DualWield's Avatar New Member

Thanks
    Hey guys! I'm here at Freestyle GunZ with a problemo..

So I've been playing for a few days... and then one day when I enter a game,
    Everyone's ping is -- and I'm the only one with 0 Ping. Then if I stick around in the game for a while, this appears in the Chat Log.
    Error.PNG

Does anyone know why this is happening? I checked with my Brother's laptop and he doesn't seem to have the problem.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by DualWield; 07-19-2013 at 07:13 AM.
    -DualWield-
    IGN: Silicent

Expect Nothing. Be Prepared for Everything. Can You Handle It?

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    GunZ TCP socket errors are weird (and rare). This means you cannot connect peer2peer (P2P) and something is blocking you from connecting to our matchagent (NAT).

I would have you look into is seeing if you have ANY programs running on the ports 7700-7800 if so, try closing them that should help as something may be intercepting your packets on the return message. This also makes sense because you can connect to the server (port 6000)

In simple terms: close any background programs that may be connected to the internet.

After that check your firewalls, router firewall (any special TCP rules) and or simply trying to restart your router.

Donator

Thanks
    g o start> run> cmd
    in cmd type: netstat -aon
    look for any ip addreses with ending ports between 7700-7800

when you find any look at the PID behind it and note it

now type in cmd: taskkill /pid nowthepidnumberyoufound /f
    and execute.
    now program that used this port is closed and try again

McDonald's headquarter

Country
    Thanks
    close your firewall

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    GunZ TCP socket errors are weird (and rare). This means you cannot connect peer2peer (P2P) and something is blocking you from connecting to our matchagent (NAT).

I would have you look into is seeing if you have ANY programs running on the ports 7700-7800 if so, try closing them that should help as something may be intercepting your packets on the return message. This also makes sense because you can connect to the server (port 6000)

In simple terms: close any background programs that may be connected to the internet.

After that check your firewalls, router firewall (any special TCP rules) and or simply trying to restart your router.
    So I followed beeksebergen's attempt of solution, and did what he asked me to do. I looked at the TCP Protocols List, and I don't see any ports listed that are between 7700-7800. The closest one is 7112.

I don't think I need to close my Firewall...

As for checking, I'm not too sure on how. I know FGunZ worked when I had this router. Usually when I had this problem in the past with other servers, I would just reformat my laptop and it would work like a charm. However, I don't want to go through that grueling and yet tedious waste of time to reformat just because of one game.. (and I can't find my reformatting Discs LOL)

Can you give me a little help on how to check my firewalls? (Router and System)
    -DualWield-

Banned

Country
    Thanks
    The thing is since it works on your brother's computer (probably the same network) something IS running on the GunZ port range. One alternative option you can do is change GunZ's portrange. Im not sure how effective that would be but it may help.

To do this you do the following:
    Options -> Misc -> You should see a bar ontop that says Ports and it'll look like this [7700]-[7800] or something like that(if it doesnt change it so its 7700 -> 7800) anyway from there try adding 200 to each so its [7900]-[8100] -> after that hit ok and GunZ will tell you it has to restart.

Thanks
    Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    The thing is since it works on your brother's computer (probably the same network) something IS running on the GunZ port range. One alternative option you can do is change GunZ's portrange. Im not sure how effective that would be but it may help.

To do this you do the following:
    Options -> Misc -> You should see a bar ontop that says Ports and it'll look like this [7700]-[7800] or something like that(if it doesnt change it so its 7700 -> 7800) anyway from there try adding 200 to each so its [7900]-[8100] -> after that hit ok and GunZ will tell you it has to restart.
    I didnt have any ports running on 7700-7800.. But I did what you did, and it worked! Thankss veryy mucho!!!
    -DualWield-

Thread Information