Blastburn94's Avatar 16-Year GunZ Veteran

Country
    Thanks
    I have a 1080p monitor and I was wondering if there was any way I could fix the FOV, client-side. The current problem is that at resolutions farther away from 4: 3 (like 16:9), I have the viewing angle cut off at the top and bottom. Normally when you are looking straight ahead, you can see your feet - not the case with widescreen monitors. It cuts off from your knees and below.I know it has the same effect with the top of the screen, too. Would there be any way to remedy this problem? I know I can revert to those resolutions and disable scaling if I wanted to, but the screen size would be so small that it'd be hard to play. Is this something that has been hard-coded into the engine or does it have a simple fix?

Also, when force-enabling anti-aliasing through the graphics card, I get severe graphical errors with the text. (See the images) Things like lines underneath, above, behind, or in front of the characters appear. If I also enable morphological filtering, text becomes "rounded" and begins to look unreadable. Would this just be an error with combining a game that doesn't support anti-aliasing and force-enabling it, or just my computer? Would there be a fix for this?

My current setup if you need it:

Dell ST2310 1920x1080p 21.5" Monitor, Dell 1280x1024p Monitor
    ASRock Z77 Motherboard, 6.0Gbps, USB 3.0, PCI-E 3.0
    Intel i7 3770K (4 Cores, 8 Threads @ 3.5GHz)
    AMD Radeon HD 5870 Graphics Card, 1GB VRAM, 850 MHz Core, 1200 MHz Memory
    16 GB DDR3-1600 RAM
    1.5 TB 7200 RPM Hard Drive

The game is perfectly playable, with the exception of these issues. Any help or information regarding these issues would be greatly appreciated. I'd also gladly give out more details if needed.

vFOV No MLAA.jpg
    vFOV MLAA.jpg

Thanks
    Ill' bump because I have the same problem.

3. The following user said thank you to Taiki for this useful post:

Blastburn94 (05-24-2013)

Thread Information