Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Gr3yscale's Avatar Vanta Von Vicious

Country
    Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    why he does not force us to follow him, why he allowed evil to spread: those things are not something I can answer. I am simply a human, a poor excuse for one at that, and I cannot be anything more than that.
    Because we're not in heaven..? I'm not sure if it's logical to wonder why he created evil. Because we have opposites of everything, it's one of the scientific, universal laws. And that's how good and evil was created too. So, since God is the creator of everything, he's also the creator of universal laws. Of course that's how 'Satan' is now everywhere. I'm guessing that according to religion, earth where we are now is just "in the middle" meaning we have both, and the purpose of religion is to either get to the negative opposite (hell) or the positive opposite (heaven). Sorry for my lame English, I'm sure I didn't make much sense there.

Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    Actually, people did think up religion lmao. God didn't create religion, people did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr5lY0TcdAw
    I'm not sure if I understand your point with that video lol
    Last edited by Gr3yscale; 06-29-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jawarisin View Post
    And so I shall answer since I do enjoy debating, as long as it stays respectful

If you create something, say, a sculpture, don't you watch over it while it's under your care? And if god showing himself was removing us the freedom of choice, wouldn't a rock showing itself remove the ability to choose either it does exist or does not exist? If i come and knock at your door, do I remove your freedom from deciding if I exist or not? We must not be that insignificant if he bothered to create us, don't you think? And scriptures did say he sent angels, his own son and all sorts of things down. So he definitely cares for us if he exist.

If I write a book describing myself as god, and how I am a supreme being. Does it mean that if it's found out 5000-10000 years later, that it must be true and therefore I am a god? There is currently a "Technological boom" going on, so we are obviously having more material regarding discoveries this past 600 years. And does time make anything more true? And since when the prophets were the best, Jesus was a poor uneducated guy. Nostradamus is at the same level, although he did have education.

"Bible 10 commandments: I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other God before me." Big time choice. How would we even be able to figure out he exist if he never appeared or did anything except create us without us knowing?

Evolution proves that one specie was not created like any religion says, but it in fact evolved from another life form. We are not definite creatures created by a being, we are rather the process of a long evolution. Religion depicts us as definite creatures created by one being, without changing.

As a matter of a fact, there is none... That's the problem.

Back in the elder days, the population was not as educated. "Science itself is as irrational as religion" wait what? Science says a wine is fermented grape juice (roughly), and it breaks it apart to see what it's made of. Religion says this is god's son's blood and that's that(Okay symbolism, ill add an extra example just for you <3 ). Religion says the Universe was created by this guy, we look like him obviously, and there's nothing you can say, even if you give me a proof, that would make me think otherwise. "Basing all its beliefs on laws we do not fully understand as of now" 1+1=2 welcome to maths. Fully understandable (for most of us at least). Rationality: "It is a normative concept of reasoning in the sense that rational people should derive conclusions in a consistent way given the ,information at disposal" the key part in this definition is "consistent way given the information at disposal" Religion does not have any "information at disposal" nor is it any consistent. Yeah, reality is our observation and what we can deduce... So what? You would base yourself on your imagination maybe?

It says days, not unit of time. And see it this way, let's just assume that "day" is a undetermined amount of time, but that's it's always the same. Basically, a day= a day. A day does not change length Thereforce, if it had to be roughly 1.5 billion yeards (and a little more). Per "day", considering plants were created before animals, and that animals were created on a different "day". How did plants such as carnivorous plants survive during 1.5 billion years. Plants whos reproduction depends on insects such as bees would be extinct. Days are 24 hour long, even the bible will say it when it describes day/night.

We don't have the same definition of dinosaur. Could you give me one accurate picture in the Bible or any of the such, of a dinosaur? And any story related to one? I honestly don't think you could.

Well, he can do anything anyways, so he can come into our plane and test it out. Then tell me, if god were to came to our plane of existance, and create an object he couldn't lift (etc etc). Now what?

Cordially,
    -Jawarisin

PS: Color codes were used to facilitate comprehension, I suggest you re-read the corresponding color argument.
    This color things works better than quotes I guess.

As I have said before, I am not God, nor can I speak for why he does things. I am simply a human. Moving on, he never presented himself though, that is the point. All of the people who were shown undeniable, unreputable proof that god existed already believed full heartily. Every single person who accepts his existence does so by their own choice, using their own experiences to prove that fact. Basically, he always allowed humanity to make the choice in accepting something as true or false, if he presented himself, that would be completely dismissed.

As for are we insignificant, compared to God, yes. Just because you create something, does not mean it equals you in importance, it simply means you created it.

This whole comment is irrelevant, I cannot debate against your opinions of Jesus, nor predict the future.

