Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thanks
    Alright so about 3 days ago people started to say I was spiking. I have never had this issue because I'm not wireless and have a great Internet plan. So when I'm in a duel or what ever I see everyone with the normal pings ( players iv played with in the past) but they say my ping is jumping around which I didn't believe for awhile because to my understanding ping goes both ways ( if he sees me at 20 I see him at 20) but this has been happening quite a bit and people are starting to call me unlegit which clearly is not the case. I'm guessing its some NAT error but I don't know why it's only one way. Has this been happening to anyone else? My IGN is Blunt.
    Ps: I haven't been on today so idk of it is still occurring.

Ch4rmander's Avatar Junior Member

Thanks
    if you got a NAT problem try to portforward your router/modem

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Ch4rmander View Post
    if you got a NAT problem try to portforward your router/modem
    Like I said it just suddenly started happening 3 days ago. I see maybe 1/5 players with a 200+ spiky ping ( i know its me)and the rest are completely stable. They say my movements are glitchy so this gives me a huge advantage over players. My port has been forwarded for 4 years lol no changes have been made. It doesn't say NAT to players but its the only thing I got. This is extremely weird and iv never seen / heard of this happening before.

Cobra's Avatar :>

Thanks
    Is your computer slow which is unusual, and are you getting weird errors?
    If yes, scan your computer for viruses.

Is your computer REALLY slow?
    If it is, that could be the issue.

If none of the above, format your computer.
    For Freestyle GunZ upcoming updates and ideas, support and news/information visit:
    Linear88 Blog (Click!)

Signature by George.

Thanks
    My computer speed would affect fps not ping and if it did it wouldn't explain why it is only one way, it's the one way ping that's mind ****ing me. I'm going to go ingame and try to get someone to ss my ping and ill ss theirs then post here. My pc has not been anymore slow than usual. No unusual activities or downloads.

ijjiMilan's Avatar New Member
    post your processes when this happens.
    20k ijji forum posts | 2k Aeria forum posts | 1 ijji crown | Ex-GameSage (Aeria)

IGN: Milan1337 | ijjiMilan | Femilan
    Clan: Lesbians | Azure | Level: 65

Cobra's Avatar :>

Thanks
    Originally Posted by friddy22 View Post
    My computer speed would affect fps not ping and if it did it wouldn't explain why it is only one way, it's the one way ping that's mind ****ing me. I'm going to go ingame and try to get someone to ss my ping and ill ss theirs then post here. My pc has not been anymore slow than usual. No unusual activities or downloads.
    If your computer is REALLY slow it does effect your ping.
    Try to scan for viruses.
    For Freestyle GunZ upcoming updates and ideas, support and news/information visit:
    Linear88 Blog (Click!)

Signature by George.

Steff's Avatar Kira I am lonely </3

Thanks
    Originally Posted by friddy22 View Post
    Alright so about 3 days ago people started to say I was spiking. I have never had this issue because I'm not wireless and have a great Internet plan. So when I'm in a duel or what ever I see everyone with the normal pings ( players iv played with in the past) but they say my ping is jumping around which I didn't believe for awhile because to my understanding ping goes both ways ( if he sees me at 20 I see him at 20) but this has been happening quite a bit and people are starting to call me unlegit which clearly is not the case. I'm guessing its some NAT error but I don't know why it's only one way. Has this been happening to anyone else? My IGN is Blunt.
    Ps: I haven't been on today so idk of it is still occurring.
    Ok, I think what is wrong.
    Your internet, it loses packages sometimes probably because your downloading or something or more people are using your internet.
    This doesnt effect ping but does cause random spikes that last a few seconds.
    Also low fps can cause spike. If you set max 17 fps with a recording program it makes you very laggy and everyone has 150 static ping. even tho they were 20 ping before.
    Above 30 FPS it doesnt effect your ping.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Steff View Post
    Ok, I think what is wrong.
    Your internet, it loses packages sometimes probably because your downloading or something or more people are using your internet.
    This doesnt effect ping but does cause random spikes that last a few seconds.
    Also low fps can cause spike. If you set max 17 fps with a recording program it makes you very laggy and everyone has 150 static ping. even tho they were 20 ping before.
    Above 30 FPS it doesnt effect your ping.
    That's to an extreme , no ones had 30 fps on gunz since 2006 and you wouldn't be able to do anything either. i have a stable ping of 333 in duel rooms which is where this has been happening most. people say it's my ping that jumps from 100-300 or what ever it is. the difference in fps can cause other players to see my glitchy if my fps is higher than them but it wouldn't cause the ping to change what so ever.

i looked at my processes and see a few fishy processes , like 2 taskeng.exe and unsecapp.exe , did some research and see nothing wrong with them , i may be wrong and would love some input.

EDIT : setpointII is my logitech g9x program

Dave's Avatar 1' or 1=1--

Country
    Thanks
    Did you restart your modem/router yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information