Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Zain View Post
    i liked katanagatari and i havent seen trigun or shiki, i just know they're what op somewhat looks for.
    Fate staynight/zero series
    Fate Zero and Fate Zero 2. That's better than Fate staynight and more recent. And I hated Katanagtari because of the character art style, shit was annoying and unbearable to look at.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by CamelBoyBashy View Post
    And I hated Katanagtari because of the character art style, shit was annoying and unbearable to look at.
    That art style was why I picked up the show (and because it is the same LN writer as ~monogatari).

I ended up watched Katanagatari in 1 sitting. (I think it comes out to 10-11 hours of watch time?) o.o

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    That art style was why I picked up the show (and because it is the same LN writer as ~monogatari).

I ended up watched Katanagatari in 1 sitting. (I think it comes out to 10-11 hours of watch time?) o.o
    Lol well we all have our different likes. I just think that art style is old as ****.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Lol well we all have our different likes. I just think that art style is old as ****.
    Dont worry, Im watching Kaiji and hating every minute of it because of their art style. I totally understand what you mean...
    Spoiler!

Edit: How did you not like Shiki? Next your going to tell me Higurashi was bad too T.T. I fall in love with any mystery series.
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 05-17-2013 at 08:04 AM.

pilipino93's Avatar Former Staff

Country
    Thanks
    How is that Aoi Exorcist? I think I heard about it before but never really looked it up. And recently, I finished Tri.nity Blood (forum auto censors it I guess due to advertising? just delete the period .) and Zombie Loan. Both are scy-fy like.

Tri.nity Blood is Vampire fiction anime based in Rome / Europe. Great story line and action, mostly about Humans (The Vatican as its own military force) versus Vampires (properly known as Methuselah). It really isn't your typical modern-day vampire, which I really liked about the anime. The anime doesn't portray the entire storyline / background info which sucks, even though it's 24 episodes I think. So basically 900 years ago, there is a high population rate so the United Nations send colonists to populate Mars and they find 2 alien technologies, Bacillus virus and Crusnik Nanomachines. Colonists injected themselves with the virus and became Methuselahs / Vampires. They installed the Crusnik into 4 babies which created the species known as Crusniks which are powerful beings that feed on the blood Vampires. So after a long waging war leading to the Armageddon, an event that almost devastated the entire human race, the colonists returned to earth to help rebuild and war broke out bewteen humans and Methuselah. Story takes place 900 years after Armageddon and centers around the Crusnik Abel Nightroad. It can get extremely confusing at first but trust me, you'll love it.

Zombie Loan got really confusing for me at first. Main character is Kita Michiru who can see when people are about to die when light rings form around people's necks and when it goes pitch black they're about to die. She meets two guys in her highschool, Akatsuki Chika and Tachibana Shito (love the name right? ;D) who have pitch black rings and hunt zombies for an agency called Zombie Loan. So Michiru ends up working for Zombie Loan, which is an agency that hunts Zombies, some of these zombies are plain old "eat brains" looking zombies. Others are people who died, don't know they died and are somehow still walking about (I think that's right I forgot), and then there's zombies like Chika and Shito who have signed with an agency that will keep them alive (they still have pitch black rings) for doing something in exchange for the loaners. In Zombie Loan's case, they are being kept alive until they earn enough money by hunting zombies and helping them pass on to the after life. It got really confusing for early in the anime hahah. This anime has decent action but it's more comedy than anything. It also got cut off short idk why but it's only 13 episodes, was suplposed to be 20+. This also has some moe and fan service if you're into that stuff ;3

Right now I'm watching Vampire Knight (I know, I'm on a role with all these zombies and vampires and shiet lol). 13 eps of Vampire Knight se1 and 13 eps of Vampire Knight Guilty se2. These are your more typical Vampires. Pretty good action and comedy, I'd have to say it's leaning more towards a drama since there's a love triangle going about. Pretty much about this girl, Yuuki who was saved by a pure blood when she was little and she loves him, but her orphan brother (her brother and herself were adopted by an ex-zombie hunter who created an academy / highschool with the pureblood that saved Yuuki in order to create friendly bonds with Humans and Vampires alike; also Vampires are currently make believe to the entire human race) Zero likes her she lke shim too I guess.

Anyway they're all good but still none of them beat Angel Beats! imo. Check em out if you're interested

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    Dont worry, Im watching Kaiji and hating every minute of it because of their art style. I totally understand what you mean...

Edit: How did you not like Shiki? Next your going to tell me Higurashi was bad too T.T. I fall in love with any mystery series.
    Never tried Higurashi before.

ZAIN's Avatar ʎlǝuol os ɯ,I

Country
    Thanks
    i was annoyed by the katanagatari art style too, but after 2 episodes you get used to it and it's a pretty good watch

pilipino93's Avatar Former Staff

Country
    Thanks
    Never tried Higurashi before.
    Higurashi no Naku Koro ni is a crazy ass anime!! I stopped 3 episodes before the first season. I need to finish it haha, really great story and really confusing at first. One of the best mystery / horror anime I've ever watched, definitely recommend it

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Watch the Bible Black dub. It's fantastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information