Through the experiences in which life is lived. Life itself is proof that God exists, everything else is just strawberries on the cake. This is why I do not discount religions separate from my own, they may be worshiping the same being as I am, just under a different name or different form. God is pure, religion is not. This does not mean religion is bad, it just means it is completely man made, as such, it can never be completely true.

Macro evolution is a theory, and micro evolution has its boundaries, and as I said before, I do not discount science or its findings. This isn't a debate between science and religion, it is between Atheism and the belief in a deity, one can believe in God and Science at the same time, they do not undermine each other.

Answered above.

Our observations are not complete, nor are they accurate in the slightest, as such, the study of the universe is incomplete, making it irrational. The only way for science to become completely rational is for someone omnipotent, all knowing, and everywhere at once. Sounds familiar hmmm?

Where did that assumption come from? I explained 'day' is nothing more than a length of time, not a set length of time, nor a perceived amount of time. It is simply a separator between the order in which things were created. Day 1 could be 10 billion years, and day 2 could be 5 days, nbd. These are farm folk (as I explained before), try explaining billions of years to your average Joe today, let alone the average Joe back 15 thousand years ago.

As I specified before, dinosaurs do not need to be mentioned in the Bible, they could of very easily have been extinct long before human kind recorded history. This does not discount the fact that God exists, it is simply a petty argument people try to use to try and disprove Genesis. This will be the last time I explain that 'day' is not a length of time, it is simply a way to separate the order in which things were created.

Gr3yscale's Avatar Vanta Von Vicious

Country
    Thanks
    Anyway, stfu guys because I have just disproved the existence of God.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYDKK95cpfM

Banned

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Gr3yscale View Post
    Anyway, stfu guys because I have just disproved the existence of God.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYDKK95cpfM

So much logic.

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Wucas View Post
    This color things works better than quotes I guess.

As I have said before, I am not God, nor can I speak for why he does things. I am simply a human. Moving on, he never presented himself though, that is the point. All of the people who were shown undeniable, unreputable proof that god existed already believed full heartily. Every single person who accepts his existence does so by their own choice, using their own experiences to prove that fact. Basically, he always allowed humanity to make the choice in accepting something as true or false, if he presented himself, that would be completely dismissed.

As for are we insignificant, compared to God, yes. Just because you create something, does not mean it equals you in importance, it simply means you created it.

This whole comment is irrelevant, I cannot debate against your opinions of Jesus, nor predict the future.

Through the experiences in which life is lived. Life itself is proof that God exists, everything else is just strawberries on the cake. This is why I do not discount religions separate from my own, they may be worshiping the same being as I am, just under a different name or different form. God is pure, religion is not. This does not mean religion is bad, it just means it is completely man made, as such, it can never be completely true.

Macro evolution is a theory, and micro evolution has its boundaries, and as I said before, I do not discount science or its findings. This isn't a debate between science and religion, it is between Atheism and the belief in a deity, one can believe in God and Science at the same time, they do not undermine each other.

Answered above.

Our observations are not complete, nor are they accurate in the slightest, as such, the study of the universe is incomplete, making it irrational. The only way for science to become completely rational is for someone omnipotent, all knowing, and everywhere at once. Sounds familiar hmmm?

Where did that assumption come from? I explained 'day' is nothing more than a length of time, not a set length of time, nor a perceived amount of time. It is simply a separator between the order in which things were created. Day 1 could be 10 billion years, and day 2 could be 5 days, nbd. These are farm folk (as I explained before), try explaining billions of years to your average Joe today, let alone the average Joe back 15 thousand years ago.

As I specified before, dinosaurs do not need to be mentioned in the Bible, they could of very easily have been extinct long before human kind recorded history. This does not discount the fact that God exists, it is simply a petty argument people try to use to try and disprove Genesis. This will be the last time I explain that 'day' is not a length of time, it is simply a way to separate the order in which things were created.
    You seem to beleive full heartily in god, and plenty do. Some would even kill for him, they were never shown any proof. And what you are saying sounds to me like "Someone who is already convinced of something which is not real will find justifications wherever he can find one" They are not proof. His existence is not yet a fact either. And back to what I was saying, showing himself wouldn't remove the choice, if he exist there is no choice to be made, it's a fact. It's like saying gravity is a choice, it's a fact, there's nothing to it. I exist, you exist, those are facts, it has nothing to do with choosing. When you create something by your own will, you care for it.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact. Nowhere in the bible does it say he was educated, in fact he was a poor guy, and it put a strong emphasis on that. I'm refering to the future as an exemple to help you understand the time difference. And if we believe the bible, our universe would be 6000 years old.

Macro evolution IS proved...

Life's existance is not proving anything in religion. The same way that my hand does not prove I am God.

