Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Vickachu View Post
    he didnt say anything about stupid. just about the level of intelligence. he has a point though. Religion was created in a world were you could die at any moment by anything. People had a need to feel safe. but along the way we found a way to educate ourselves and we are getting smarter and smarter. Alot of people don't need religion anymore because they can feel safe and good without it.
    Being "safe" isn't the only purpose of religions. It is also to instil morals upon the youth so they know right from wrong.

Bunnychaser's Avatar Severe Tire Damage

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
    Being "safe" isn't the only purpose of religions. It is also to instil morals upon the youth so they know right from wrong.

morals... like getting raped by your 'father'.

Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    Hey, now they paved paradise
    To put up a parking lot.

3. The following user said thank you to Bunnychaser for this useful post:

Vickachu (07-01-2013)

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
    Ghost exist hence evil exist hence God probably does exist Atheism is false. My high school had a mass hysteria. Tonnes of people got possessed.
    I doubt it's ghosts, I perceive them to be evil spirits. You have a point though!
    If there's a devil that exists in this world, wouldn't you think God does too?
    Good spirits are angels
    Tomorrow comes today

5. The following user said thank you to Lorrainé for this useful post:

Min (07-01-2013)

Farmer Bashy's Avatar FGunZ E.L.I.T.E Member

Thanks
    he didnt say anything about stupid. just about the level of intelligence. he has a point though. Religion was created in a world were you could die at any moment by anything. People had a need to feel safe. but along the way we found a way to educate ourselves and we are getting smarter and smarter. Alot of people don't need religion anymore because they can feel safe and good without it.
    Also, rofl. I just read over what he said and I still don't find anything you stated being even remotely close to the point he was trying to bring across. I understand what YOU mean, but you misinterpreted what he said. What he actually said was basically "religion was made back in the days when people had a low as **** iq, now that we are smarter why do we still need religion". Nothing about feeling safe. What he was trying to say is that our ancestors were retards and they made religions, and since "we are a lot smarter" than them we shouldn't believe in religions anymore.

Thanks
    I SUMMON THE POWERS OF GAEA AND OURANOS TO PERMANENTLY BANISH THIS THREAD TO... uh... gaea's stomach.

or wherever hell is.

(since you guys know some ghosts, maybe we can get some tactical nukes up in here? they only cost 100 minerals and 100 vespene)
    Last edited by Bunnychaser; 07-01-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    To put up a parking lot.

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    Originally Posted by iAba View Post
    What wouldn't be true about it? Why do you think it's not true? Why do you go against it? Why are you living then? What's your goal after life?
    (Not attacking you, I'm curious)
    the notion of heaven and hell was created by the acient egyptians who believed that when you died your soul was transported to the underworld (hell). there your hearth would be placed on a balance with some items that represents justice. if in balance you would enter paradise. if not a crockodile god would eat you for ever. this concept has been re-used. It was a way to scare people into behaving. your god only exists for about 2000 years in the 10000 years of human existance. (let me not even talk about the existance of earth and the universe). humans arn't special at all.

I go against it because i wont let a book tell me what is wrong and right. I can make up my own mind about that by properly investigating these matters instead of putting your mind to 0 and just follow everyone.

My goal in life is to have a good time and enjoy to the fullest. since there isnt any proper evidence of life ather death (we just dont know) I just want to do everything i want to do in THIS life.

Min's Avatar Donator

Thanks
    the notion of heaven and hell was created by the acient egyptians who believed that when you died your soul was transported to the underworld (hell). there your hearth would be placed on a balance with some items that represents justice. if in balance you would enter paradise. if not a crockodile god would eat you for ever. this concept has been re-used. It was a way to scare people into behaving. your god only exists for about 2000 years in the 10000 years of human existance. (let me not even talk about the existance of earth and the universe). humans arn't special at all.

I go against it because i wont let a book tell me what is wrong and right. I can make up my own mind about that by properly investigating these matters instead of putting your mind to 0 and just follow everyone.

My goal in life is to have a good time and enjoy to the fullest. since there isnt any proper evidence of life ather death (we just dont know) I just want to do everything i want to do in THIS life.
    But ghost aka evil spirits do exist. That proves something lol.

FGunZ IGN : Mode
    Clan : -

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
    But ghost aka evil spirits do exist. That proves something lol.
    tactical nukes son
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    To put up a parking lot.

Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks

LOL Ancient Eqyptians? Is that how far back you think religion existed? Don't forget about the Akkadians! They were way back before Ancient Egypt and Assyria.
    You obviously believe in evolution, I won't argue against that. That's YOUR belief. Who adherents are following the herd like a sheep with Christianity?
    That's right, you don't understand. You think every religion is the same and interpret it the wrong way. Well, no one is stopping you
    from 'LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST', question is, what if there was a God? This is a transcendent dimension we're speaking of. Something supernatural.
    Way beyond worldly perspectives. After you die, do you believe you will physically rot in the ground and that's it? Why are we here then?
    Tomorrow comes today

Thanks
    Originally Posted by iAba View Post
    LOL Ancient Eqyptians? Is that how far back you think religion existed? Don't forget about the Akkadians! They were way back before Ancient Egypt and Assyria.
    You obviously believe in evolution, I won't argue against that. That's YOUR belief. Who adherents are following the herd like a sheep with Christianity?
    That's right, you don't understand. You think every religion is the same and interpret it the wrong way. Well, no one is stopping you
    from 'LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST', question is, what if there was a God? This is a transcendent dimension we're speaking of. Something supernatural.
    Way beyond worldly perspectives. After you die, do you believe you will physically rot in the ground and that's it? Why are we here then?
    zoroastrianism 2013

-- NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED --
    Last edited by Bunnychaser; 07-01-2013 at 08:54 AM.
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    To put up a parking lot.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread Information