Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Lorrainé's Avatar 完全に不完全な

Country
    Thanks
    Also, you can have a good time in life with a religion lol, what makes it seem to be so bad/harsh or punishing?
    Tomorrow comes today

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    Originally Posted by iAba View Post
    LOL Ancient Eqyptians? Is that how far back you think religion existed? Don't forget about the Akkadians! They were way back before Ancient Egypt and Assyria.
    You obviously believe in evolution, I won't argue against that. That's YOUR belief. Who adherents are following the herd like a sheep with Christianity?
    That's right, you don't understand. You think every religion is the same and interpret it the wrong way. Well, no one is stopping you
    from 'LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST', question is, what if there was a God? This is a transcendent dimension we're speaking of. Something supernatural.
    Way beyond worldly perspectives. After you die, do you believe you will physically rot in the ground and that's it? Why are we here then?
    oh boy. you just went full retard.

I only took the egyptians as example to show that YOUR religion is not unique or special. there have been so many versions of religion. how can it be true if every religion says something diffrent?

evolution isn't a belief. it is a scientific FACT. It has been proven in many ways. Go to any natural history museum. ask any biologist.

to your what if question. what if there isnt. What if questions are useless.

If there is something supernatural that is way beyond our understanding then religion is useless. We can't understand it so way bother speaking about it?

Is it so hard to understand that the only purpose we have as biological beings is to live and survive as long as possible. some things are just meaningless. only humans want to give meaning to everything.

Bunnychaser's Avatar Severe Tire Damage

Thanks
    and then it landed.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

the question now is: does this topic count as a structure? and what health pool does it have?
    Last edited by Bunnychaser; 07-01-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    Don't it always seem to go
    That you don't know what you've got
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    Hey, now they paved paradise
    To put up a parking lot.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Vickachu View Post
    oh boy. you just went full retard.

I only took the egyptians as example to show that YOUR religion is not unique or special. there have been so many versions of religion. how can it be true if every religion says something diffrent?

evolution isn't a belief. it is a scientific FACT. It has been proven in many ways. Go to any natural history museum. ask any biologist.

to your what if question. what if there isnt. What if questions are useless.

If there is something supernatural that is way beyond our understanding then religion is useless. We can't understand it so way bother speaking about it?

Is it so hard to understand that the only purpose we have as biological beings is to live and survive as long as possible. some things are just meaningless. only humans want to give meaning to everything.

I study biology... What I don't comprehend is that if we were monkey's thousands/millions of years ago and altered into humans today, why do we still have monkey's today?

It's always good to question, to learn. without having questions, what is there to know? or to find out? it can't be useless. it's meaningful.

life is a gift granted to us, a lot of us take advantage of it when we shouldn't. How do you know if it's useless though just because we can't understand it?

People understand it through time and patience. If you take this minimal time to just try to comprehend and not wait for answers then of course you're going

to give up on religion and perceive it as an 'false facts' and think it's pointless. I don't blame you for perceiving it in that way.

I'm not saying it's hard to understand that, of course humans understand time and death. We just don't know when it will strike us.

That can't be the only purpose of life though, i'm sure there is more meaning to it.
    Tomorrow comes today

Vickachu's Avatar Vikutoru

Thanks
    I study biology... What I don't comprehend is that if we were monkey's thousands/millions of years ago and altered into humans today, why do we still have monkey's today?

It's always good to question, to learn. without having questions, what is there to know? or to find out? it can't be useless. it's meaningful.

life is a gift granted to us, a lot of us take advantage of it when we shouldn't. How do you know if it's useless though just because we can't understand it?

People understand it through time and patience. If you take this minimal time to just try to comprehend and not wait for answers then of course you're going

to give up on religion and perceive it as an 'false facts' and think it's pointless. I don't blame you for perceiving it in that way.

I'm not saying it's hard to understand that, of course humans understand time and death. We just don't know when it will strike us.

That can't be the only purpose of life though, i'm sure there is more meaning to it.
    We didn't evolve from monkeys. We shared a common ancestor. and even if we did evolve from monkeys, what you are saying is like saying: all americans came from europe, why are there still europeans today?. that logic is simply flawed.

we cant learn from what if questions because you can make unlimited amound of possibilities with that. like: what if there was a giant citty eating spaghetti waiting for you when you die. that is why its useless.

and again we cant understand it so it is useless to talk about it. Life is "granted". by nature of god it doesnt matter what you believe. religious or non religious people both take advantage of that sometimes.

It's the other way around. if you put time in understanding how the world works you get further and further away from religion. since religion is just believing things that can't be proven.

sure we can speculate over this but we can never say what purpose life has or if it has a purpose at all. we simply dont know and probably never will.

Thanks
    it's almost like you're both saying the exact same thing... that i said a page and a half ago.

Originally Posted by Bunnychaser View Post
    Why would god give us the ability to question everything if we are not intended to question him, or the possibility of his inexistence?

Now, he brings up faith, and I counter by saying that faith is defined as belief that is not based on proof.

From here, it takes two turns. Either he says that it is your choice whether or not to have faith, or he says that people have proof of god.

The logical, and, mind you, the undeniable answer, is the first.

Lack of evidence against is not evidence for, therefore, there is no evidence for a god... Or against a god.

End of conversation.

(See, I almost have it rehearsed now on these forums.)

Don't worry, you should become a quantum scientist. They're good at that type of logic.
    That way, if you believe hard enough, it may happen... Or something like that.
    You know, trapping a cat in a box with a vial of acid and stuff.

quote job just for you guys
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    To put up a parking lot.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Vickachu View Post
    We didn't evolve from monkeys. We shared a common ancestor. and even if we did evolve from monkeys, what you are saying is like saying: all americans came from europe, why are there still europeans today?. that logic is simply flawed.

we cant learn from what if questions because you can make unlimited amound of possibilities with that. like: what if there was a giant citty eating spaghetti waiting for you when you die. that is why its useless.

and again we cant understand it so it is useless to talk about it. Life is "granted". by nature of god it doesnt matter what you believe. religious or non religious people both take advantage of that sometimes.

It's the other way around. if you put time in understanding how the world works you get further and further away from religion. since religion is just believing things that can't be proven.

sure we can speculate over this but we can never say what purpose life has or if it has a purpose at all. we simply dont know and probably never will.

If that's your way of viewing a few points then let it be, i thought it would be interesting to gather out other people's perspectives
    about faith or secularist views. I would like to forward on this topic but it really isn't getting anywhere since it's being too repetitive lol
    Have a good day sir.
    Tomorrow comes today

Charcoal's Avatar Jacob.

Thanks
    If that's your way of viewing a few points then let it be, i thought it would be interesting to gather out other people's perspectives
    about faith or secularist views. I would like to forward on this topic but it really isn't getting anywhere since it's being too repetitive lol
    Have a good day sir.
    He's not trying to understand the point that you are trying to make but instead he is trying to argue to convince himself that his belief is the correct one.
    So it's just a waste of your time to make conversation with him.

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Charcoal View Post
    He's not trying to understand the point that you are trying to make but instead he is trying to argue to convince himself that his belief is the correct one.
    Thanks Charcoal, I've realized.
    Tomorrow comes today

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Charcoal View Post
    and this statement makes you 90% more tool
    Til its gone
    They paved paradise
    And put up a parking lot
    To put up a parking lot.

11. The following user said thank you to Bunnychaser for this useful post:

Vickachu (07-01-2013)

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information