Rectification, our observation ARE complete, we just havn't observed everything. Incomplete does NOT equal Irrationnal *refer to my previous post for a definition. Same thing with the definition of rationnal... And no. Science does well without god, in fact it never even proved god existed or did anything towards it. It only continuously disproves god's existence by discovering new things that were of god's realm before.

In fact, on the first day he supposedly created time with light. No matter how you put it, that story doesn't hold itself up.

How did dinausor become exctinct without human being also.... Lots of stuff doesn't make sense there

-Jawarisin
    Last edited by Jawarisin; 06-29-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

Saiyan's Avatar Champion.

Country
    Thanks
    Hail satan.

In the end, playing legit pays off.
    Originally Posted by DesiBoii View Post
    me and saiyan bffs

Banned

Thanks
    I'm christian & pround.

Jawarisin's Avatar doG

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Systema View Post
    I'm christian & pround.
    Pround

-Jawarisin
    This is Jawarisin

BLAST OF THE YEAR: https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-your-donation!
    Thanks Superwaffle for that

https://freestylersworld.com/showthre...-Onther-app-gm
    LOL'D SO F*CKING HARD AT THE AGE!

Wucas Pls's Avatar Asuka Langley Soryu

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Jawarisin View Post
    You seem to beleive full heartily in god, and plenty do. Some would even kill for him, they were never shown any proof. And what you are saying sounds to me like "Someone who is already convinced of something which is not real will find justifications wherever he can find one" They are not proof. His existence is not yet a fact either. And back to what I was saying, showing himself wouldn't remove the choice, if he exist there is no choice to be made, it's a fact. It's like saying gravity is a choice, it's a fact, there's nothing to it. I exist, you exist, those are facts, it has nothing to do with choosing. When you create something by your own will, you care for it.

This is not an opinion, it's a fact. Nowhere in the bible does it say he was educated, in fact he was a poor guy, and it put a strong emphasis on that. I'm refering to the future as an exemple to help you understand the time difference. And if we believe the bible, our universe would be 6000 years old.

Macro evolution IS proved...

Life's existance is not proving anything in religion. The same way that my hand does not prove I am God.

Rectification, our observation ARE complete, we just havn't observed everything. Incomplete does NOT equal Irrationnal *refer to my previous post for a definition. Same thing with the definition of rationnal... And no. Science does well without god, in fact it never even proved god existed or did anything towards it. It only continuously disproves god's existence by discovering new things that were of god's realm before.

In fact, on the first day he supposedly created time with light. No matter how you put it, that story doesn't hold itself up.

How did dinausor become exctinct without human being also.... Lots of stuff doesn't make sense there

-Jawarisin
    Going to bed, night.

Humans believe by perceiving, we accept gravity as real because we feel it; If God showed himself to us, we would believe it. Forcing us to use other means our choices are not made up prior to the conviction of believing or not believing, that is the point I am making. If someone told you that gravity existed, but you never experienced it, would you believe it? That is for you to decide, but the fact remains, as soon as you experience something, you no longer have the choice to accept it as real or not real, it just is. God wants you to find him, not him to just be accepted without reason.

The bible never gives a timeline in which the earth was born, nor will it end, all speculation is completely man made. Also, Jesus had to be born in a poor family to fulfill prophecies, it was not accident.

No, it is still considered a theory by the global consensus of scientist. Changes through species, and even creating new species have been proven, but crossing a phylum, let alone crossing kingdoms, has not.

I guess we will leave this as our separate opinions. Life, to me, is more proof than I will ever need.

Incorrect, how does it disprove God in any way? The only thing science has EVER disproved is silly humans assumptions of how the world works, nothing more, nothing less. Even now, everything you have pointed out are your assumptions of what 'religion' is based on your experiences. Also, as the definition states "irrational (adj): not endowed with reason or understanding", explains most of physics. We are simply shooting blanks in the dark, and basing all our theories off the ones that hit. It is not endowed with understanding, nor can reason explain things we do not understand in the slightest. The deeper we delve, the more confused we get.

First Day: Creation of Light and Darkness (Big Bang?)
    Second Day: Separation of sky (Creation of stars?)
    Third Day: Separation of water and land (Creation of earth?)
    Fourth Day: Creation of 2 great lights (Creation of moon, also clearing of atmosphere so that purer light can penetrate cloud cover, unlike Venus)
    Fifth Day: Sea creatures given life (Evolutionary cycle of the sea creatures?)
    Sixth Day: Land creatures given life, last of which are humans (Evolutionary cycle of land animals?)
    Seventh Day: Rest

Animals were created long before humans; this period of time could of lasted hundreds of millions of years
    Last edited by Wucas Pls; 06-29-2013 at 09:12 AM.

wys

Country
    Thanks
    Ew Atheist? go away.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information