Thanks
    Good job
    Nice map

2. The following user said thank you to Ryöu for this useful post:

Bud (05-09-2013)

Bud's Avatar I'm too old for this sh*t

Thanks
    Originally Posted by slugheady View Post
    You should work on your proportions and textures.

Let me sum some things up:
    -The door height seems alright, the wall starting above the door is about 1.5 times as big as the door itself, doesn't make sense.
    -You use outside brick textures for an inside building
    -You fill the halls with object, which doesn't really make it playable
    -It seems as if there is only 1 route to walk
    -The tile / scale of the brick isn't in proportion as well (too big).
    -Desks are about neck height(desk should be just where the legs end)
    -Make both doors for rooms be open, 1 is too hard to get into and causes frustrations.

Besides all that it looks pretty repetitive, work on your level design.
    I apologize and am aware of all of these flaws(Except the Desks, they're fine and are turned on their sides), I made this about 2 years ago and was finally able to light map it, future releases won't be so shotty but I just really wanted to get it out there once I figured the lighting out because of the popularity of my Elementary Map, which in my opinion was alot worse when it comes to scaling and texture proportion. As for the bricks inside, that's how my High School was modeled and I actually made the textures to scale from my old High School. Both rooms are in fact open, and the objects in the hallways do not get in the way of gameplay. I expect my map to be another Infected map anyways so we'll see where it goes. Also, my map is circular there isnt only 1 route to walk. Before you review my maps, please play them because clearly you havn't. Appreciate the feedback none-the-less. You'll be seeing better from me in the future.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    This just screams "I MADE THIS IN RADIANT".

Minimal detail, over sized objects, no lightmap, .-.

Last edited by Wucas Pls; 05-09-2013 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    This just screams "I MADE THIS IN RADIANT".

Minimal detail, over sized objects, no lightmap, .-.
    Everything is properly scaled to everything in my High School at the time I made this and yes it is light mapped, and is in fact meant to simulate fluorescent lighting. (Another Example : Exit Signs -- Watch the Video)
    Last edited by Bud; 05-09-2013 at 11:25 AM.

slugheady's Avatar ୧༼***༽୨

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gracefull View Post
    I apologize and am aware of all of these flaws(Except the Desks, they're fine and are turned on their sides), I made this about 2 years ago and was finally able to light map it, future releases won't be so shotty but I just really wanted to get it out there once I figured the lighting out because of the popularity of my Elementary Map, which in my opinion was alot worse when it comes to scaling and texture proportion. As for the bricks inside, that's how my High School was modeled and I actually made the textures to scale from my old High School. Both rooms are in fact open, and the objects in the hallways do not get in the way of gameplay. I expect my map to be another Infected map anyways so we'll see where it goes. Also, my map is circular there isnt only 1 route to walk. Before you review my maps, please play them because clearly you havn't. Appreciate the feedback none-the-less. You'll be seeing better from me in the future.
    I meant both doors to be open. Maybe your highschool was made that way, but I'm pretty sure they don't make these kinda bricks this big nowadays. Besides the fact that its pretty rough, so also dangerous for inside a school, it just looks unnatural

I'm not going to argue with you, and yeah maybe it'll be a good infected map. However, the scaling and the level design isn't that good, that is my opinion but I'm pretty sure there is lots of room for improvement.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gracefull View Post
    Everything is properly scaled to everything in my High School at the time I made this and yes it is light mapped, and is in fact meant to simulate fluorescent lighting. (Another Example : Exit Signs -- Watch the Video)
    You make me work sir, and honestly if you have to point out what things are light mapped, you probably should work on it some more. Your lockers are 2.4m when I have never seen a single locker over 2m.
    Call it nitpicking or whatever, but a +/- 20% difference in ratio is not "properly scaled" imho.

Last edited by Wucas Pls; 05-09-2013 at 12:11 PM.

8. The following user said thank you to Wucas Pls for this useful post:

Bud (05-09-2013)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    You make me work sir, and honestly if you have to point out what things are light mapped, you probably should work on it some more. Your lockers are 2.4m when I have never seen a single locker over 2m.
    Call it nitpicking or whatever, but a +/- 20% difference in ratio is not "properly scaled" imho.

http://puu.sh/2PPHK.png
    I love how that pic basically show's it is to scale. The lockers here in Canada are a bit bigger than the one's your used to seeing I'm sure. I'm glad you took the time to try and prove some point that isn't worth proving anyways, in accordance with what I know and have seen, they are correctly scaled. Thanks for the opinion though.

And also, I'm not trying to spend a lot of time on this map as I have new maps coming out soon that need my attention, this is just something I've been trying to release somewhere for about 2 and a half years. While it may not be perfect I can guarantee solid game play, balanced spawn points, and lots of little things to entertain during downtime; such as Elementary.
    Last edited by Bud; 05-09-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Mime's Avatar Real Nigga Talkin .

Country
    Thanks
    My school lockers aren't over 2.0m and I live in Canada, just saying.

I ain't gay but 20$ is 20$ - Taint 2016/2017

Divine's Avatar Ex Head Game Moderator

Country
    Thanks
    That looks awesome!

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

12. The following user said thank you to Divine for this useful post:

Bud (05-09-2013)

Donator

Thanks
    http://voices.yahoo.com/teenager-arr...of-329545.html

better delete this or you'll get arrested. guns + high school = get some nuts in a rage!!!
    IGN:SpeedGod
    Level 73

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information