Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    DesiBoii's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Country
    Thanks
    Guys why are we fighting, let's actually take the time to praise RandomHero for once & thank him for the time he put into his work.

LaceUp's Avatar Donator

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by KingHaze View Post
    "it looks way better"
    but it's not required, especially not in gunz, because we can't fcking prone in gunz.

Didn't read it because I was creating ma post .
    So?, running around with a ugly ass weapon ain't fun heheuheu.

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    Originally Posted by LaceUp View Post
    I'm not stupid. But it looks way better with, then without it.
    this is an opinion. some would say it would look better and others would say it would look bad. but the problem is that he wants to lower his polys so the best thing would be to remove it because it is not really neccecairy for the model.

4. The following user said thank you to Vickachu for this useful post:

Juriën (04-26-2013)

Juriën's Avatar :(){ :|: & };:

Country
    Thanks
    So?, running around with a ugly ass weapon ain't fun heheuheu.
    as long as it shoots it's okay, why do you think I look like a power ranger frog, it ain't fancy yo

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by RandomHero View Post
    Alright i know i been sharing this in chatbox but i wanted everyone to see it, alot of people asked me to make a Barrett for sniping so i did make one and here it is
    forgot who asked me so i just thought id make a thread so they can see it but i hope everyone else enjoys it aswell and hopfully see it ingame soon

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psf43ecb63.png
    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psbe53e9ab.png
    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psd0fb302b.png
    http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/...psf510797e.png
    Okay let me start hating. Well its all honest but this model is really bad, especially for a developer. I know you don't like me and I know that I don't like you but this is an opinion on the model, not entirely towards you.

First of all, you're investing faces in the wrong sections. You apply around 30 faces just for the rubber things the gun is on, while you invest 4 on the bad ass point of the barret. The point of the barret is in my opinion one of the few key factors you'd see in-game and is also what makes the barret the barret.

Now the center of the gun is just an extruded box (you can see this good in the last screenshot). Also the trigger is boxy as hell and the handle as well. Now the handle and the trigger party okay, you'll barely see them but its still pretty ugly.

The scope has to many cylinders, this is investing faces in the wrong parts AGAIN. This can easily be textured as well.

The shoulder parts looks really messed up, I don't know what you did with your geometry there but it has a bad flow.

It looks like you made this model with basic objects only, you made boxes and cylinders and extruded and scaled some parts, try to have better edgeflows in your models because box modeling doesn't work for games. Actually it works for barely nothing, could only think of render environment. Anyways that doesn't matter

The way you texture your gun is also pretty hilarious, you give everything a plain color and dodge/burn or add shadows, this isn't texturing. It looks really amateur the way you textured it.

Overall I would give this model 1 out of 10 points for the effort you put it in it, please don't be stupid and learn from my advice. Again, this is one of the reason I don't understand you got this position, 600 faces for a box model weapon? Should be 200.

I'm not stupid. But it looks way better with, then without it.
    Please remove yourself from this discussion, you have 0 knowledge about development. All you can do is look at something and say if you like it or not. The model isn't usable for gunz, a moron like you might understand it if we say it this way.
    Last edited by slugheady; 04-26-2013 at 02:03 PM.

7. The following 3 users say thank you to slugheady for this useful post:

Paradise Heaven (04-28-2013), StephanM (04-26-2013), Vickachu (04-26-2013)

Ommadawn's Avatar Bird + Trash = ?

Country
    Thanks
    Very nice

LaceUp's Avatar Donator

Country
    Thanks
    Please remove yourself from this discussion, you have 0 knowledge about development. All you can do is look at something and say if you like it or not. The model isn't usable for gunz, a moron like you might understand it if we say it this way.
    Cute.

HellSniper's Avatar Mad Scientist

Country
    Thanks
    without it, it aint no 50cal.
    Actualy the muzzle brake is iconic for 50 cal rifles, not the bipods.

11. The following user said thank you to HellSniper for this useful post:

RandomHero (04-26-2013)

StephanM's Avatar 🌹

Country
    Thanks
    Thanks I was too lazy to take snapshots.

RandomHero's Avatar The Newgen Developer

Thanks
    alright first of all everyone chill out, second i understand what laceup is saying when i myself think of a barrett i think of that ugly as hell bipod LOL thats the main reason i've added it here but then again what vickachu is saying is also right because its not essential to have on the model its just a add on i mean without it, it doesnt make it any less of a barrett, as hellsniper said its more the muzzle that makes it a 50. cal and im gonna go over the model again before i class it as 100% just to cut out those minor errors i made because i rushed it but its ok ill get the verts around 500 and it will be a decent model but thanks for taking your time to point out a few things slug and haze. and slug im not gonna lie i didn't read half of your post because honestly your not trying to help me your trying to make me out to be that kid that knows nothing and will never know nothing, i feel nothing but hate from you and i feel like your trying to run me and everything i do into the ground, you sound so knowledgeable but your ego gets in the way of helping anyone and i mean ive seen you do this to LOTS of people and mate your a joke, i understand what your saying but i cant take it into account because your an absolute jerk about it.
    Last edited by RandomHero; 04-26-2013 at 07:03 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information