes.
    -------------

-Jawarisin

PS: If you want more information or if I havn't been clear ennough on some points, feel free to ask, I will add anything needed for you to make a better choice
    PS2: I could be more precise as in the "should you watch it" if you'd tell me animes you watched and liked, a few you disliked and what you usually look for in an anime
    Last edited by Jawarisin; 04-04-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    This is Jawarisin

Ollypayy's Avatar LateDash Kiiiiiiiiinggggg

Thanks
    is boku no pico a good anime

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ollypayy View Post
    is boku no pico a good anime
    Havn't seen it, but I looked it up quickly (rare something I didn't see!) if your into gay ecchi(and/or more?(hentai?)) animes, it's for you.
    Sorry I can't help much here. although I got the feeling this is a troll post.

-Jawarisin
    This is Jawarisin

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    I'm still waiting for good horror type Anime to come out after seeing some ..
    What Anime you watch [ Horror Genre ] like Ghost , etc ..

Country
    Thanks
    Ah, I see. I think I will check it out sometime in the future for sure.

Heh, as I have stated in the past I haven't really watched much within the past 1-2 years (so far apart I can't remember exactly). I am assured I was in the Kugimiya Rie phase, like everyone else goes into (Toradora, Shakugan no Shana, Familiar of Zero). What can I say... she makes the world's greatest tsun voice for any character in any situation that calls for it.

Aaaand before that I was in the action phase of anime. This was around when I was in my mid teens watching Naurto and Bleach. Albeit both started good... one went completely terrible by plot while the other overrun by fandom so hard it became a disaster for me to watch any episode later on knowing people think it's the GREATEST thing alive.

I will be honest, though. The main reason I believe why I am having this pause is because my friend had to re-introduce me to touhou after like 3 years of not bothering with it.

Oh well... that's what I get for being a typical japanese culture fan.

Anyways, all that aside... How well do you think the Dangan Ronpa anime will turn out... if you've heard of it. I loved the LP I read through and thinking this is the perfect way of showing others how great the series is without forcing them to read a LP.

Do I type too much? lol.
    Last edited by Dualage; 04-04-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Originally Posted by PinkL View Post
    I'm still waiting for good horror type Anime to come out after seeing some ..
    What Anime you watch [ Horror Genre ] like Ghost , etc ..
    Can you be more precise, what have you already seen, but I would definetly suggest "Another" if you havn't seen it.

Originally Posted by Dualage View Post
    Ah, I see. I think I will check it out sometime in the future for sure.

Heh, as I have stated in the past I haven't really watched much within the past 1-2 years (so far apart I can't remember exactly). I am assured I was in the Kugimiya Rie phase, like everyone else goes into (Toradora, Shakugan no Shana, Familiar of Zero). What can I say... she makes the world's greatest tsun voice for any character in any situation that calls for it.

Aaaand before that I was in the action phase of anime. This was around when I was in my mid teens watching Naurto and Bleach. Albeit both started good... one went completely terrible by plot while the other overrun by fandom so hard it became a disaster for me to watch any episode later on knowing people think it's the GREATEST thing alive.

I will be honest, though. The main reason I believe why I am having this pause is because my friend had to re-introduce me to touhou after like 3 years of not bothering with it.

Oh well... that's what I get for being a typical japanese culture fan.

Anyways, all that aside... How well do you think the Dangan Ronpa anime will turn out... if you've heard of it. I loved the LP I read through and thinking this is the perfect way of showing others how great the series is without forcing them to read a LP.

Do I type too much? lol.
    I dont think it really matters what phase your in to watch it though, it doesn't look like your attracted to very dark stuff, so it shouldn't be a problem, it has somwhat of everything.

I'm not much into the games, I know touhou of course for it's awesome music (oh yeah it's way awesome). I checked it out as you talked of it, and Dangan Ronpa will be something interesting to see, they might do something really good with it (gotta wait till it airs), although I'm wondering if it won't just be too similar to Special A or Princess Lover (or somewhat of a mix?).

Doubt you type too much, that would most likely be my case if you look at my average post length.

-Jawarisin
    Last edited by Jawarisin; 04-04-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    This is Jawarisin

Eeksdee's Avatar Best Asian Male Dora

Country
    Thanks
    Watched Another already ..
    I forgot the animes I had watch ..

Country
    Thanks
    Yea, Dangan Ronpa (as the game) WAS amazing by its story. And to those who could play it (those who can fluently read and translate Japanese) have said it was decent gameplay wise, but the story was just superior in many ways.

The best way to describe the game is (taken from the LP translator) "Phoenix Wright meets Battle Royale". So many plot twists that you REALLY do not see it coming at all.

I'll summarize it without major spoilers...

Spoiler!

There is SO much more I could talk about, but anything more than that will spoil the good stuff.

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information