Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Joel's Avatar Ex-Minecraft Staff.

Thanks
    its rly not hard to get in a event. But u can't have large rooms because , especially, annoying people just ignoring the host and causing the event to run twice as long because of it. Also, the issue with lagg would annoy everyone and then they will just complain to the gm's or hosters because they can actually do something '-' (sarcasm)

Prone's Avatar Honesty is key ~

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by ccharlie999 View Post
    So here's the thing. You have 60 people in the event channel waiting to barge into a 32-person event. Since you type slow, you never get into any events because everyone else types the password faster than you do. This has been the problem with me and I'm not even that slow of a typer. I'm at 70 wpm and I've missed the last 7 events that I tried to enter. Quite frankly, I'm pissed.

So basically, there needs to start being 2 events at the same time so that all 60 people can participate. OR: make it possible to have a 64 person room (which would lag I'm assuming, so probably a bad idea). I'm not sure, maybe 64 people wouldn't be too bad, but something's got to change about this.
    I agree, yet disagree. Try clicking on the room when the event team puts a [notice] saying, "And the password is...." then prepare to type in the appropriate password, but i do understand your conflict and it is unfair to those who do not type as fast.
    Credits to Azuki

* ~ Obsessed With Love ~ *
    +*~Give me your Heart; I'll give you my Life~*+
    Check out my poems at: http://meaningbehindit.blogspot.com/

Banned

Thanks
    learn to type fast bro

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike Jr View Post
    learn to type fast jo
    ^^
    This.

Google's Avatar 눈 ͜ಎ눈

Thanks
    Not because you type slower; it depends on latency too. I have kind of high latency but I'm a fast typer so I get in. :c

Banned

Thanks
    Heres what I do, I press the room getting ready to type.

Right hand: Keep your middle finger on "L" Your Index Finger on "M"

Left Hand: Keep your Ring,Index,Middle Finger on ASD. In that order.

Reason to start keep your fingers on those keys is because you have your thumbs for support if they dont start off with any of those letter. From my experience, I've never had to type in an event password starting with any of the top keys except "O".

And if it does just quickly re adust, and also keep your pinky on "Enter" Incase its a short password and you dont have to do too much finger movement.
    Last edited by Sloppy; 06-12-2013 at 01:05 AM.

-Logician's Avatar ( ._.)

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    I always host a second room if there are more than 50-60 people in the event channel. Miranda and I do that all the time. We can't do events with more than 32 people, the events would take way too long.
    Originally Posted by Adorable View Post
    We always try have 2 rooms going during 1 event.
    I know it can be frustrating trying to get into the events but we are trying our best to give everyone a fair shot at participating.
    Unfortunately, the max players per room is set to 32.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Perhaps try to type faster?
    Thank you to both of you. I have seen this and I really appreciate it. I'm sure after the new event team members are selected, this will happen more consistently.

Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    ill give u a trick, maybe ur new and dont know this
    before they announce the pass, double ckick the room so u can type the pass while being able to read chat
    now u can get in no problem kk ggnore
    I've always done that. Hasn't helped lately.

Originally Posted by Legends View Post
    I see where you are coming from but if they make 2 events then it is going to be TOO easy to get coins. Also, you can convert event points into coins which will be bad for this server. I think it is fine just the way it is right now, you should just learn to type faster
    As you can see from reading this thread, they actually do have 2 events at the same time sometimes, which is good. Gives everyone an opportunity.

Originally Posted by yousif009 View Post
    learn to type fast bro
    Thanks for your amazing input. I never thought of that.

Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post

Reason to start keep your fingers on those keys is because you have your thumbs for support if they dont start off with any of those letter. From my experience, I've never had to type in an event password starting with any of the top keys except "O".

And if it does just quickly re adust, and also keep your pinky on "Enter" Incase its a short password and you dont have to do too much finger movement.
    This is useful information. I'll definitely keep that in mind. Thank you for your advice.
    IGN: -Logician
    Previous IGN: -WyN-
    Clan: Smile

Sparks's Avatar Freestyler

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Sloppy View Post

if i get EM, im making the password to my room "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

but honestly, i think we're exaggerating the difficulty of getting in, as long as u dont make a typo u generally get in?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information