Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Avatus Ifrit's Avatar the Legacy of Salem
    I went from having a stable 30-50 ping yesterday to having 1k+ ping today. I've restarted my computer, ran scans...even checked my internet at speedtest.net. its not my internet, and its not a virus or mishap . - . can someone tell me wtf happened?

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    I'm having the same problem, I restarted my laptop, unplugged my modem and all that jazz and My fps still goes to a low 10 every time i load up Gunz

this is not an fps issue with me. It is a ping issue ~.~

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    What kind of security do you have on your router? ,_,

Someone could've gotten into it.

Edit, you said speedtest came in fine:

I would try opening a few more ports, under options -> misc, try going from 7700 -> 7900 or something.

oooooooh. What are the ports suppose to be set to? because mine is set to 7700-7800.

I still dont understand why this occured out of nowhere. I've been running smoothly for a few weeks now after I downloaded spybot and started using that to scan o , o and my router has a long and awkward password o , o I don't think anybody is tapping into it O_O

Sonji's Avatar Dapper AF

Country
    Thanks
    My fps is related to my ping If my fps is low, I Spike if I Spike, My ping is high.

Heyy Yoshi irrrr

Thanks
    We got same problem dude. I suspected that update ._.

Originally Posted by Sonji View Post
    My fps is related to my ping If my fps is low, I Spike if I Spike, My ping is high.
    Fps does not effect ping. Fps is dependent on your graphics card. I get about 40 ping solid in most rooms and I manage just fine, my ping has been reasonable for most of the time I've spent on fg, regardless of my constant slow fps.

you should try scanning your comp with spybot. Alot of antivirus's don't dig as deep o , o my biggest problems were with registry errors. I thought my lag had been fps problems too.

Originally Posted by Yoshu View Post
    We got same problem dude. I suspected that update ._.
    I agree.

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Invoke View Post
    oooooooh. What are the ports suppose to be set to? because mine is set to 7700-7800.

I still dont understand why this occured out of nowhere. I've been running smoothly for a few weeks now after I downloaded spybot and started using that to scan o , o and my router has a long and awkward password o , o I don't think anybody is tapping into it O_O
    If it has a WEP security or WPA + (I think its SPK but it could be PGS) those can be cracked.
    The port range can be extended, btw do you have multiple NAT connections?

Originally Posted by 1Mike1 View Post
    If it has a WEP security or WPA + (I think its SPK but it could be PGS) those can be cracked.
    The port range can be extended, btw do you have multiple NAT connections?
    I don't know. There are three other computers connected to the router...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information